log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

MetaVoid

Explorer
"And when you say 'we', you mean your...companion...and you or there is whole group of humans somewhere? Should we charge back out?" Asks Vairar eyeing the flying orb.
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Dandin thrust his blade into the houndmaster's armour, and the orc spun on him in rage. Before he could raise his sword to the halfling, the big orc fell as Angis' axe nearly took his head. His oversized blade clattered down the ramp. The orc there looked at the weapon, as if he considered taking it up, but then he spat, grunted, and ran back down the trail leaving his last remaining kin to battle alone.

That orc barely kept his footing on the crumbling ledge, and he thumped Escella with the butt of his axe to try to make room. Angis hacked him with his off-hand axe and the orc nearly fell.

In the crypt, Tommi and Vairar made each other's acquaintance as ORB5 buzzed about the chamber, recording the layout.

GM: Resolutions

Angis did 15 (axe) to Houndmaster (Dead) & 13 (axe) damage to Orc5
Dandin
did 7 (sword) damaage to Houndmaster
Escella
missed (sword) Orc5
Tommi
talked to Vairar
Vairar
talked to Tommi
ORB5
hovered about
Houndmaster died
Orc2 dashed to (W7)
Orc5 did 5 (axe) damage to Escella
 

GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Orcs at the Swan's Nest

SNest7.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Houndmaster (G17, Dead); Dog1 (Dead); D2 (Dead); D3 (Dead);
Orc1 (Dead); O2 (W7); O3 (Dead); O4 (Dead); O5 (G18);
(PCs) Angis (F17); Dandin (F16); Escella (F18); Tommi (AU12); Vairar (AU13); (NPCs) Orb5 (AT13);
(General Features) Visibility: Outside: (Bright); Crypt: (Darkness); Terrain: Cliffs (10 foot drops); Pond (20 feet deep);
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 7/40 HD 4/4 PP14* SS 2/3
Dandin AC14 HP 21/23 HD 4/4 PP14 SS 1/4 3/3 BI 2/3
Escella AC14 HP 8/24 HD 4/4 PP 14 SS 4/4 2/2
Tommi AC14 HP 2/28 HD 4/4 PP14
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 17/31 HD 4/4 PP13* SS 3/4 3/3 SoF
(NPCs)
ORB5 AC13(18) HP 10/10 PP14* SS 2/3
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Houndmaster AC16 HP 0/52 (Dead)
Dog1 AC11 HP 0/11 (Dead)
Dog2 AC11 HP 0/11 (Dead)
Dog3 AC11 HP 0/11 (Dead)
Orc1 AC13 HP 0/18 (Dead)
Orc2 AC13 HP 16/16
Orc3 AC13 HP 0/19 (Dead)
Orc4 AC13 HP 0/18 (Dead)
Orc5 AC13 HP 4/17
GM: End Round Six; Begin Round Seven[/b]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
"Come with me," Tommi suggests to Vairar.

OOC: Tommi doesn't want to outpace Vairar, so
Move and Action/Dash (to AI 11 or so -- however far we can get)
Bonus: Dodge

If Vairar doesn't accompany him for some reason he'll move an extra 30'.
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
Vairar nods and moves along light-footed human his armor clanking as he navigated the rubble.

OOC: move and dash, not sure which parts are difficult terrain so just move him along the path as far as it goes.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin breahed a sigh of relief as the Houndmaster fell. He watched the axe fly back and land near rhe other orc. He almost relaxed when it decided on the better part of valor, but didn't want to lose the benefit of their infiltration.

"Oh no you don't..."

With a flick of his wrist the rapier morphed into it's alternate form and the halfling held a shawm to his mouth. The tune was hauntingly sweet and a moment later the orc slowed to a shuffle before laying down and curling up with a rock for a pillow.

Sleep: 5d8 23

Dandin ApplesBane
HP: 21 / 23 HD: 4/4d8
AC: 14
Spells:
Goodapple 10/10 slices available
1st Level: 4/2
2nd Level: 2/3
 


As Tommi and Vairar came out of the sapper tunnel, Dandin's lullaby carried across the sunken garden. The orc rushing down the path slumped down into a deep slumber.

In the rise, Escella thrust her sword into the last remaining orc and he fell off the ledge, thumping his way down the embankment.

GM: End of Encounter.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin sighed in relief as the last orc fell. This fight was harder than he'd expected, and Angus would probably need a rest before they could do anything like that again. At least they didn't have the entire orcish army bearing down on them. Well, yet, anyways.

Still, that axe might be special, judging by the look the other one had given it before deciding to run for it instead. Dandin walked up to it and picked it up for a closer inspection. He was no weapons specialist by any means, but he could tell if something had enough value to bother with.

Glancing down the ramp he saw Tommi coming out of some tunnel with somebody else in toe. They were a lot closer to the sleeping orc than he was, so he called out to them.

"Tommi! Watch out, that one there is just taking a nap. Don't suppose you could tie him up for me? We'll be right down as soon as we clean up up this area."

