D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Ensemble)

River Song

Explorer
Kurzon staggers out of the water, he wasn't close enough to the action just yet.

"By Tyr's grace I will end you!" he yells at the hydra using the words to mark his foe. Tyr granted the blessing and Kurzon saw faint illuminations on the creature showing its weak points. He then moves over to stand over the dead prisoner.

[sblock=actions]

Bonus Action: Hunters Mark
Action: Move to T16

Reaction: Use Sentinel to attack Hydra if it attacks anyone :)

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Acrobatics if still needed* AND if at disadvantage because of light**

OOC: Just so everyone's clear:

*I keep forgetting to mention, here's how it works: If you treat it as Difficult Terrain (limit your moves to half) there's no check, otherwise Acrobatics or Athletics dc12 when you finish a move or you fall prone. (This is unrelated to the Dexterity Save caused by the Hydra's Lair Action.)

**There's Dim Light (right now) everywhere on the map except around the corner from the hydra or underwater. (So no disadvantage). I am assuming that those swimming will come to the surface to attack, so no disadvantage for them either.

Fradak

Explorer
(IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Intro Ensemble)

"Be strong my friend, I can't help you for now."
Eko hides in his hole and tries to avoid the tongue as much as possible.

Starting his bladesong, Lorenn turns the corner and, trying to remember the words of the old sage in all this chaos, ready himself to cast firebolt on a dead head to prevent his growth.

OOC:
movement: S13
Bonus: bladesong
Action: ready (if beheaded - firebolt) miss with a 9
Eko: dodge and pray.
Speed: 40ft
AC: 17

Last edited:

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Stupid monster! Not only did he surprise me, he also made me slip back into the water. Stupid monster!!!
Anger grows in SnorLoska but he still holds on to his shield as he slides down into the water from the swell of the hydra. Back up on the dry ground, if you can call it that, SnorLoska dons his shield and draws his longsword. Time for monster killing, he grunts as he faces the hydra.

OOC: Move to U18.
Action: put on shield, bringing AC to 17.
Still raging after taking damage.
HP: 29/45 (damage taken is 13+3=16, not 13+7=20)

The hydra has advantage on attack rolls. Is it because we are on a slippery surface?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: Sorry, last night was game night

Sputtering, Udit yelled out: "It seems to be taking out the light sources! Get light spells ready!"

With that, he carefully got up, shifted his position, drew an arrow, aimed, and let it fly

Move: Get up from prone and go to S13. (if I have to use a bonus action to get more move via rogue activity so I can do this at a careful pace, I will do so)

Action: fire at Hydra. (OOC: it's unclear to me if I have cover penalties or not so I will not include any)

first bow shot vs Hydra: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6

OOC: weeeellll, no need to roll damage...

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Encounter: Hydra

Round Two

Drako shuffles around the point and fires an eldritch blast at the hydra, knocking one of it's heads back. Aquaria swims forward, laying into the Hydra with a psychic assault. Udit fires his bow, but the head he's shooting at ducks down to bite Kurzon. Kurzon is bit, but he lays into the Hydra, attacking and defending with ferocity. Terrus chops at the Hydra with his greatsword, while ducking under the Hydra's attempt to chomp him.
The surviving Prisoner clambers out of the water onto the muddy shore.

Auria slices at the Hydra with her psychic blades, injuring it bad enough that it begins to grow another head. Lorenn fires a firebolt at the growing lump. The hydra is too wet for the fire to burn, and the head grows.

Mord attempts to control the Hydra's mind, but the complications of a multi-minded creature twarted his effort. Torbin grabs the sputtering lantern and brightens up the area while avoiding the Hydra SnorLoska climbs out of the water again and straps on his shield just in time to block two heads from trying to eat him.
From the sloshing water, the mud on the shore thickens into a sucking soup, catching at people's legs and threatening to become as bad as quicksand.

Eko the bat continues to wiggle his way deeper into the crack, while the stirge digs away at it.

GM: Kurzon needed to be within 5' of the Hydra for Sentinel to work, so I moved him up. (He gets to make an Opportunity Attack).
Similarly, Udit would have been in the same place as Drako, so he moved forward. The Mud requires a dc12 Strength Save (see Lair Notes)
[sblock=Notes]
Drako (to S13) Eldritch Blast 18 vs Hydra (Hit for ?? Damage)
Lorenn (to S14) Readied Firebolt 9 (Miss)
Aquaria (to X12) Mind Thrust dc10 vs Hydra (failed, so 7 damage)
Udit (to S15) Bow 6 vs Hydra (Miss)
Kurzon (to U16) Can make an Opportunity Attack with Sentinel
Terrus (U14) Greatsword 22 vs Hydra (Hit for 10)
Prisoner1 (to T14) Dodge
Prisoner2 Dead.
Auria (T15) Psi Blades 18 vs Hydra (Hit for 10); Teleport to V13
Mord (O14) Crown of Madness dc13
Torbin (T17) Grab the Lantern, Dodge
SnorLoska (to U18) Strap on Shield
Lair Mud thickens in S14 to U18. Everyone but the Genasis and Mord must make a dc12 Strength Save or be grappled.
Hydra (V15-X17) Bite 12 vs Terrus (Miss), Bite 20 vs Auria (Hit Miss), Bite 26 & 11 vs Kurzon (Hit for 10 & Miss), Bite 12 & 10 vs SnorLoska (Miss)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
Torbin's Turn

vs Drako
Hydra Wisdom Save: 2D20.HIGH(1) = [20, 18] = 20
(Hydra gets advantage vs Charm, made it)
vs Lorenn
vs Aquaria
Hydra Int Save: 1D20-4 = [10]-4 = 6
(failed)
vs Udit
vs Kurzon
Hydra (2 Heads): 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26
1D10+5 = [5]+5 = 10
1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
1D10+5 = [1]+5 = 6
(Hit & Miss)
vs Terrus
Hydra: 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9
1D10+5 = [8]+5 = 13
(Miss)
vs Auria
Hydra: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20
1D10+5 = [4]+5 = 9
(Hit, but she teleports to V13)
vs Mord
vs Torbin
vs Snorloska
Hydra (2 Heads): 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13
1D10+5 = [7]+5 = 12
1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10
1D10+5 = [8]+5 = 13
(Miss & Miss)
vs Eko
Stirge Tongue: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [7, 20]+5 = 12
1D4+3 = [4]+3 = 7
(Miss; Eko has +5 to AC cover in the crack)

[/sblock]
Damage Taken
PCs (River Gang) Aquaria 0, Auria 0, Drako 0, Kurzon 10, Udit 0
PCs (Infiltrators) Lorenn 0, Mord 0, SnorLoska 16, Terrus 12, Torbin 0
BG Hydra 8+7+10+10+??=35+??
Others Prisoner1 0, Prisoner 2 Dead, Stirge 0, Eko 0

Hydra2.png

River Song

Explorer
As the creature attacks Kuzon slices with his blade.

[sblock=actions]

[roll0]
[roll=damage'1d8+3[/roll]
[roll1]

if hit, it's speed drops to 0.

[/sblock]

Remove ads