log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Dandin called to Tommi, but his friend was already loading a stone. Tommi whipped the stone, straight and true for the orc shaman, but it pinged off of Sir Darfin's invisible barrier. Tommi was embarrassed, and he pushed off into the bushes to work his way toward the sniper, as the halfling had instructed.

Dandin stabbed the rather larger orog in the leg, but the big brute just grunted and raised an axe. As the axe fell on him, Dandin tried to parry, but the blows where far stronger than he imagined, and he was driven nearly to the ground.

Escella had finally managed to strike the sniper with her strange eldritch energy. She wondered why it had failed her so much here - it felt as if it were weakened, as if the power within her was weakened by some external will. She shivered, as if she were cold, while the elf guard arched an eyebrow at her.

Vairar ran his spear through an orog, freeing Angis to heal himself and to work his way toward the other Orog. Blocked by the invisible wall, the dwarf healed himself. Vairar shouted in gutteral, fully-fluent orcish, and the Ogress, as she climbed over the invisible wall (landing with a loud thump) answered him:

"Naw, yer a traitor. We gonna gut this elf-prince like a fish, 'fore we come for you, elf-lover."

Then she rushed at Sir Darfin, clawing with her strapped-on wrist claws. Two guards stood between her and the elf-lord, but still she managed to scratch him from over their heads.

While TItus held the horses so the wagon would not lurch (they were skittish from the smell of the bear), Lionel fired the mounted crossbow over the head of the orc sniper on the ridge. He watched for a moment, and he noticed how the archer would lean out as he fired his bow. Lower next time! he thought as he reloaded the crossbow.

ORB5 buzzed around the sniper's head and suddenly let out a flash of electricity. As the orc recovered from the zap (his greasy mane fluffed out), the little construct buzzed away. The orc took aim at the fleeing thing, firing an arrow that bounced off of a magical force-shield. Cussing, the orc turned his sights back below and spotted Tommi shuffling through the underbrush below him. He took careful aim and struck the boy hard in the shoulder.

While the battle raged, the bear was left on its own. It struggled free of its collar and began to paw at the walls of the force-cage. The orc shaman was there as well, and for the moment, the two ignored each other as the shaman cast a woeful bane spell that caused a great sense of unease to fall over the field, most notably effecting Angis, Dandin, Sir Darfin, and his two guards.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Angis healed himself 7
Dandin did 6 (sword) damage to Orog2 & ? to Bear/ ? to OrcClaw
Escella
did 3 (EB) damage to Sniper
Lionel
missed Sniper
Titus
held the horses & dodged
Tommi hit the wall
Vairar did 21 (spear) damage to Orog1 (dead)
(NPCs)
Darfin missed
SunElf Guard1 dodged
SunElf Guard2 dodged
SunElf Guard3 dodged
Blaze dodged
ORB5 did 8 lightning (shocking grasp) vs OrcSniper & cast shield
Morwen dashed (flying)
Ogre did 8 (claw) damage to Darfin
Bear
escaped his collar
OrcClaw cast bane vs Angis, Dandin, Darfin, SEG2&3 (see below)
Orog1 died
Orog2 did 10 & 8 (axe) damage to Dandin
OrcSniper
did 14 (bow) damage to Tommi & missed ORB5
Orcs1-6 dead
OOC: OrcClaw's Bane: Up to 3 creatures of your choice that you can see within 30 feet must make Charisma saving throws. Whenever a target that fails this saving throw makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target must roll a d4 and subtract the number rolled from the attack roll or saving throw. Higher Levels. You can target 1 additional creature for each slot level above 1st. (OrcClaw cast as level 3 for 5 targets. Spell save dc is 12.)
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians & Sir Darfin vs Orc Encampment on the Road South
SouthRoad7.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Ogre (V23); Bear (X21); OrcClaw (V20);
Orog1 (dead); Orog2 (U19); OrcSniper (Z6); Orcs (dead)
(PCs) Angis (Z173); Dandin (T18); Escella (R21); Lionel (AQ27);
Tommi (T13); Titus (AL25); Vairar (AA24);
(NPCs) Blaze (AM27); Morwin (AD21); ORB5 (AB12); Horses (AM25); Wagon (AO25);
(Elves) Darfin (V26); SEG1 (R22); SEG2 (W25); SEG3 (V25);
(Notes) Visibility: Outside: (Bright); Camp: (Dim); Terrain: Forest (Difficult); Cliff (30 foot drop);
(Spells) Wall of Force silver line (V17+)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14(15) HP 12/40 HD 1/4 PP14* SS 0/3
Dandin AC14 HP 3/23 HD 4/4 PP14 SS 2/4 1/3 BI 0/3
Escella AC14 HP 13/24 HD 3/4 PP 14 SS 3/4 2/2 SP 1/3
Lionel AC14 HP 35/35 HD 4/4 PP13
Titus AC19* HP 30/30 THP 7/7 HD 4/4 PP11 SS 2/2
Tommi AC14 HP 14/28 HD 2/4 PP14
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 17/31 HD 2/4 PP13* SS 3/4 2/3
(NPCs)
Sir Darfin AC18 HP 36/60 PP 15*
SunElf Guard1 AC16 HP 5/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard2 AC16 HP 8/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard3 AC16 HP 2/16 PP12*
Blaze (Warhorse) AC12 HP 19/19 HD 3/3 PP11
Horses(2) AC10 HP 19/19 HD 3/3 PP10
Morwin (Tressym) AC12 HP 5/5 PP15*
ORB5 AC13(18) HP 10/10 PP14* SS 0/3
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Ogre AC16 HP 37/60
Bear AC12 HP 35/40
OrcClaw AC11 HP 36/45 SS 3/4 2/3 0/2
Orog1 AC16 HP 0/50 (dead)
Orog2 AC16 HP 44/50
OrcSniper AC13 HP 23/26
Orcs1-6 AC13 HP 0/15 (dead)
GM: End Round Six; Begin Round Seven
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
The arrow goes right through Tommi's shoulder but he is determined and not phased in the least. The pain, and the perfect, round scar, would come later.