That said, the halfling proceeded to start rifling bodies lookin for loose change or anything else of value.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"We should drag the bodies into the ravine so they won't be seen by a passing patrol," Escella says. "That one on the ridge there (P4) might be noticed."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Swan’s Nest
Afternoon
Round 0

“Aye,” Angis agreed with Escella. “Shove ‘em under the bridge,” he suggested. “Guid job, lass,” the bloody dwarf told Escella as he limped over to pick up his heavy crossbow. He was able to yank one of the bolts out of an orc, but the other had broken. “Who’s tha’?” he asked Tommi, who was dragging someone out of the dirt hole across the pit.

Angis jumped down into the ditch to start shifting bodies to be hidden under the bridge.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Move Hunter’s Mark to last orc
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark on last orc
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 7/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
The creature that supports Tommi stands down putting away his war hammer and shield. With dust covering everything and coming out of the crypt you might be asking yourself is this apparition mortal or not.

But it seems harmless enough now, if you ignore dead, partially exploded dog and an orc.

"It will take more work, but you might consider hiding them in the crypt. I wouldn't normally advise hiding orc bodies in elven crypt, but they already disturbed their rest and right now secrecy may be more important than pride."

It is hard to say if the warrior is elf, human or some variation thereof since the armor and the helm cover most of the face and the body. It is fairly lithe even in the heavy armor, but the voice is rough, certainly rougher than you would expect from an elf. Then again, it came out of the elven crypt on an elven manor and long hair cascades down his back.

Vairar runs back into the crypt and returns with a pack and long spear, the pendant fluttering in the light breeze. It is a blue field with a cloud raining.

He unclips a rope and trusses up the orc after checking him, it, for hidden weapons. Finally, he stands tall in front of the group
"I am Aredhel Vairar Aina'carthin and thank you for coming to my aid. If you didn't arrive, I'm afraid this place would be used as a staging point for attack on the manor. Me and my kin owe you a favor."
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
"Yeah. This is Vairar," says Tommi as they reassemble. He makes his way to the Houndmaster corpse, and checks for keys or other things that might be useful.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Why do you think this will be a staging point for an attack?" Escella says. "If the orcs already know about the secret entrance to the manor, they will send another force here when these orcs do not return. I also doubt we have the skill to hide that hole in the crypt wall to conceal our own entry. Maybe we put them in that building (AE19) to avoid further despoiling the crypt."
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin straighens from the Houmdmaster's corpse just as Tommi gets there. He smiles at his friend and lifts one of the orc's arms to help pull him back down the bridge.

Seeing the others getting into what was likely to become a lively discussion on the merits of more stealth against the sanctimony of the dead, Dandin sighed.

"Look, I'm sure the dead won't mind a bit more company for the time being. We can have workers come clean it out and a priest come and re-consecrate the place when this is all over. For now let's focus on stopping these orcs and saving as many people as we can.

Maybe if we collapse the tunnel they'll decide it isn't worth the effort. We can even leave some of these corpses in the tunnel to show as proof of a 'good' idea gone wrong."


As they got things taken care of, and after dandin checked each of the orcs for valuables and potential magical items he stood to meet the 'elf?' They'd apparently saved.

"Sorry for the delayed introduction friend. I'm Dandin Applesbane of Daggerford, and we're the Doughty Daggerfordians, well some of them anyways. We came to help deal with these rampaging orcs. Are you from the manor then?"
 
Last edited:

MetaVoid

Explorer
"Collapsing the tunnel is a good idea. But the blood and lack of guards may make it hard to hide. But these Hulgorkyn were never the smartest."

The elf speaks levelly, the voice not getting any gentler now that the dust settled.
"Whatever you want to do, you need to do it fast."

OOC: If anyone knows military or mercenary bands or has special connection to the elves, they can recognize the flag
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"We only need one or two bodies visible in the rubble," Escella says. "They'll just assume the others were trapped inside, hopefully. But before we do that, is there another way in? We don't want the ceiling dropping on us."
 

The orc's sapper-tunnel was a way into the crypts, presumably for the orcs to rob them. The proper way in was a stair-and-hallway under the shrine. Vairar had sealed that path from inside, but now that he was not harassed by orcs, he was able to return through the sapper tunnel and open the way. The group gathered the orcs and filled the sapper tunnel with their bodies, and collapsed the tunnel on them, leaving false evidence, in case they were discovered by roaming orcs, that they had perished in their greed.

Within the shrine, there was a device for communicating with the manor-house (the reason the Daggerfordians had come) and they found it with a bit of difficulty. It was a carved soapstone, hanging from a silken rope on the wall next to a beautiful tapestry depicting the passage of seasons.

When activated, a voice filled the room, a woman speaking elvish, "Who is there? If you have desecrated our family crypts, you will not live long to regret it."

Vairar recognized the voice as that of Shalendra Floshin, Lord Darfin's sister. He had met her once, at the manor house, but clearly she was unaware that he had gone to secure the crypts (he was not a member of the house staff, but an occasional guest, this time only recently arrived.)

On the shrine's floor there was a patterned mosaic, and a circle began to glow brightly within it.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin smiles as he hears the voice from the device. It was amazing how the elven language seemed to have a musical element even when spoken in anger. But then he schooled himself, it wouldn't do to sound amolused in this situation, and replied in the elven tongue himself.

"Not us no, but we did 'stumble' upon a party of orcs that'd just broken into them. Fortunately, we were able to dispatch them before they'd done more than break down a wall."

"I am Dandin Applesbane of the Daughty Daggerfordians. The duke asked us to look into the situation and see if we can help."
 

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top