log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Ensemble)


log in or register to remove this ad



Location: Pit of Teeth & Lower Lake

Encounter: Cult Assault Squad

Round Zero

As everyone gets into positions, Guldred swims up the river, barely visible to even those with vision that can see in the dark. He swims out into the lower lake and returns, sliding up out of the water and waving his hands. It is clear that he is warning of some danger lurking below the surface of the water.

From the high ledge near the cavern containing the Pillar of the Sun, cultists can be seen carrying some sort of barrels.

GM: Here's everyone's positions. People with * have gone. Let's give the rest a chance to post their initial reactions and then we'll start. (If you haven't gone, refer to the previous map for where you are.) For those that missed it, I'm going to try an experiment. No Initiative. I will go in order of posting, responding with monsters as it seems appropriate.

[sblock=PCs]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
*Auraia (L12) AC17(19) HP51/51
*Aquaria (M13) AC17* HP51/51
Drako (K4) AC13(16) HP45/45
Kurzon (F10) AC20* HP52/52
*Lorenn (O13) AC16(18) HP42/42
Mord (O14) AC14 HP39/39
*Pyrus (C8) AC13 HP51/51
Sesto (L5) AC18* HP45/45
*Terrus (C7) AC16(17) HP57/57
*Torbin (I9) AC15 HP45/45
SnorLoska (L6) AC17* HP65/65
*Udit (M14) AC15 HP45/45
*Zander (L13) AC19* HP54/54
[/sblock]
[sblock=NPCs]
Dunmire (B10) AC13 HP30/30
*Guldred (P17) AC13 HP20/20
*Rhussuk (P15) AC15 HP24/24
*Shosha (M15) AC15 HP22/22
Zalena (C11) AC12 HP35/35
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skeletons]
Submerged. Can't be seen.
Bobskeleton (R18)
Skeleton1 (Q19)
Skeleton2 (S17)
Skeleton3 (T16)
Skeleton4 (R20)
Skeleton5 (S19)
Skeleton6 (T18)
Skeleton7 (U17)
Skeleton8 (T20)
Skeleton9 (U19)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Cultists]
Adept1 (Q25)
Adept2 (R30)
Cultist1 (Q24)
Cultist2 (R27)
Cultist3 (R28)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mercs]
Archer (AE26)
Guard1 (AC24)
Guard2 (AD25)
Guard3 (AF26)
[/sblock]



Teeth0A.png
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Would Zander know anything about barrel weapons, the Mercs might have had? If so feel free to have him yell it out.


Standing nervously in the shadows Zander hopes to prove himself to everyone. He watches the mercs coming up from the south with interest.

perception(+0),[roll0]
initiative (+2),[roll1]
 


gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord didn't like the look of this. They were on the wrong side of a bottleneck with plenty of enemies to deal with. He decided to even the odds. "Back up and make them come in to get us!"

Raising his wand he cast his otherworldly darkness over the cultists on the ledge. The area becomes a zone of his dark patron's home plane. With a dark smile upon his face, Mord slipped back into the cave savoring the cries of surprise, bewilderment and horror.

[Sblock] Will move up if needed to target the right square, but Mord really wants to slip into the back afterwards.

Action: Cast Hunger of Hadar trying to hit as many as possible but will err closer to our location rather than farther from.
Zone of cold and darkness becomes rough terrain.
Creatures starting turn in zone take Cold dmg: 2D6 = [5, 2] = 7

Creatures ending turn in zone take Acid damage:: 2D6 = [5, 2] = 7
[/sblock]

Squirrels are evil!
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
As the warning of incoming enemies reaches him, Sesto comes up to the mouth of the cave to have a quick look of the area. He can see two groups of people in the lantern light. This doesn't look good, he says quietly to nobody in particular. What more said, makes sense to Sesto and he backs up a bit, about 30 feet from the mouth of the cavern, behind a rocky outcrop. Damn, this will be difficult. I can't see much without light, Sesto thinks to himself. Hopefully, the cultist and mercenaries will keep the torches lit.

OOC: Sesto will wait until the enemy is closer, readying himself to attack with mace or cast a spell.
Sesto will use Turn/Destroy Undead on those skeletons as soon as he can see them.
 
Last edited:

Prickly Pear

Explorer
SnorLoska jumps to his feet wide awake. He quickly gathers his gear, getting sword and shield ready. He walks up to Sesto, near the rocky outcrop and whispers, What's happening out there?.
Sesto quickly explains to SnorLoska what he has seen. SnorLoska decides to stay with Sesto until the enemies are closer.
I can see through this darkness, Snorloska whispers to Sesto. How about you? No? I will warn you when they approach. be ready!

