log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Ensemble)

eayres33

Explorer
“It’s feeling a little cramped in here,” Drako said mostly to himself before he clutched the crystal he wore around his neck and then touched his arm before he jumped up in the air and flew 20 feet over the rest of the fighter and let loose two blast of energy at the skeleton in the back.

OOC:
So I’ve got two turns to go, so Drako will cast fly on himself and stay at around twenty feet in the air, and move until he is over O20 and target Skeleton 1
EB 1 to hit: 1d20+7 16
EB 2 to hit: 1d20+4 8
EB 1 damage if hit: 1d10+4 6
EB 2 damage if hit: 1d10+4 13
[sblock=Stats]
AC 16 with Mage Armor
HP 45
Speed 30
PP 13
Black Tentacle Rapier +6 to hit 1d8+3 magical
EB +7 to hit 1D10+4 damage
1 of 2 3rd level spell slots used
C: Eldritch Blast, Mage Hand, Minor Image
S: Invisibility, Misty Step, Shatter, Hunger of Hadar, Remove Curse, Fly, Fear
I: Agonizing Blast, Armor of Shadows, Thirsting Blade [/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Drako & Lorenn

Drako flies over the fight and sends his bolts down on the skeleton. It shudders with the impact but stays together.

Lorenn summons his ball of fire. While the archer manages to roll out of the way of it, she does not want to be burned and she orders her men to run north. As she begins to flee that way herself, she calls out to Zander (who she saw as he disappeared into the darkness of the lower lake), "I'm beginning to think you're right, Zander! Is whatever deal they offered you still on the table?"

GM: They've already gone, though, so they'll run next round.
[sblock=Rolls]Save: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13
[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Drako, Lorenn; (BGs) Already gone
Damage Taken: (BGs) Archer 4, Skeleton1 8
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
All the Genasi ready an action to attack the archer if the fighting continues.

Pyrus Fire Beam (DC 14 dex Save or take [roll0] fire damage)

Aquaria Mind Thrust (DC 11 Int Save or take [roll1] psychic damage)

Terrus fires crossbow bolt (Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3])

Auraia fires crossbow bolt ([roll4] Damage: [roll5])


Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

EarlyBird

First Post
"I can't speak for Imani," Zander yells from the darkness. "I could arrange an introduction and you and he can come to terms. Or we continue fighting each other and only The Beast gets the last laugh."
 

Genasi Siblings

Valindra the archer had a keen eye, had seen what the Genasis had done, and could tell that all their eyes were on her, even from their positions of dim light. She said, "Okay, I'm done. These guys will follow my lead, but I can't speak for the skeletons. Not my doing. It looks like the last of the Cultists are heading back to their magic door."

Sure enough, around the corner, out of sight of everyone, the last two cultists were rushing back to the Bhaalite Obelisk as fast as they could carry their barrel of alchemical death.

Guldred thrust his Warfork at Bob's skeleton and it jammed into the undead's ribs, while his Lizardfolk companions thrust and threw spears at it. One of them, the male named Rhussuk, jammed his spear through the skeleton's face so hard, that it lost most of it's teeth. It's jaw hung open loose, which was a welcome change from the mockery of Bob's infectious (if often inappropriate) laughter.

But like Bob before it, the skeleton refused to fall, and it bashed the female lizardfolk Shosha's javelin aside when she threw it at him.

GM: [Sblock=Rolls]Attack: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D8+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
1D8+4 = [4]+4 = 8
Guldred's Trident vs Bobskeleton
Attack: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Crit: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Crit
Attack: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7
[/Sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Aquaria, Auraia, Pyrus, Terrus (NPCs) Guldred, Shosha, Rhussuk (BGs) Adept2, Cultist3
Damage Taken: (BGs) Bobskeleton 8 & 8, Archer None (If she plays her cards right)
 
Last edited:

Location: Pit of Teeth & Lower Lake Encounter: Cult Assault Squad

Begin Round Three (Only!?)

