log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Lady Shalendra Floshin stepped out of the teleportation circle, along with four armed elven guards. She seemed ready for a fight, but upon seeing Angis, Tommi, and Dandin she relaxed somewhat, though remained unfriendly.

"Ah, it is you - Isteval's proteges." she said, still speaking in her native tongue as if anyone who didn't understand it didn't matter.

Seeing her now, Dandin remembered her from Isteval's dinner, when the original Daggerfordians had formed as a group before setting off for Julkoun. She was Lord Darfin's sister, an aloof elf mage. Her brother had invited them to visit their manor whenever they wished. This memory increased Dandin's confidence as he spoke to her, though she was quite intimidating.

OOC: I had forgotten myself. She was there at the dinner, post 280-323
 

log in or register to remove this ad

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The sudden appearance startled Dandin at first. He'd expected a few morw questions before getting to meet anyone face to face. And while he'd heard of teleportation magic, he'd never had the honor of seeing it in person. But he quickly regained his composure with a smile and a bow to Lady Floshin.

"I'm glad that we found you well milady. I take it the manor is secure. Would you like to assess the damage?"
 
Last edited:

MetaVoid

Explorer
"I am Dandin Applesbane of the Daughty Daggerfordians. The duke asked us to look into the situation and see if we can help."
"Daughty Daggerfordians. Really!? How local-patriotic." comments the elf. "That was Shalendra Floshin, that would lady of the manor to you." he continues quietly and startles as the magic flares to life.

Vairar gives a slight bow to the woman. "My lady, these locals did indeed save the crypt and incidentally me with it. And prevented the desecration. The orcs got in their heads that it would be easier to get to me through the wall than through the door. They deserve the thanks, not...." he waves the hand vaguely in the air not wanting to say something less than complimentary of the noble.
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Tommi puts his knife away, and puts the stones in his other hand back into his pocket. He licks his hands, and then rubs his palm over his brow, trying to pat down the lick of hair that's standing up.

"Milady." he says, keeping his eyes down.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"I'm Escella Bok of Daggerford. I've been trying to get to the estate for the last few weeks ever since I heard about the siege. Kelson Darktreader said to aid you if I could." She looks at Vairar, "None of us are locals. These other folk have only just arrived in Newfield last night. They are also from Daggerford."

Looking back at the lady, "Although, given your apparent abilities, I wonder that you need my help at all."
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
The elf that up to now sounded more like a dwarf or even an orc with sudden manner and rough voice, suddenly shows elven arrogance. He looks at Escella
"And them being from Daggerford makes them less local? I'm from Evereska. Day or two of travel does not non-local make. But whatever, WE..." he includes irate noble with the incline of his head "... are grateful for your help and I am grateful for my life. I will, with Lady Floshins approval, assist you however I can."

@jmucchiello, just some character establishment, he will be rough mercenary, but I will occasionally be irritating with his 'worldly' view :)
 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Escella gives Vairar a look of dismissal but says nothing further on the subject. "Perhaps we should not remain in the crypt area now that the interlopers have been dealt with," she says to the group.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin gives Vairar a queer look, he wasn't keen on accepting insults he didn't deserve. And while he was generally good natured, he also had a way of cutting to the quick, when he needed to.

"We 'locals' just saved your life, as I recall. I'm sure we could use your help, but a bit more graciousness wouldn't go amiss."

Then he brightened up and smiled around the chamber. Pulling an apple seed from his pouch he conjured up one of his special apples and used a knife to slice it into ten equal pieces. These he offered up as he spoke.

"That said, I think we could all do with something to fill our bellies! Here, everyone please, have a slice. And never fear, it'll be the best apple you've ever had and you won't be terribly hungry all day afterwards! I learned how to make these after meeting a dryad outside of Julkoun. She planted one of my apple seeds and after we saved the city, we came back to fin9d a small tree with a single apple. She let have it, and ever since I've been able to do this. I call them goodapples."

One for everyone present who wants a try, any extras can be saved in case of further fights today.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Food is an excellent idea," Escella says. "Rest, an even best idea. Poor Tommi looks like he's about to fall over before I do."

OOC: We have any healers or are we just going to hope for a short rest.
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
Vairar looks at Dandin
"I just thanked you. In front of...everyone. I didn't mean any offense if your way if thanking is different, my apologies, I didn't know."
He takes the apple piece
"Thank you, really very good. We should rest while I bandage your wounds. Battlefield medicine I'm afraid, but I can cast a cure if needed."

Thinking some more after that as he bandaged Tommi and Angis
"Did you mean respect as if 'local' makes you less? My language is not perfect, but I always thought 'local' meant 'from around this locale'. Let me try to make things better."
Vairar grasps his malformed spear in both hands and plants it in the middle of the crypt room
"Winged mother, even underground please hear my plea. Let these people feel freshness of the air high above and forget their injuries."