OOC: SnorLoska will wait too, and maybe even go after Sesto has done his Turn Undead thing... Hmmm, SnorLoska probably has to go before so that he can pass on the warning.
 

eayres33

Explorer
Drako creeps along the edge as he mutters an invocation to himself, he can make out the faint light of one of the other groups approaching in the distance.
OOC:
Drako moves to N10 and uses his Armor of Shadows invocation to renew his mage armor.
[sblock=Stats]
AC 16 with Mage Armor
HP 45
Speed 30
PP 13
Black Tentacle Rapier +6 to hit 1d8+3 magical
EB +7 to hit 1D10+4 damage
0 of 2 3rd level spell slots used
C: Eldritch Blast, Mage Hand, Minor Image
S: Invisibility, Misty Step, Shatter, Hunger of Hadar, Remove Curse, Fly, Fear
I: Agonizing Blast, Armor of Shadows, Thirsting Blade
[/sblock]
 

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn didn't know to which plan of existence or dark place of the universe was connected this sphere of blackness. All things considered, he didn't want to know. Better stay away from this kind of black magic. Turning his eyes away from the cacophonous void and trying to not hear the slurping noises, his gaze fell on Mord taking pleasure of this horror. Imani must know what he is doing, thought Lorenn. Fighting fire by fire... why not. Anyway, the fog cloud he was preparing was just a small drop in the bucket compared to Mord's powers. Or the powers someone gave him. But in exchange of what services? He is no priest nor wizard. Let's hope we don't replace an evil cult by an other.

Driving away these thoughts from his mind, Lorenn steps back and in the shadows, raises his magical defences.

OOC: Lorenn casts Mage armor and stays hidden in the shadows.
 

Location: Pit of Teeth & Lower Lake

Encounter: Cult Assault Squad

Round One

Kurzon shoved his way through the group that crowded the tunnel leading up to the lower lake. He arrived just in time to watch as Mord hurled dark energy toward the cultists coming toward them. They screamed, lost in the inky blackness (or was it the blackness itself that screamed?)

Suddenly a horde of skeletons emerged from the waters of the lake. They rose up out of the water, one after another. In front was a large skeleton in furs, wielding a battle-axe and a warhammer. It bashed it's axe into Kurzon's shield with great force, and as it drove him back, it swung the hammer, cracking Kurzon in the head. The teeth chattered in a horrible mockery of laughter.

Guldred and his Lizard-folk jumped into the fray, fighting back the skeletons with great fury. Then Sesto came around the corner and prayed to Lathander, holding his holy symbol before him. There was a sudden flash of light and nearly all the skeletons were gone - at most a fine sprinkling of bone-dust on the water.

GM: People with * have gone. (So don't go again yet!) Everyone else can post when they get the chance. I will intersperse bad guys here and there until everyone is checked off.

[sblock=PCs]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Auraia (L12) AC17(19) HP51/51
Aquaria (M13) AC17* HP51/51
Drako (N10) AC16 HP45/45
Kurzon (P18) AC20* HP52-10=42/52
*Lorenn (O13) AC16(18) HP42/42
*Mord (M9) AC14 HP39/39
Pyrus (N11) AC13 HP51/51
*Sesto (O15) AC18* HP45/45
Terrus (N12) AC16(17) HP57/57
Torbin (I9) AC15 HP45/45
SnorLoska (O12) AC17* HP65/65
Udit (M14) AC15 HP45/45
Zander (L13) AC19* HP54/54
[/sblock]
[sblock=NPCs]
Dunmire (B10) AC13 HP30/30
Guldred (P17) AC13 HP20/20
*Rhussuk (P16) AC15 HP24-4=20/24
*Shosha (O17) AC15 HP22/22
Zalena (C11) AC12 HP35/35
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skeletons]
*Bobskeleton (Q18)
*Skeleton1 (P19)
*Skeleton2 to 8 Destroyed
Skeleton9 (T17)

Bob Attack: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
1D8+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
1D8+4 = [7]+4 = 11
vs Kurzon
Attack: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5
1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7
1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4
vs Kurzon, Guldred, & Rhussuk

Bob Turn Save: 1D20 = [16] = 16
Turn Save: 1D20-1 = [20]-1 = 19
1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
1D20-1 = [4]-1 = 3
1D20-1 = [9]-1 = 8
1D20-1 = [3]-1 = 2
1D20-1 = [12]-1 = 11
1D20-1 = [13]-1 = 12
1D20-1 = [7]-1 = 6
1D20-1 = [16]-1 = 15
[/sblock]
[sblock=Cultists]
Adept1 (Q25) HP-7
Adept2 (R30) HP-7
Cultist1 (Q24) HP-7
Cultist2 (R27) HP-7
Cultist3 (R28) HP-7
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mercs]
Archer (AE26)
Guard1 (AC24)
Guard2 (AD25)
Guard3 (AF26)
[/sblock]

Teeth1A.png
 
Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Kurzon growled as he was hit, these undead were annoying as they were blocking the way. One of them reminded him of Bob and he attacked it, trying to put right the foulness done to the former companion.