He continues to rush to the cliffside, through the heavy undergrowth. When he feels he is within range, he launches a stone at the archer above him, but the shot goes wide, clacking uselessly against the rocks.

The young man remains light on his feet, avoiding any incoming missiles or rocks.

OOC: Concentration check on being hit: 1d20+1=21 vs. DC 10. Ha ha ha, I roll a 20.

Move: 15' NE (to W11)
Attack sniper: 1d20+6=8. Ugh. Save the insp. die. (without Orb5 there, the damage would be less in any case).
Bonus: Dodge.

Maintain concentration on Pass Without Trace (everyone gets +10 Stealth).
Inspiration die from Dandin +1d6. (use within 9 minutes, 48 sec)
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin was suddenly reminded of a conversation he's had early on about not putting himself into a dangerous position. But now it was too late. The Orog had him isolated and in just two strikes had sent him reeling. And he could feel some new dark magic taking hold. Not knowing any better strategy for this situation, the halfling simply did what came naturally. He flicked his wrist and brought his shawm up to his lips, sounding off one last spell in hopes of removing an enemy from the equation before he himself fell. The sniper on the hill dropped like a rock.

"Don't worry about the sniper! He'll be asleep for a minute! But I could use some help here!"



Charisma Save: 1d20+5 12
Sleep Spell (2nd level): 7d8 34
Readying his reaction to use his last inspiration on cutting words against the Orog in the vain hope of not being splatted.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Escella stands and realizes the sniper is down. She sees Dandin is in trouble and casts a chaos bolt at the Orog in front of him. Fire bursts across the Orog's body and he grabs his head from the blistering pain.

Chaos Bolt at Orog2 (2nd level): 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
2D8+2D6 = [3, 1]+[2, 3] = 9
CRIT!!! But first, Escella spends her last sorcery point to reroll 2d8 (3, 1) and 1d6 (2) and must use the new results (Empowered Spell).
sorcery point reroll: 2D8 = [3, 7] = 10
1D6 = [5] = 5

So that's 3+7+5+3 damage for the attack. plus 4+3+4+4 damage for the crit against the Orog: 33 hp of fire and psychic damage.
For the crit: 2D8+2D6 = [4, 3]+[4, 4] = 15
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
OrcClaw's Bane: Up to 3 creatures of your choice that you can see within 30 feet must make Charisma saving throws. Whenever a target that fails this saving throw makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target must roll a d4 and subtract the number rolled from the attack roll or saving throw. Higher Levels. You can target 1 additional creature for each slot level above 1st. (OrcClaw cast as level 3 for 5 targets. Spell save dc is 12.)
OOC: Note that Dandin and Angis have bless from Vairar and resist (save) with +1d4 to the roll.
Also, lets hope no one speaks Orc :(



Vairar rushes the ogress, stabbing toward her with the spear crackling with lightning.
"Fall back!" he calls out to the guards and the elven lord. "I'll take care of her!"

With that he charges in, stabbing the spear deep into her flank and raising the bloody tip up toward her face.
"You could MAYBE have me! You'll never have the opportunity to kill others. Look around you! Run while you can BEAST!"


Move: X25
Action:
Attack vs Ogress with booming spear; damage; thunder damage on move: 1D20+4+1D4 = [17]+4+[1] = 22
1D10+2 = [9]+2 = 11
1D8 = [8] = 8

RAWR! :)

Reaction: Wrath of the storm: if the ogre hits Vairar in melee, she takes 16 (Destructive wrath max of 2d8) or 8 on Dex save DC 13
OR: if she moves away she takes 8 thunder damage from Booming spear
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Bless bonus (for save): 1d4 4 (That makes it a 16 now. Guess I had saved with the twelve anyways though. That Orc's DC's are weak!

