log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians & Sir Darfin vs Orc Encampment on the Road South
SouthRoad5.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Ogre (V19); Bear (X21); OrcClaw (Y19); Orog1 (AC23); Orog2 (Y17);
OrcSniper (Z6); Orc1-6 (Dead);
(PCs) Angis (AB23); Dandin (o19); Escella (R21); Tommi (N19); Vairar (W23);
(NPCs) Darfin (V23); SEG1 (O20); SEG2 (W22); SEG3 (V22); ORB5 (AA5);
(Notes) Visibility: Outside: (Bright); Camp: (Dim); Terrain: Forest (Difficult); Cliff (30 foot drop);
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 29/40 HD 1/4 PP14* SS 2/3
Dandin AC14 HP 23/23 HD 4/4 PP14 SS 1/4 3/3 BI 2/3
Escella AC14 HP 13/24 HD 3/4 PP 14 SS 3/4 2/2 SP 1/3
Tommi AC14 HP 28/28 HD 2/4 PP14
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 17/31 HD 2/4 PP13* SS 3/4 2/3
(NPCs)
Sir Darfin AC18 HP 44/60 PP 15*
SunElf Guard1 AC16 HP 5/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard2 AC16 HP 8/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard3 AC16 HP 6/16 PP12*
ORB5 AC13(18) HP 10/10 PP14* SS 2/3
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Ogre AC16 HP 37/60
Bear AC12 HP 40/40
OrcClaw AC11 HP 36/45
Orog1 AC16 HP 41/50
Orog2 AC16 HP 50/50
OrcSniper AC13 HP 26/26
Orcs1-6 AC13 HP 0/15 (dead)
GM: End Round Four; Begin Round Five[/b]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Tommi ducks under Dandin's shield, and loads the third and final magic stone into his sling. With a single underarm swing he throws it towards the Ogre looming immediately ahead of him, but it goes wide.

He then ducks, blending into the bushes on the road-side of the large rock.

OOC: Move: to R or S18.
Attack: 1d20+6=8, if a hit, damage = 3d6+4=12 (sneak attack, bludgeoning). MISS.
Bonus: Hide. 1d20+14=26.
Maintain concentration on Pass Without Trace (everyone gets +10 Stealth).
No Magic Stones left.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/South road
Late Afternoon
Round 5

Angis danced clear of the orog’s axe and grinned through his black beard. “Tha’ all ye go’?” Then his axes swung hard, both connecting with the orog’s armor, slicing through and drawing blood.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack with battle axe
Battleaxe: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Hunters Mark: 1D6 = [4] = 4

Bonus Action: Attack with battle axe
Battleaxe: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Orog 1) (595 r)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 29/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 1/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 


gargoyleking

Adventurer
His plan seemed not to have worked as intended. In fact, now the Ogress was up in the fight as well. Seeing one of the Orogs still behind enemy lines, Dandin poked his guard and pointed at it.

"Think you can keep that one busy? I need a better view to see how I can help."

As the elf moved up, Dandin moved out into the middle of the path to get a good look. He was tempted to cast a new spell on the Ogress's claw weapon, but then he noticed an orc seeming to hide behind the bear and instead targeted him.

Move: 25' diagonally towards the Orog (But not into melee)
Action: Casting Produce Flame and throwing it at the orc. (I 'think' that's the priest? If not and the Orog is the more obvious spellcaster he'd target that instead.)
Priduce Flame: 1d20+4 22 1d8 7
Reaction prep: Cutting Words vs the Ogress.
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"This isn't going well."
says Darfin and then calmly casts over the heads of his guards. Slight buzzing can be heard and the shimmering wall of force springs between the guards and two big targets in front of them. The sound runs quickly around as he encloses the enemies in a closed area.

In common he calls out:
"Vairar! Get the Angis' warrior! Guards, retreat to me! Everyone, keep them from climbing over and kill that archer! Archers, you might be able to shoot inside the wall from above!"

