D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Daggerfordians moved in on the gnoll camp. As they did so, one of the gnolls suddenly sniffed at the air, yipped in their strange laugh-like tongue, and they started to reach for weapons. It was unclear if they had actually noticed the approach of the Daggerfordians or not, but they were alert all the same.

GM: Encounter: Gnoll Hunter's Camp
GHCamp4.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Trees, Rocks Visibility: Dim (?); Cover: Trees
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Dornuk AC18* HP 71/71 HD 3/6 PP14* RGdc15 2/3 MA 3/3 BM 3/3
Escella AC14 HP 32/33 HD 3/6 PP18 SSdc13 4/4 1/3 2/2 SP 5/5
Helgrim AC19 HP 54/58 HD 3/6 PP11* SDdc15 3/5d8
Lionel AC16 HP 51/51 HD 6/6 PP14
Tommi AC14 HP 39/39 HD 6/6 PP17
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 45/45 HD 4/6 PP13* SSdc14 4/4 2/3 2/3
(NPCs)
Oh-Six AC13(18) HP 22/22 HD 4/4 PP15(20)* SSdc13 3/3 fly60'
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Flind AC16 HP 52/52 PP13*
Gnoll1 AC13 HP 32/32 PP11*
Gnolls AC14 HP22ea PP9*
-Gn2 22/22; Gn3 22/22;
-Gn4 22/22; Gn5 22/22;
Hyena Worgs AC13 HP27ea PP12* (dead)
GM: End Round Three; Begin Round Four

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Seizing the opportunity, Helgrim runs through the magical fog as fast as his old legs can carry him. He appears on the other side, shield up and axe raised, and a battlecry explodes from his mouth.

It must be an impressive sight, at least until the dwarf discovers he has misjudged the distance to the gnolls. Still quite a bit away, Helgrim decides to dig into his reserves and throw the axe at the nearest, ugliest gnoll, but it flies by harmlessly.

"R'lease them pris'ners!" he adds with a shout, wanting to feel useful just a bit.

OOC: Move, then Dash to AH-19. Using my Action Surge: Throw the battleaxe at Gnoll1.

It's a throw with a non-Throwing weapon, which means I do not add my proficiency bonus and have a reach of 20/60. And it's just over 20 feet away, which means disadvantage. However! If the number is close to what I need to roll, I will use the Precision Attack maneuver, potentially hitting the target after all. :) So let's roll:

2D20.LOW(1) = [4, 19] = 4
Nope, that's not going to hit. :( (Unless of course the element of surprise grants advantage?...:p )

Helgrim AC19 HP 54/58 HD 3/6 PP11* SDdc15 3/5d8

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn rushes out of the blinding fog, he dislikes not knowing where everyone is, but understands why it was needed. Still, he rushes out and stands ready.

He whispers to Helgrim
"Didn't we agree not to draw attention to the prisoners?"

Move: AJ23
Action: Dodge

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Escella slid silently through the underbrush. She was well hidden and all the gnolls' attention was drawn away from her as Helgrim shouted, burst out of the fog cover, and flung his battle axe. His target, a large gnoll near the trail that went down from the camp to the ridge-line, spun about and then ducked the hurling axe, baring its teeth. It howled a high-pitched squeal and rushed toward Helgrim with a great axe held high. With no regard for itself, it swung the axe in a mad fury, catching the old dwarf with a mighty blow.

Lunn had followed, but in a vain attempt to continue their ambush, stayed under the cover of a tree.

OOC: Helgrim missed, unfortunately. Even without disadvantage, his first roll was a 4. Gnoll1 got him for a whopping 15! (Reckless, so advantage against him for the round)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi looks at Lionel and presses his fingers to his lips. He has sensed no gnolls yes, and he hears Helgrim's distraction. He creeps closer to the prisoners, and notices the vulture there. That'll cause a racket he thinks to himself, and so does his best to remain unnoticed.

When he is next to the first prisoner, he whispers, "I'm Tommi. I'm here to rescue you."

OOC: Move 60' to AX 17
Hide 1d20+8=25.

Remove ads