Dandin doesn't speak orcish, he does have a tendency to ritual cast comprehend languages when he can, but I don't know if he had the chance to before setting out this time.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/South road
Late Afternoon
Round 7

Angis felt the ogress’s magic settle on him, but he rallied, shrugging it off and glowering at her through the invisible force field. He continued his mad rush around the forcefield, charging right up to the orc assaulting Dandin just as it got friend by Escella.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400
Bolts used: 3

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save: Save vs. Bane
Charisma save: 1D20-1 = [15]-1 = 14
Bless: 1D4 = [1] = 1
Move: Should be able to double move to T18 beside Dandin and engaged with the orc.
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Move
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Orog 1) (593 r)
Conditions: Bless (Vairar)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 12/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.


Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorceror
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Darfin echoes the order of the mercenary.
"Fallback, toward the carriage. Luviel, stay with the girl! Vairar, good luck!"

The guards quickly comply, hunkering behind their shields and pulling away as the lord takes them further from the ogre.

Guard 1 remains next to Escella

Guards 2 and 3: Disengage
Darfin: move to AB26 (or as far as possible if there is difficult terrain)
Reaction: shield if ogre takes opportunity attack
Guards move: to AA24 and AA 26 respectively

Action:
Firebolt vs Ogre; fire damage: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
2D10 = [4, 2] = 6
this lord cannot hit a broad side of a barn with this spell
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
As eager as Titus was to join the fight, he decided to stay with the horses. No good would come if they lost them to an aggressive ogre running amok. He readjusted his position to be between the line of ogre and horses.

Meanwhile, Lionel had lost sight of the sniper. Suddenly the sniper had ducked down in the undergrowth and did not put up his head again. Lionel couldn't understand why.What he did see, though, was a huge ogre climbing over the shimmering barrier and attack some guards. The guards were retreating but the ogre would surely catch up with them. Lionel adjusted the crossbow and took aim at the ogre. He spent a moment watching the ogre before firing the bolt.

Titus
Action: Dodge

Lionel
Bonus Action: Insightful Fighting, Wisdom (Insight) check: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16 vs Ogre's Charisma (Deception).
Action: Mounted x-bow attack and damage: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
2D6+4 = [6, 2]+4 = 12
. I wonder if this hits... does the ogre have any cover?
Sneak attack: 2D6 = [5, 5] = 10, which should be applicable unless ogre makes a good charisma roll!
 

Tommi slung a stone at the orc sniper, but the lad was in a lot of pain from his arrow-wound and the stone went wide. To help his friend, Dandin sent a magical lullaby that caused the archer to fall asleep, nearly slumping off of the cliff. Tommi slumped against a bush to catch his breath.

Through the hole in the rocks, Escella had a perfect view of the orog as it threatened Dandin. She struck it hard with a burst of chaos magic, and it cussed, shaking its head. Still, it raised its axe, about to bring it down on the halfling, when Dandin suggested, "Look behind you!"

The orog turned as Angis rushed foward, ready to give it a go. The axe dropped, but the dwarf was better able to stand against it.

Sir Darfin and his guards shuffled away to give Vairar room as the elf warrior-cleric pierced the ogre's side with his spear. A large quarrel zoomed between them from the wagon, narrowly missing both as the cleric and the ogress squared off. She scratched him with her wrist-claws and the cleric burst into a mess of lightning that burned the brute. She cursed at him while wiping her brow and said,

"I see whatcher are, now: A slave. A no-good slave who shud knowiz place."

In the force-cage, the bear and the claw-shaman were alone. The shaman attempted to get the bear to climb over the invisible wall, but was hasty in his actions. The bear swatted and bit at him, still annoyed at being burnt and free of the collar. The shaman was forced to retreat and to heal himself as the bear grunted obstinately.

The horses could smell the bear, and they shied, snorting. Titus wanted to get into the fight, but it was important that he held the horses to keep the wagon safe and steady while Lionel reloaded the mounted crossbow.

