• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Dispensables)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
While Bob is shaking some life into the Captain, Sesto holds up a tabard for closer inspection. The size seems right.
"Hmmm, it smells better than a troglodyte would smell, for sure. Maybe we could pull off the stunt and get through the main gate."
Sesto thinks for a moment and says: "I'm not good at lying… someone else will have to do the talking."
"If we are going to look like we were ambushed then I could be a captive. And we can have some of 'our dead people' in the back of the wagon. That would look authentic."

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
Terrus shakes his head, "No, you don't want to be a captive. Captives can be killed for little to no reason. We can be guards. The other man seemed to not know anything about where he was going, only that he was hired to deliver a wagon. We take their place. This way, we don't have to know anything other than we were hired for this job."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Yeah, keep it simple and as close to the truth as possible." says Corrah, "Especially if you're not very good at lying. Now let's see if this guy will talk!"

GM: [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION], can I get Bob to make an Intimidate check?

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Bobranthus was more than a little rough in his manhandling of the 'prisoners.' More than one new bruise is visible, and some fingers seem to be turning a bit purple from lack of blood flow. All the while he sings an old battle song meant to terrify the two conscious captives.

Once done with that he moves to the Orcish corpse and takes his time going over the body, checking for valuables and knocking out the largest 'tusk' to keepsake. He then stands, hedging the massive axe and gives it a few experimental swings with a satisfied smile. Upon request to wake the captain he nods and points at a spot near a tree. "Aye, if you wish. Put the others there. Though if they are of no use to us I say we put them to the axe. I would gladly do the deed. My gods have no patience for cowards."

While the others are moving the guards he grabs the captain and pulls him up by his armor and shoves him up against the tree where his 'minions' are in easy view. And then he pulls backnone hand and backhands the man. "Wakey wakey!" The first thing the man sees is Bob's face still spattered in the blood of battle.

OOC: Intimidate for the guards. I want them terrified before the. captain wakes up.
Intimidate: : 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15

And for the. Captain when he wakes.
Intimidate: : 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19

(Also, just to get the healing done for the inevitable short rest.)

Second Wind: 1D10+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Hit Dice use: (1d12) : 1D12 = [8] = 8

HP after short rest: 34

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The "Captain" spits blood and looks at Bob defiantly "If yer gonna kill me, do it already! But I don't think you will - not with these two." (He indicates with his chin the undisguised Light Cleric, Sesto, and Devan (who looks a bit like a Paladin, truth be told.)

By the tree, the "Thug" looks sullen, as if he has accepted his fate. The self-proclaimed ditch-digger "guard" wets himself and squeals "Just tell them what they want to know! You dragged me out here! I could be at the Copper Frothy now!"

His eyes are wide and panic is evident in his voice.

GM: Anybody involved can give me an insight check, if they like.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto looks uncomfortable as he tries to get an insight into the situation.
Insight check into Captains bluff: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
"You are right that we will not kill you as long as I am here", Sesto replies, "but I think I will just go for a little walk and pray that you will see the light and respond to my friends questions in a pleasant manner." Sesto looks towards the river and sadly says: "When I return and you are no longer here then I will just assume that you went for a swim or something."
Sesto starts to walk away for a nice peaceful prayer.
Intimidation/Deception check: 1D20-1 = [6]-1 = 5

OOC: There is a reason I'm not good a lying!

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Bobranthus lets out a booming laugh at the mans words. He seems more amused than anything, but at ths same time draws his Warhammer and primes it for a strike.

"Haha! You are braver than your men at least! Sovra would gladly accept you in his hall. But what makes you think that they could stop me? I do not follow their god."

Squirrels are evil!

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto turns back, looking relieved.
“I am pleased that you agree to talk to us.”
Sesto gently pushes Bob out of the way and leans forward: “Well, for starters, I’m Sesto and you are…?”

“Can you answer me this... The watchtower… do you have a special greeting… a password?”
“When are you expected back at the temple? How many are on guard duty at the gate?”
Describe the inside of the temple. Where would do you go with the supply wagon?”
Sesto looks at the Captain and says: “You can start answering me those questions. There are more to follow, I am sure.”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I am Rowloe, sellsword from Baldur's Gate," he says, "I work for a mercenary company from the south, run by a man named Bardaby."

He looks around at your group, begins to ask a question, thinks better of it, and continues, "We wave the flag before the bridge and yell 'Feed the Beast!'. They'll know it's us. They'll expect us before nightfall."

He looks uncomfortable at the idea of answering any more, and he glances around as if someone might be listening.

"If I tell ya more, what are you gonna do with us?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads