D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Ensemble)

eayres33

Explorer
“It’s feeling a little cramped in here,” Drako said mostly to himself before he clutched the crystal he wore around his neck and then touched his arm before he jumped up in the air and flew 20 feet over the rest of the fighter and let loose two blast of energy at the skeleton in the back.

OOC:
So I’ve got two turns to go, so Drako will cast fly on himself and stay at around twenty feet in the air, and move until he is over O20 and target Skeleton 1
EB 1 to hit: 1d20+7 16
EB 2 to hit: 1d20+4 8
EB 1 damage if hit: 1d10+4 6
EB 2 damage if hit: 1d10+4 13
[sblock=Stats]
AC 16 with Mage Armor
HP 45
Speed 30
PP 13
Black Tentacle Rapier +6 to hit 1d8+3 magical
EB +7 to hit 1D10+4 damage
1 of 2 3rd level spell slots used
C: Eldritch Blast, Mage Hand, Minor Image
S: Invisibility, Misty Step, Shatter, Hunger of Hadar, Remove Curse, Fly, Fear
I: Agonizing Blast, Armor of Shadows, Thirsting Blade [/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Drako & Lorenn

Drako flies over the fight and sends his bolts down on the skeleton. It shudders with the impact but stays together.

Lorenn summons his ball of fire. While the archer manages to roll out of the way of it, she does not want to be burned and she orders her men to run north. As she begins to flee that way herself, she calls out to Zander (who she saw as he disappeared into the darkness of the lower lake), "I'm beginning to think you're right, Zander! Is whatever deal they offered you still on the table?"

GM: They've already gone, though, so they'll run next round.
[sblock=Rolls]Save: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13
[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Drako, Lorenn; (BGs) Already gone
Damage Taken: (BGs) Archer 4, Skeleton1 8

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
All the Genasi ready an action to attack the archer if the fighting continues.

Pyrus Fire Beam (DC 14 dex Save or take [roll0] fire damage)

Aquaria Mind Thrust (DC 11 Int Save or take [roll1] psychic damage)

Terrus fires crossbow bolt (Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3])

Auraia fires crossbow bolt ([roll4] Damage: [roll5])

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
"I can't speak for Imani," Zander yells from the darkness. "I could arrange an introduction and you and he can come to terms. Or we continue fighting each other and only The Beast gets the last laugh."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Genasi Siblings

Valindra the archer had a keen eye, had seen what the Genasis had done, and could tell that all their eyes were on her, even from their positions of dim light. She said, "Okay, I'm done. These guys will follow my lead, but I can't speak for the skeletons. Not my doing. It looks like the last of the Cultists are heading back to their magic door."

Sure enough, around the corner, out of sight of everyone, the last two cultists were rushing back to the Bhaalite Obelisk as fast as they could carry their barrel of alchemical death.

Guldred thrust his Warfork at Bob's skeleton and it jammed into the undead's ribs, while his Lizardfolk companions thrust and threw spears at it. One of them, the male named Rhussuk, jammed his spear through the skeleton's face so hard, that it lost most of it's teeth. It's jaw hung open loose, which was a welcome change from the mockery of Bob's infectious (if often inappropriate) laughter.

But like Bob before it, the skeleton refused to fall, and it bashed the female lizardfolk Shosha's javelin aside when she threw it at him.

GM: [Sblock=Rolls]Attack: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D8+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
1D8+4 = [4]+4 = 8
Guldred's Trident vs Bobskeleton
Attack: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Crit: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Crit
Attack: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7
[/Sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Aquaria, Auraia, Pyrus, Terrus (NPCs) Guldred, Shosha, Rhussuk (BGs) Adept2, Cultist3
Damage Taken: (BGs) Bobskeleton 8 & 8, Archer None (If she plays her cards right)

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Location: Pit of Teeth & Lower Lake Encounter: Cult Assault Squad

Begin Round Three (Only!?)

GM: If I got anyone's positions wrong, the map takes precedence.
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Auraia (Q23) AC17(19) HP 40/51
Aquaria (P15) AC17* HP 51/51
Drako (N10) AC13(16) HP 45/45
Kurzon (P18) AC20* HP 42/52
Lorenn (O13) AC16(18) HP 42/42
Mord (M9) AC14 HP 39/39
Pyrus (O14) AC13 HP 51/51
Sesto (O15) AC18* HP 45/45
Terrus (P23) AC16(17) HP 46/57
Torbin (I9) AC15 HP 45/45
SnorLoska (W8) AC17* HP 48/65
Udit (M14) AC15 HP 45/45
Zander (V9) AC19* HP 54/54
[/sblock]
[sblock=NPCs]
Dunmire (B10) AC13 HP 30/30
Guldred (P17) AC13 HP 20/20
Rhussuk (Q16) AC15 HP 20/24
Shosha (O17) AC15 HP 22/22
Zalena (C11) AC12 HP 35/35
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skeletons]
Bobskeleton (Q18) HP less 52
Skeleton2 to 8 Destroyed
Skeleton1 (P19) HP less 8
Skeleton9 Destroyed
[/sblock]
[sblock=Cultists]
Adept1 Dead
Adept2 (H34) HP less 7
Cultist1 Dead
Cultist2 Dead
Cultist3 (I32) HP less 7
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mercs]
Archer (AB22) HP less 56
Guard1 (AA22)
Guard2 (AB21)
Guard3 (AB23)
[/sblock]

Teeth3A.png

River Song

Explorer
The battle ebbed and flowed around him and Kurzon still couldn't believe that the skeletons were standing. His sword sang again as he sought a way past the skele-Bob's defences.

[sblock=Action]

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Now that the Mercs were taken care of, the four Genasi turned their sights on the skeletons.

Aquaria activated her Psi blades, pumping a little power into them before attacking the Bob skeleton. (2 Psi points makes it a +1 weapon. Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1])

Terrus attacked the other skeleton. (Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3])

Pyrus scorched the bob skeleton. (DC 14 dex or take [roll4] fire.)

Aquaria attacked skeleton-bob's mind. (DC 11 int Save or take [roll5] psychic damage. )

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ensemble

OOC: Yeah, that's what I thought woud happen...

With little else to do, everyone turned on the remaining skeletons. Bob's skeleton remained far past the point that everyone expected it to, but burned, battered, shot and stabbed, eventually there was little enough left of it, that the bones fell, splashing into the water. By then, the other skeleton was long since crushed to marrow.

Sesto and Zander leaped over the end of the lower lake and secured the new prisoners, returning them to the Pit of Teeth to add to the growing herd.

The cultists escaped into the Bhaalite Obelisk with their barrel.

GM: Two damaged skeletons don't last long against a 13 PC, 5 NPC party. It's going to take the cult a bit to come up with an alternate plan. You should quickly decide what to do with all those prisoners, split the group up and decide on two approaches to go get that last Idol.

Remove ads