The wall consists of 10 contiguous 10'x10' panels shaped like this (each two lines are 10' panel) enclosing ogre, bear, orog and shaman)
1 along the left side of the ogre
2 "under" the ogre
3 on the bears left side
4 "under" the bear
5 up bears right side
6 along the orog
7 along the shaman
8 "above" the shaman
9 "above" the shaman further to the left
10 down connecting to panel #1
_ _ _ _
| |
| |
| |
| _ _ |
| |
| _ _ |

Lord Darfin:
Action: casts wall of force
Move: V26
Reaction: counterspell shamans spell or ogress if she can dispel the wall

Guards:
SEG1: Move R22, grants disadvantage on attacks on Escella
SEG2: Move to W24, ready attack on whatever comes close
SEG3: Move to V23, ready attack on whatever comes close

Sorry @FitzTheRuke big guns are required here :)
 


Prickly Pear

Explorer
Titus was leading the horses slowly forward. When he saw the first sign of the battle that they heard moments before and spied through his familiar, he patted the horse and shushed them. He looked up at Lionel and nodded, then moved forward, ready to defend the horses and wagon. Lionel had readied the mounted crossbow and was taking careful aim the the orog fighting Angis. The bolt struck the orog with a satisfying thud. Angis looked up surprised.

Titus and Lionel had been travelling along the road since the morning. They left Newfield when it became obvious to the people of Newfield that the orcs there had abandoned their camp and moved north. The orcs seemed to have the same route as the Daggerfordians and Titus and Lionel saw a chance to join their friends. Lionel, in particular, had felt bad staying behind — he was no coward. They brought the wagon with the mounted crossbow and old Bessie the mule followed tied behind the wagon. They travelled fast along the road since this morning and managed to avoid any orc patrols along the way. Eventually they heard the sound of battle cries and weapon clanging. They were ready to help their friends.

Move: 75' from Orog1, southeast.
Action: Dodge
Previous applied spell:False Life spell, temporary hit points for Titus (at will): 1D4+4 = [3]+4 = 7


HP 30+7/30
 

As Angis traded solid axe-blows with the oversized orc, Tommi slung a stone wide of the ogress and disappered into the brush on the side of the road. Escella continued her string of bad luck, as she flung accursed energy at the orc archer on the ridge, only to watch her attempts fail time and again. While ORB5 tried to distract the archer, the orc sent another arrow down to strike one of the elf guards.

Dandin, for his part, flung a handful of flame that scorched the orc shaman. The elf guards regrouped while Sir Darfin cast a powerful spell - imprisoning the main group of orcs behind an invisible barrier of force. The ogress pounded on the barrier, testing its limits before hauling an orog over the top. The bear snuffled at the barrier and then sat down, pawing at the collar that held the still-smouldering chain.

The orc shaman took the moment to put out Dandin's flames, chanting as the burns healed. Vairar attempted to work his way around the barrier to help Angis, who was taking the worse of the axe-battle, but the elf soldier found it difficult to navigate the invisible barrier and was late in his lunge.

Then, much to the surprise of all present, the orog who was fighting Angis lurched forward as he was struck from behind by a large quarrel. The War Wagon rolled into view down the road, the horses led by Titus, while Lionel stood manning the mounted crossbow on its roof.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Angis did 9 & 3 (axe) damage to Orog1
Dandin
did 7 (flame) damage to OrcClaw & 5 to Bear/ 5 to OrcClaw
Escella
missed & took cover
Lionel did 18 (xbow) damage to Orog1
Titus
led the horses
Tommi missed & hid (dc26)
Vairar missed
(NPCs)
Darfin cast Wall of Force Ogre
SunElf Guard1
defended
SunElf Guard2 readied
SunElf Guard3 readied
Blaze dodged
ORB5 Helped against OrcSniper (next attack has advantage)
Morwen dashed (flying)
Ogre pounded on the wall, boosted Orog2
Bear failed to escape his collar
OrcClaw healed himself 12 (CW)
Orog1 did 11 & 13 (axe) damage to Angis
Orog2
boosted over the wall
OrcSniper did 4 (bow) damage to SEG3
Orcs1-6
dead
 
Last edited:

GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians & Sir Darfin vs Orc Encampment on the Road South
SouthRoad6.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Ogre (V20); Bear (X21); OrcClaw (W19);
Orog1 (AB24); Orog2 (U19); OrcSniper (Z6); Orcs (Dead)
(PCs) Angis (AB23); Dandin (O19); Escella (R21); Lionel (AQ27);
Tommi (R18); Titus (AL25); Vairar (AA24);
(NPCs) Blaze (AM27); Morwin (AD27); ORB5 (AA5); Horses (AM25); Wagon (AO25);
(Elves) Darfin (V26); SEG1 (R22); SEG2 (W24); SEG3 (V23);
(Notes) Visibility: Outside: (Bright); Camp: (Dim); Terrain: Forest (Difficult); Cliff (30 foot drop);
(Spells) Wall of Force silver line (V17+)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 5/40 HD 1/4 PP14* SS 2/3
Dandin AC14 HP 23/23 HD 4/4 PP14 SS 1/4 3/3 BI 2/3
Escella AC14 HP 13/24 HD 3/4 PP 14 SS 3/4 2/2 SP 1/3
Lionel AC14 HP 35/35 HD 4/4 PP13
Titus AC19* HP 30/30 THP 7/7 HD 4/4 PP11 SS 2/2
Tommi AC14 HP 28/28 HD 2/4 PP14
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 17/31 HD 2/4 PP13* SS 3/4 2/3
(NPCs)
Sir Darfin AC18 HP 44/60 PP 15*
SunElf Guard1 AC16 HP 4/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard2 AC16 HP 16/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard3 AC16 HP 2/16 PP12*
Blaze (Warhorse) AC12 HP 19/19 HD 3/3 PP11
Horses(2) AC10 HP 19/19 HD 3/3 PP10
Morwin (Tressym) AC12 HP 0/5 PP15*
ORB5 AC13(18) HP 10/10 PP14* SS 2/3
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Ogre AC16 HP 37/60
Bear AC12 HP 35/40
OrcClaw AC11 HP 36/45 SS 3/4 2/3 1/2
Orog1 AC16 HP 11/50
Orog2 AC16 HP 50/50
OrcSniper AC13 HP 26/26
Orcs1-6 AC13 HP 0/15 (dead)
GM: End Round Five; Begin Round Six
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Oh, your wounds seem grievous. Take cover here with me," Escella says to the elf guard. "I fear I have had terrible luck trying to take out the sniper across the way. If we kill the leaders on the road, I believe the sniper will flee and tell his brethren of our raid on this position. Ineffective or not, I must try again." She isn't really engaging him in conversation so much as she is trying to psyche herself up. She stands once more and unleashes an bolt of eldritch energy at the sniper. From across the gorge she cannot here if the sniper grunts with the impact but she is somewhat sure she hit him as she drops back down. "I think I actually hit him for the first time."

Eldritch blast: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
1D10 = [3] = 3
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
OOC: @jmucchiello don't forget the advantage against the sniper!
Also reminder!
Dandin @gargoyleking and Angis @KahlessNestor still have bless active


Vairar grits his teeth in frustration. While he did kill one orc with the guards, he missed this hardier opponent. And now this new arrivals steal his kill. But he is a soldier first and having someone kill your target is just something that happens. And besides, this one still stands.

He steps lightly around the branch that foiled his last attack and with his full body behind the spear skewers the orog harassing Angis.
In orcish he calls out
"Orogs! I am the champion of this clan! Fight me, not these puny soft-skins!"
as he (with no small effort) hoists dead body up to be seen.

Then he winks at Angis and pushes the body off the spear.


Move: AB23 to flank
Attack: Spear attack vs Orog; advantage; bless; damage: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D4 = [4] = 4
1D10+2 = [10]+2 = 12

of course I will crit and roll max bless bonus (and even max damage! :) ) when it makes no difference

Reaction: if hit in melee, Wrath of the Storm: 2d8 Ref DC 12 for half
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Moments after his ball of fire flew out, the battlefield changed. Suddenly there was a shimmering wall in his way and the shaman didn't seem particularly bothered by the wound. Not sure what else to do, dandin flicked Siren's call and stepped up to strike at the Orog, the only enemy he could readily face now. The blade skewered the Ork kin momentarily, leaving a bloody hole in it's wake. At least the bear seemed to still be rather bothered by the heat of it's collar and had lef off it's attacks.

"Tommi! Can you get the one on the ridge? I'm cheering for you!"

Dandin had moved out on his turn to be able to attack the shaman. I think T17 or so? Should be about a step to get into melee with the orog.
Siren's Call: 1d20+1d4+5 20 1d8+3 6

@Kobold Stew Got one Bardic Inspiration die for you! 1d6.
Dandin ApplesBane
HP: 21 / 23 HD: 4/4d8
AC: 14
Bardic Inspiration: 0/3 Available (LR)
Spells:
Goodapple 10/10 slices available
1st Level: 2/4 Available
2nd Level: 1/3 Available
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lord Darfin nods at the wall, satisfied for the moment that the worst of the enemy is neutralized. Saving his more powerful spells for greater need, he looks at the orog to his right just moments before Vairar kills it.