The wind blasts away from the spear in a short lived vortex and wounds close wherever it touches. As it subsides, the priest looks up with a wide grin. "Hows that for graciousness?"

OOC: short rest? if the lady lets us :)
Prayer of healing: 2D8+3 = [4, 4]+3 = 11 - up to 6 creatures...
 
Last edited:

Lady Shalendra sighed. It was clear that she found these interactions tedious at best. Still, she was not ungracious and when Vairar had finished checking the others' wounds, she offered, "I am sure that my brother, Lord Darfin will be happy to meet with you. Allow me to open a portal to the manor house, and you may wash the smell of the... road from yourselves and be presented."

She nodded to her guards, and cast a spell which reactivated the shrine's teleportation circle. Then she stepped through, leaving the guards to wait for the others to follow her.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin waited for Lady Shalendra had departed before responding to Vairar's comments. Wouldn't want to annoy yheir host with their conversation. She seemed annoyed enough in general as it was.
"People from Waterdeep call us 'locals' too. Normally we just vome to expect it I guess, but it can be annoying. Especially when used in a disdainful air. Daggerford's a pretty good sized city itself, and we're proud of our little corner of the world."

"That said, i apologize for snapping at you. Lets speak no more of it and try to be friends. I can't wait to see Sir Darfin again."


Dandin's eyes hardened a bit as he said the last. He remembered the elves comments on the night of the dinner, specifically his backhanded compliment of the smallfolk. Dandin had come a long ways already, and intended to give the lord a reason to change his views. But he'd do it with style and diplomatically, as he did everything. Schooling his features back into the genial smile he was known for, the halfling stepped through the portal.
 



KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Swan’s Nest
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis grunted as the armored figure from the crypt introduced himself. “Well if that ain’t an elfy name, I’ll be an orc,” he said. Hiding the orcs in the crypt was actually a good idea, but he wouldn’t have wanted to disturb elven dead without permission. Elves were prickly that way.

After taking care of the orcs, Angis went with the others to the area under the shrine to find the communication device. He didn’t like the hostility in the voice that greeted them, or the way that mosaic on the floor was starting to glow. He backed away, knowing just how much he was still injured.

The elven mage from the duke’s dinner appeared in the circle with twelve elven warriors. Angis’ hands drifted to his axes, just in case, as she continued to speak in Elven, which he didn’t understand. At least Dandin seemed to have the mastery of the tongue.

“Well ye all jus’ bluidy well speak Common!” the dwarf said grumpily. He accepted the apple slice from Dandin, feeling marginally better, especially after the healing spell was cast, though he was still pretty broken.

Still grumbling, Angis stepped through the teleportation circle. It seemed the elves were feeling...well, elves were never really friendly, in his experience.

OOC: Angis has Cure Wounds if needed. He tends to save it for bringing up downed people in a fight. I think I’ve used it once on himself as he moved from a dead enemy to a new one (hobgoblin fight). I tend to feel every character should have some form of healing, if possible LOL


Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (600r)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 19/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Tommi takes the apple slice, and is instantly sated. He thanks Vairar for the healing as well. If there is time for a short rest he takes it, and snoozes dopily.

OOC: Currently at 2/28. +1 (apple) +11 (healing) = 14/28. If we take a rest, spend 2 dice +2d8+2=16 = back to full 28/28.
 


Floshin Manor

By the time everyone was through the teleportation circle, Shalendra had marched off without so much as a farewell. The guards, too quickly returned to their duties, leaving the Daggerfordians alone for a moment in a grand foyer beside a guarded gatehouse. The broad room contained an elegant wooden table with chairs, as well as an empty wooden bookshelf carved to resemble a wisteria-overgrown garden arch. In the middle of the room, the worn cobbled floor faded from the glowing magic of the portal to a simple pattern of a bent tree inside a circle of white stones.

To the west there was a a roofed stone bridge that passed over a waterfall and stream that crossed from north to south and could be heard and seen through the windows on either side of the covered bridge. Crossing the bridge came a well-dressed elf servant, though he was lightly armoured and carried a sword.

"Greetings, I am Talynen, a housecarl. Lord Darfin has been informed of your arrival and will meet with you in his sitting room as soon as he is able," he said speaking the common tongue, "This should give you time to bathe and rest. I see that you've had quite a journey. I can have your apparel washed and mended."

He led the Daggerfordians across the bridge to a great stairwell in a broad, circular tower topped by a copper and crystal dome that let in natural light. Three windows opened in the northern wall, the center one was paned with stained-glass figures of elves and forest animals. Two windows opened to the south, but in the center of that wall was a wide corridor leading out of the room. Other corridors lead east and west, and the stairs circled downward. In the spaces between the windows and halls sat large clay vases holding living decorative vines, which drape the walls up to the base of the dome.

OOC: I will continue the tour in a bit... feel free to chat with Talynen.
 
Last edited:


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top