[sblock=action]

Attack vs bob skel first, if killed other one

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

REACTION: Sentinel attack on someone attack companion within 5 ft

[/sblock]
 


Prickly Pear

Explorer
SnorLoska goes into a rage and moves past a lizardman to recklessly attack the skeleton in T17. With great fury, he smashes the skeleton to bits.

 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit blinked - he did not expect that much oposition, nor such magical firepower on their side. Whatever Mord had done had effectively blocked the cultists to the south and the cleric's power had truly blunted the skeleton attack. Clever that, using those under water... not so clever when facing a cleric.

Udit grasped for an arrow in the near darkness. Thankfully, he had now a clear target - the mercenaries across the water were desperately trying to see what was going on and not thinking about their own safety. One of them had a bow... right. Arcing shot. Udit drew, slowly released a breath, and then let it fly.

Arching shot from the darkness , they can see it coming so advantage right?: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8


The arrow slammed into the archer

sneak attack vs archer over the water : 1D6+3+3D6 = [4]+3+[4, 4, 6] = 21


Udit crouched and shifted his position - gotta keep those archers guessing

OOC: Move 1 square south (M15) and use cunning action to maintain hiding

re-hiding after shot: 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19



[sblock=minisheet]Udit, the Lamarakhi, Human Rogue (thief, sailor), level 6
HP: 45/45, Hit dice: 6/6
AC: 15
Passive Perception 17
Saves: Str: +2, Dex: +6, Con: +2, Int: +3, Wis: +1, Cha: -1
Spells remaining 1/1. Potions of healing remaining: 2[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kurzon batters away at Bob's skeleton. Like the big man in life, his bones seem to be made from sterner stuff as it refuses to break apart.

SnorLoska, on the other hand, manages to keep his feet as he rushes along the slippery shore. In two swipes he smashes the skeleton in the water to bony fragments which sink into the dark water.

While working her way around the bend on the far shore, an accomplished archer mercenary spots SnorLoska in the light of her companion's lantern. She takes careful aim and releases an arrow, followed by another she releases quickly.

GM: Gone: Kurzon, SnorLoska, Archer

Rolls:Attack: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
1D8+4+1D10 = [7]+4+[1] = 12
Attack: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
1D8+4 = [6]+4 = 10
Damage Taken: SnorLoska 22(11), Skeleton9 21 (Dead), BobSkel 10
 
Last edited:

As the Archer continued to follow her men down the bank, an arrow came out of nowhere and slammed into her side. She cursed as her companions ducked (too late). Then with sheer grit, she snapped of the shaft and continued on, now favouring her other side.

Her companions, not seeing another target, returned fire by shooting crossbows at SnorLoska.

GM: Gone: Udit, Guards
Rolls:Attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [13, 14]+4 = 18
1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8
2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [2, 16]+4 = 20
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4
Damage Taken: Archer 21, SnorLoska 22(11)+8(4)+4(2)=17
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Auraia activates her TremorSense (Bonus Action), now able to "see" those within 30 ft. Then she takes off into the air (movement, 1 Psi point per 20 feet) and flies straight towards the darkness, wanting to take advantage of her enemy's blindness. She lands quietly in the darkness, but knows where everyone is the moment she touches down. She fires her crossbow at one.

OOC: Attack: [roll0] Advantage: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]


Terrus, not to be outdone by his sister, also activates his Tremorsense, and then leaps after her (1psi point per 20 ft.) into the darkness, swinging his sword at the nearest enemy he can sense through the ground.

OOC: Attack: [roll3] Advantage: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]



Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: oops. Every time. Terrus damage: [roll0]


Pyrus fires a firy blast at one of the men in the darkness (DC 14 dex Save or take [roll1] fire damage).

Aquaria shakes her head at her siblings, always wanting to get in close with their enemy, and launches a headache at any enemy she can see (DC 11 Int Save or take [roll2] psychic damage.)
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top