Shrugging he turns toward the other one and twin lines of fire streak from his hands...only to splash harmlessly onto his own wall blocking the way to the target.

His guards move cautiously back toward the lord, leaving the bear and others enclosed safely.

Darfin:
Attack: Firebolt vs Orog U19; fire damage: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [5, 5]+6 = 11
2D10 = [1, 7] = 8


Guards: SEG1 remains by Escella
SEG2 and 3 retreat to W25 and V24
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/South road
Late Afternoon
Round 6

Angis grunted as he was hit hard by the orog’s axe, swaying on his feet as blood flowed freely from his wounds. He was saved as Vairar speared the orog and hefted it away. Wiping blood from his face, Angis nodded to the elf cleric.

Angis turned, swaying on his feet, to see the ogress and the bear and an orc locked up in an invisible cage, but it looked like one orc was still a threat, outside the force field on the other side. It would take a trek around to get to him.

“Sniper!” Angis yelled to Lionel, who manned the war crossbow on the wagon. He pointed up to the ride above them. He hated snipers.

Angis started trudging north. When he got to the corner of the invisible barrier, he paused to cast a healing spell on himself, closing some of his wounds.









Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save: Concentration saves
Concentration check: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13
Bless: 1D4 = [1] = 1
Concentration check: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
Bless: 1D4 = [4] = 4

Move: to Z17
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Cure Wounds
Cure Wounds: 1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Orog 1) (594 r)
Conditions: Bless (Vairar)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 12/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Tommi reaches into his pocket and grabs three more stones as Dandin shouts at him. What a good friend, he thinks and instantly feels inspired. But Dandin is optimistic about the efficacy of a sling. "Give me a sec," he says, loading a stone and tossing it into the melee as he stands and begins sprinting across the road to get closer to the cliff.

OOC: Bonus: cast Magic Stone
Attack: Orc Claw (or if not flanked, the Ogre). 1d20+6=21, damage = 3d6+4=17 bludgeoning (sneak attack). 2 stones left.
Move: 30' NE (to U14? U13?).
Maintain concentration on Pass Without Trace (everyone gets +10 Stealth).
Inspiration die from Dandin +1d6.

Sorry for the delay -- first week of term.
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
What a lucky shot, Lionel thought. He is glad to be able to help but at the same time scared. Those orcs looks really vicious.
The next moment, Vairar skewers the orog and Angis is safe... for now. Angis waved to Lionel and pointed up the cliff face. Lionel spotted the sniper and adjusted the mounted crossbow. No worries, Angis, I will try to take the sniper! Lionel shouted back. The angle made it difficult to take aim and Lionel had to lay down so he could see the sniper through the sights.
Cheese and Whey! Lionel swore as the bolt flew over the snipers head. Not even close!
As Lionel reloaded the crossbow, he kept looking at the sniper. Luck or no luck... you will pop up your head eventually...

Move: Lionel is prone
Action: Mounted x-bow attack and damage : 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
2D6+4 = [2, 6]+4 = 12

Bonus Action: Insightful Fighting to decipher sniper's tactics. Wisdom (Insight) check _: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20. Sniper must make a Charisma (Deception) check.
At 3rd level, you gain the ability to decipher an opponent’s tactics and develop a counter to them. As a bonus action, you make a Wisdom (Insight) check against a creature you can see that isn’t incapacitated, contested by the target’s Charisma (Deception) check. If you succeed, you can use your Sneak Attack against that target even if you don't have advantage on the attack roll, but not if you have disadvantage on it.

This benefit lasts for 1 minute or until you successfully use this feature against a different target.
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Titus stayed closed to the horses, still in his defensive stance. He also followed Angis finger and saw the sniper high up on the cliff. Titus asked Morwin, his trusted flying friend, to fly up to the cliff and scout the area. We don't want any surprises, do we?

Morwin quickly flies straight up and towards the top of the cliff to get a good overview of the cliff area.
Move: Stayed.
Action: Dodgehttp://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=241183

HP 30+7/30

Morvin
Move: 60' up and 20' towards cliff.
Action: Dash
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[QUOTE="Kobold Stew, post: 8085862]
OOC: Bonus: cast Magic Stone
Attack: Orc Claw (or if not flanked, the Ogre)
[/QUOTE]
Ooc: you cannot attack the ogre behind the wall unless you're higher up
 

COMING SOON: 5 Plug-In Settlements for your 5E Game

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top