D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
ORB2 relayed a reasonable map of Julkoun to Enseth: Each gate (3a & b) was guarded by four goblins with a hobgoblin captain. Each Guardtower by 3 goblins (6a to 6f). The group's intended target, the disguised roof of the hidden bridge (13) was twenty feet down in the moat of the upper city (the water was forty feet down and flowed ten feet under the bridge.) Unfortunately, it was within sight of one of the watchtowers (6f). There was a breach in theh palisade, where the goblins had broken through (1). For some reason, in spite of adding goads and lilies to the outer defences, the goblins had not cleared the jumble of broken wood that bridged the moat there.

OOC: Any questions?

Julkoun.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Duh. I forgot to mention, the Party is at X, hidden in some bushes. There is a lot of brush, rocks, and other cover along that ridge that runs from the X to the north-east corner, which is the base of the Flint. As you can see by the scale, the party is within 100 feet of the bridge, but the watchtower (6f) is only about 40 feet away from it. It's daylight, and early afternoon with good weather, so the goblins squint in the midday sun.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Yes, getting *into* it is the point of the venture. But you've got to get *down* to it (without being seen). It allows the Cellars (which are underground, naturally) to cross the moat. The roof of it is 20 feet down into the moat. Both sides go into underground tunnels. Sorry if that was unclear.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Forest/Dryad’s grove
Morning
Round 0

Angis nodded to the dryad. “I wuild be honored t’ stop by,” he told her. “An’ I will look f’r yer friend an’ see wot’s become o’ ‘im. Seems we know where a few more villagers are bein’ ‘eld. ‘opefully ‘e’s alive an’ well in one o’ those places.”

They came up with a plan and headed around the Flint to a local quarry where they could find a secret way into the captured city. Angis hoped there weren’t too many goblins.

Angis surveyed the city. “Tha’ watchtower’s gaein’ t’ prove annoyin’,” he told the others, indicating the goblins atop the tower. “Can we get a spell up there? Put ‘em t’ sleep? Or some snipers?” He unslung his crossbow. It had good range, but he wasn’t as good with it as with his axes. The tower would provide some cover and flashy magic would be just as alerting of trouble as being seen.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Horde Breaker:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 31/31 HD: 3/d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 3/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

Fradak

Explorer
Enseth listens to Angis questions and proposal with attention.The situation required a proper plan and like a good Shield Guardian, he is happy to contribute.

"I do not vote and I am not programmed for free choice. But I can give you the result of my calculations. There is always a margin of error of course, even in a construct (only Master Gwaereth is perfect).

In order of questions asked
- One: yes. The tower is in range of spells.
- Two: yes. Dandin, who is not an illusionist but an honest merchant, masters the subtle art of helping people fall asleep.
- Tree: yes. My energy rays will give our position to any observers, so I suggest Tommi stays ready in case of spell failure. His skills with slings are unmatched.

Now even with the sentries sleeping, as ORB2 reported, the roof of the bridge is twenty feet down in the moat. We have to come with a solution concerning this matter. How to reach it in less than one minute. I come equipped with grappling thrower and 30 feet of rope (thanks to my Master's superior intelligence)."
As Enseth is speaking, his left shoulder slides, showing the point a grappling hook.

"If by any chance, anyone possessed some rope, it could greatly accelerate the process, as we could get down more people simultaneously. I have to add that, during this specific stage, fall damage may result. Once on the roof, we have to find a way to get into the bridge itself, which should be probably fortified and maybe guarded. I already sent ORB2 to analyze this particular hole in our plan.

One more thing, if someone comes with an idea involving the dismount of my plating, I would like to express my disagreement. And this for a simple reason: I don't do nudity.

That being said, my arcane devices are armed and ready."

OOC: As we think about the best way to go, Enseth sends ORB2 to check this bridge more closely.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
ORB2 quickly scouted the bridge.

ORB2 Report:

Discovery!1.0: Humanoid: human hanging by object: rope from structure: bridge. Movement? None. Status: Deceased (unconfirmed).
Discovery!2.0: Structure: bridge (covered) portal: window in area: center (west wall). Open. Self-directed action: proceeding with entry.

Scanning structure: bridge (interior). Conclusion: unoccupied. Description: Doors (closed) on both sides. Crossway clear (arched). Construction: wooden. Estimate: 80+ years. Condition: fair.

Sounds? Water running beneath. Conclusion: River moat masks interior noises. Self-directed action: return and report

Mission Complete.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Hills north of town
Afternoon
Round 0

Angis stared at Enseth. “Don’t dae nudity? Bloody ‘ell, ye’re a construct! T’ain’t naethin’ t’ see!” The dwarf shook his head in bewilderment and stroked his beard. “An’ I’ve go’ bluidy rope. Wot self-respectin’ adventurer doesnae? Another question. Dae we wan’ t’ wait ‘till nightfall?”

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Horde Breaker:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 31/31 HD: 3/d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 3/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Um, I'm happy to wait for night, but I'm better in the daylight. Let me know if you want a distraction from me, or something else."

Tommi is looking at the Bridge, and wondering how quickly he could cross it if need be. And if he could jump.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin studied the tower and landscape for a minute and then grinned as he had a random thought. "I bet I could sneak over that away and summon a little illusion to get their attention. I bet if we're quick we could all sneak into the bridge while they're staring and trying to figure out what it is.

Remove ads