log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"The one's we just fought at Swan's Nest were probably from the southeastern contingent," Escella says.

(Which direction is Newfield? What route did we take to get to Swan's Nest?)
 

log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 0

“We’ll definitely take a look at the main cap,” Angis said. “Can we remount our crossbow up on that balcony?” he asked. “Or would it be better coverin’ the main gates?”

Angis studied the map. “Where’s the river go?” he asked. “North is the closest encampment. We’d have the manor between us an’ the main encampment t’ shield us. But the openin’ the southern route would be easier t’ get the noncombatants oot an’ doon t’ Daggerford f’r reinforcements. An’ yuir right. We’ve likely killed some o’ ‘em already. West is gonna’ be way more difficult.”

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (597r)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 40/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
"What if we took out one of the smaller camps first? It lets us test their effectiveness, and we're a small enough group that we might be able to come up behind them, and get away, scattering into the woods. If we had surprise and came from a direction they weren't expecting, we might be able to thin out the forces at the main camp."

Tommi paused, thinking. "Or I guess we could just hit the main camp, so they're not prepared? See what damage we can do and run off?" The hobgoblin's blade on his hip seems to pulse at that suggestion: Someone's blood would be spilt.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"How small do you think these camps are? We had trouble with five orcs and few dogs," Escella says. "It isn't a dozen orcs laying siege here. It's hundreds or more."
 


MetaVoid

Explorer
"I wouldn't expect hundreds or they would just storm the manor...but yes, we cannot just charge in."
Escella, you had trouble because you ran into them. And I wasn't with you, you'd be amazed how much one spear can mean. We're going prepared this time. Let's do this properly."
Vairar looks over the map.
"I suggest we go against southern camp which we may have already weakened. Then move immediately against northern one if we're capable so we gain surprise and the main camp even if notified sends the reinforcements to the south. So lets vote:
South
North
Main camp or
West? You have my suggestion."
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I say we hit up that northern camp first, it's the closest one and we'll have an easier place to retreat to. Also... I need some time before we go anywhere, one of those orcs seemed like it wanted to grab it's bosses axe before it ran off. There might be something special about it, and we need all the advantages we can get at the moment."
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
"You suspect the ax is magical?" Escella says.

"I agree about the southern camp. They are weakened and more importantly, only they might know that orcs have been killed recently. If we can stop them from sending that information to the other camps, they other camps won't be on high alert."
 


gargoyleking

Adventurer
Yes, in fact, Dandin specifically snapped it up in addition to grabbing anything else he thought might be valuable. Mainly coin purses and the like. Sorry, missed that it was a sword instead of an axe.

"It very well could be. It'll take me about ten minutes to know if it and/or anything else is magical, but could take more than an hour to figure out how the magic works on any one item."
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
"We should maintain the momentum and hit them again before they know there are new players around. So, we clear the southern camp first. Then, northern. Or we retreat to the manor as needed."
Vairar sumarizes the plan and moves away from the table. "I need time to don armor."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"We should leave directly then, after you don your armor," Escella says. "By your leave," she adds to the lord of the house before heading back for any gear she has left near the bath.
 

The elf lord nodded. "Yes, if we clear the road south, I can have a runner sent to Newfield to retrieve your wagon and crossbow. I should very much like to accompany you."

Talynen grunted, "My Lord, your leadership is needed here."

OOC: I'm gonna let Neurotic pick which of them he'd like to run. (You can try to convince them one way or the other if you have an opinion). Angis suggested the crossbow, but you left it in Newfield. (I'm going to assume that it came up in talking to Darfin.) I'll try to push this forward soon.
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
The priest looks up in alarm.
"My lord! You shouldn't expose yourself so! Imagine the pressure your sister would be under if you are captured and the orc leader is smart enough. Your place is here, leading our defences."
Vairar bows to the lord
"Apologies if I overstep bounds of your hospitality, but Talynen is right. Your ancestral estate should be led by the House head."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Elf lord listens to both elves in peace, but when he speaks there is steel in his voice.

"Given what we've seen of the horde, it is more dangerous that both Shalendra and I are in the same place attacked by the beasts. I hear you both...and I understand your reservation. But I WILL be going with daggerfordians. And you, Vairar will be there to protect me.

In the meantime, good Talynen, you will lead the defense and protect Shalendra."


OOC: @FitzTheRuke, is Shalendra someone that could lead the defense or is she more of a noble pain in the...nether regions? That is, can she be trusted not to just charge the orcs and give stupid orders? If not, Talynen or some other warrior will lead instead of her if it is in the lords power to make it so.


"If I am captured, you will NOT give in to the demands whatever those may be. Including that we do not interferre while they sack human towns. Because at some point we will be on the line, just without support if we let that happen. Our good priest is an example that such captivity can be survived. You will not throw away lives in futile attempts at recovery. Be smart and we will all come through. Dismissed!"
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Tommi hears the instructions and watches Vairar get into his armor. Tommi swaps out some of the pebbles in his pocket for other pebbles. He runs his fingers through his hair trying to get it straight, and he thinks idly of Sherlen, and how she must be doing now. What she would be thinking of him and what he was doing. He wants to get it right.

"Um," he begins, talking to any who would listen. "I think I might be able to help us sneak up on them, get surprise, if we want. I can't do it every time, but if you all trust me and stay close, I am pretty sure we can get the jump on them, and, if we're lucky, get away without a trace."
 

Talynen nodded to his Lord, "As you wish. I will oversee the defences here and look after your sister with my life."

OOC: Shelendra is a wizard and has her own things going on. She has never taken a lead in her family's affairs. She probably won't listen to Talynen, though. He'll do his best.
 

When they were ready to leave, Sir Darfin Floshin had changed into practical adventuring garb, with the hint of a light chain shirt beneath. He carried a longsword in an ornate scabbard, but no shield, preferring to keep his off-hand free to cast spells. Talynen insisted on sending three sun elf guards along to watch over their master, but they appeared to know his independent mind, and they quickly adopted one or another of his allies to watch over instead.

The journey was under a mile away, so it was not long down the road, which ran along a forested ridge. Through spaces in the trees they overlooked the estate gardens.

OOC: How do you plan to get there? A little discussion in the OOC thread is in order.
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top