In the sky overhead, Morwen the winged cat and ORB5 the little round construct flew around each other in greeting before flying off in different directions.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Angis dashed
Dandin cast sleep (34) on Sniper (Sleeping)
Escella did 33 (chaos) damage to Orog2
Lionel
missed Ogre
Titus
held the horses & dodged
Tommi missed & dodged
Vairar did 11 (spear) & 16 (lightning) damage to Ogre
(NPCs)
Darfin missed again
SunElf Guard1 dodged
SunElf Guard2 disengaged
SunElf Guard3 disengaged
Blaze dodged
ORB5 dashed (flying)
Morwen dashed (flying)
Ogre did 8 (claw) damage to [bVairar
Bear[/b] did 8 (bite) & 13 (claw) to OrcClaw
OrcClaw
healed (CLW, lvl2) himself 11
Orog1 died
Orog2 did 7 (axe) to Dandin cutting words & 8 (axe) to Angis
OrcSniper
slept
Orcs1-6 dead
 

GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians & Sir Darfin vs Orc Encampment on the Road South
SouthRoad8.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Ogre (V24); Bear (X19); OrcClaw (W19);
Orog1 (dead); Orog2 (U19); OrcSniper (Z6, sleep); Orcs (Dead)
(PCs) Angis (U18); Dandin (T18); Escella (R21); Lionel (AQ27);
Tommi (W11); Titus (AL25); Vairar (X25);
(NPCs) Blaze (AM27); Morwin (AD14); ORB5 (AG18); Horses (AM25); Wagon (AO25);
(Elves) Darfin (AA25); SEG1 (R22); SEG2 (AA24); SEG3 (AA26);
(Notes) Visibility: Outside: (Bright); Camp: (Dim); Terrain: Forest (Difficult); Cliff (30 foot drop);
(Spells) Wall of Force silver line (V17+)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14(15) HP 4/40 HD 1/4 PP14* SS 0/3
Dandin AC14 HP 3/23 HD 4/4 PP14 SS 1/4 1/3 BI 0/3
Escella AC14 HP 13/24 HD 3/4 PP 14 SS 2/4 2/2 SP 0/3
Lionel AC14 HP 35/35 HD 4/4 PP13
Titus AC19* HP 30/30 THP 7/7 HD 4/4 PP11 SS 2/2
Tommi AC14 HP 14/28 HD 2/4 PP14
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 9/31 HD 2/4 PP13* SS 3/4 2/3
(NPCs)
Sir Darfin AC18 HP 36/60 PP 15*
SunElf Guard1 AC16 HP 5/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard2 AC16 HP 8/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard3 AC16 HP 2/16 PP12*
Blaze (Warhorse) AC12 HP 19/19 HD 3/3 PP11
Horses(2) AC10 HP 19/19 HD 3/3 PP10
Morwin (Tressym) AC12 HP 5/5 PP15*
ORB5 AC13(18) HP 10/10 PP14* SS 0/3
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Ogre AC16 HP 10/60
Bear AC12 HP 35/40
OrcClaw AC11 HP 26/45 SS 3/4 1/3 0/2
Orog1 AC16 HP 0/50 (dead)
Orog2 AC16 HP 11/50
OrcSniper AC13 HP 23/26 (sleep)
Orcs1-6 AC13 HP 0/15 (dead)
GM: End Round Seven; Begin Round Eight
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Tommi is frurstrated that he has been unable to help as much as he has wanted. But he is going to get that sniper, even if he doesn't know the sniper is currently asleep.

He scrambles over the rocks and makes his way to the top of the cliff.

OOC: Climb to the sniper. Move+Bonus = 60' move = 30' climb. If it's non-controversial, he makes it to the top.
Action: slit the sleeping sniper's throat.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
He saw the axe coming down, Angis was coming and he pointed in a desperate attempt to distract the Orog. And it worked? The swing missed him by a hair. He couldn't believe it. Then it turned away to srike at Angis. Dandin flicked his wrist, bringing Suren's call back to it's weapon form and he trued to thrust. Unfortunately, he was in too much pain, and it foiled his attack.

"Okay, come on Dandin, there's still a lot to do here. Don't let it get to you..."

Feeling slightly better, he raised his sword once more, but he couldn't think of any more witty comments.

Siren's Song: 1d20+5 7 1d8+5 7 (added 2 more damage than I should, not that it matters.)

Casting Healing Word on himself.
Healing Word: 1d4+3 7 HP 10 now.
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
OOC: everything is in orcish


Vairar takes the hit and sneers.
"I survived orc slavery. I was tortured, burned, maimed. But I live to see all of your kind burnt to ashes! Witness the glory of the Lady of the Winds!"
Vairar heals himself with a word.
"I can take more hits. How many can you take before you fall, mistress?! And how many times can you afford to hit me? I am an elf and proud of it. You think just because we like good living that we're soft. Well, WE ARE NOT!"
He trusts at the ogre again, but this time, in his anger, he broadcasts his intention and target too clearly and she sidesteps easily.
He grins.
"Well played, you won't get me riled up again."
"As long as yon wall is here, you're alone. And nothing you can do will bring it down since that elven lord is out of your reach. You move, I kill you. You attack, my goddess kills you. You can surrender now and live."

Sneer again.
"Slave, eh?!"

 

COMING SOON: 5 Plug-In Settlements for your 5E Game

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top