D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dandin inspected the corpse. From his humble-but-finely-made robe, and hands that had seen work, but not labour, the merchant bard concluded that this was most probably Estor, the Priest of Chauntea, Goddess of Harvest. His holy symbol had been taken along with his shoes, ripped from the collar of his robe - a brooch. It would be in the shape of a rose in bloom, if Dandin was correct in his conclusions.

There were doors on either end of the bridge. One was said to lead to tunnels and store-rooms (in case of siege) under the Flint, the other to the dungeon of the old castle, (now the cellars of the Jester's Pride Inn and Tavern).

gargoyleking

Adventurer
(OOC) Fitz's Folly (Full)

"We need to hurry, I think. Those goblins may or may not figure it out when they wake up, and I'd rather be on the way out before they raise the alarm, if we can."

Dandin vaguely remembered the proper sign of worship for Chauntea from one of his trips to an outlying village's temple during his apprenticeship. He offered up a small prayer for the fallen priest's soul and made the sign. It was all he could do for now.

Then he made for the door to the cellars, hoping the others would take his suggestion.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Location: Northern Cellars, Bunkroom Encounter: Goblin Gamblers & Sleeping Goblins

Enseth quietly opened the north door to allow ORB2 through. The little construct detected a threat and immediately entered Stealth Mode. He reported to Enseth that there were over a dozen sleeping goblins in a room stacked with bunk-beds for around forty people. There were four goblins awake: Three were gambling at a table between two pillars in the middle of the room. Another was poking at a cook-pot in a large hearth in the north-west corner. Hallways stretched both west and east into darkness.

Begin Round One (If you like. The goblins are unaware, and will be surprised)

GM:
[sblock=Party (PCs)]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Angis (G18) PP14* AC14 HP 31/31 HD 3/3
Dandin (F18) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
Enseth (Q19) PP14 AC20* HP 22/22 WARD 6/6 HD 3/3
Morwin (?) PP15* AC12 HP 5/5
ORB2 (I11) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1
Titus (F16) PP11 AC18* HP 27/27 HD 3/3
Tommi (F19) PP14 AC14 HP 21/21 HD 3/3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Allies (NPCs)]
Averiel (F15) PP15* AC14 HP 27/27
Ganalan (H17) PP11* AC14 HP 13/13
Tarthagal (G16) PP15* AC13 HP 18/22
Estor (F17) Dead
[/sblock]
[Sblock=Enemies (BGs)]
GoblinBoss1 (I6)
GoblinGambler1 (K7)
GoblinGambler2 (J8)
GoblinFirepoker (F4)
GoblinBoss2 (C11) Alseep
Goblin1 (H3) Asleep
Goblin2 (K3) Asleep
Goblin3 (M4) Asleep
Goblin4 (N3) Asleep
Goblin5 (Q4) Asleep
Goblin6 (Y3) Asleep
Goblin7 (C9) Asleep
Goblin8 (L10) Asleep
Goblin9 (N11) Asleep
Goblin10 (O10) Asleep
Goblin11 (Q9) Asleep
Goblin12 (Y9) Alseep
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map] Bunk0.png
[/sblock]

Fradak

Explorer
Enseth cut the telepathic bond with ORB2 and stopped Dandin before he pushed the door.

"There is an immediate danger behind this door. A dozen goblins. 4 are awake, the others are sleeping. If we want to take advantage of this situation, we should find a way to take down the 4 sentries without alerting the others. You sleep spell could help us again but it will not be sufficient this time, I think.

We should prepare some swift and silent actions."

tglassy

Adventurer
“I...have a problem with silent,” Titus said. This was becoming a serious burden on them. He would have to work on this. Maybe something in his newfound magic...he would think on that. “But if someone casts Sleep, I can rush in and try to take out those it doesn’t affect.”

Remove ads