GM: If I got anyone's positions wrong, the map takes precedence.
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Auraia (Q23) AC17(19) HP 40/51
Aquaria (P15) AC17* HP 51/51
Drako (N10) AC13(16) HP 45/45
Kurzon (P18) AC20* HP 42/52
Lorenn (O13) AC16(18) HP 42/42
Mord (M9) AC14 HP 39/39
Pyrus (O14) AC13 HP 51/51
Sesto (O15) AC18* HP 45/45
Terrus (P23) AC16(17) HP 46/57
Torbin (I9) AC15 HP 45/45
SnorLoska (W8) AC17* HP 48/65
Udit (M14) AC15 HP 45/45
Zander (V9) AC19* HP 54/54
[/sblock]
[sblock=NPCs]
Dunmire (B10) AC13 HP 30/30
Guldred (P17) AC13 HP 20/20
Rhussuk (Q16) AC15 HP 20/24
Shosha (O17) AC15 HP 22/22
Zalena (C11) AC12 HP 35/35
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skeletons]
Bobskeleton (Q18) HP less 52
Skeleton2 to 8 Destroyed
Skeleton1 (P19) HP less 8
Skeleton9 Destroyed
[/sblock]
[sblock=Cultists]
Adept1 Dead
Adept2 (H34) HP less 7
Cultist1 Dead
Cultist2 Dead
Cultist3 (I32) HP less 7
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mercs]
Archer (AB22) HP less 56
Guard1 (AA22)
Guard2 (AB21)
Guard3 (AB23)
[/sblock]


Teeth3A.png
 

River Song

Explorer
The battle ebbed and flowed around him and Kurzon still couldn't believe that the skeletons were standing. His sword sang again as he sought a way past the skele-Bob's defences.

[sblock=Action]

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[/sblock]
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Now that the Mercs were taken care of, the four Genasi turned their sights on the skeletons.

Aquaria activated her Psi blades, pumping a little power into them before attacking the Bob skeleton. (2 Psi points makes it a +1 weapon. Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1])

Terrus attacked the other skeleton. (Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3])

Pyrus scorched the bob skeleton. (DC 14 dex or take [roll4] fire.)

Aquaria attacked skeleton-bob's mind. (DC 11 int Save or take [roll5] psychic damage. )


Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 


Ensemble

OOC: Yeah, that's what I thought woud happen...


With little else to do, everyone turned on the remaining skeletons. Bob's skeleton remained far past the point that everyone expected it to, but burned, battered, shot and stabbed, eventually there was little enough left of it, that the bones fell, splashing into the water. By then, the other skeleton was long since crushed to marrow.

Sesto and Zander leaped over the end of the lower lake and secured the new prisoners, returning them to the Pit of Teeth to add to the growing herd.

The cultists escaped into the Bhaalite Obelisk with their barrel.

GM: Two damaged skeletons don't last long against a 13 PC, 5 NPC party. It's going to take the cult a bit to come up with an alternate plan. You should quickly decide what to do with all those prisoners, split the group up and decide on two approaches to go get that last Idol.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord watches as the new set of prisoners are lead in and sat down one at a time in front of the map. He sighs at the trouble taking more prisoners will cause them. But stares at them anyways. "You can help us speed this process up. Assuming you want to be freed. Tell us what you know about the defenses and current Leadership."

Squirrels are evil!
 

Well, Raizen the Necromancer has taken Silakul's job as head of the Dracolich's flunkies. The Beast is badly burned, but he's still in charge of us mercenaries. He's letting Cordelia sub-in for him on active leadership while he takes a bit of a break - but nothing keeps that guy down for long." admits Valindra the archer.
 
Last edited:


Valindra looks at the map drawn in the mud of the Pit of Teeth and shrugs. "As far as forces go, there's less than twenty mercenaries left, when you take us out. There's probably a few more Cultists than that, not including the Dracolich's elite - what they call the 'stone-faces'. I've never even seen one, so I have no idea how many there are. We're mostly stationed on the Watchtower." she indicates herself and her companions. "So I'm afraid I don't know much about the Vaults."

Mord recognises two of her companions. He spoke to them at the Watchtower when he was under the disguise of Rowloe. He falsely offered them a double-ration of rum.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I see... In that case, we had best be on our way. But what to do with you? I had planned to let the other two leave. But how can we trust you and your band not to betray us?"

Squirrels are evil!
 

Guldred says something in his language, and Drako translates, "Guldred says that you did him a kind deed in returning his War-fork to him. He volunteers to stay here and guard our prisoners, or to escort them out of here by the Waterfall if we prefer. He could take them south for a full day before releasing them, or hand them to our allies out there."
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"That would be fine then. Let Imami deal with them while we get back to the mission."

"I would like to go back through the area past the shipwreck. We should have easy access to their 'trophies' room from there."

Squirrels are evil!
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
I agree, says Sesto, we can't leave them unattended for long.

Sesto looks at the map in the mud and points. I don't fancy going back through the audience chamber where we came from. Then he points towards the Shipwreck chamber and says, why don't we all go though here and then one group can go south to the Trophy room and the other group goes south from the Troglodyte Chief's cavern?
Hmm, that maybe isn't so bad... We, who already met the troglodytes, can go though there. They are maybe still friendly towards us. What do you say? Sesto queries the rest of the group. We can reassure the Chief that we delivered the treasure on his behalf and he will be happy.
 



Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top