• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
What is the vampire tier exactly...

Is it ....

Vampire
Vampire Lord
Nosferatu
Varcoloc

......or are their more? And what is a Varcoloc? We still think you should preview the nosferatu...though you should leave the Varcoloc in the next bestiary.

Hey Dante mate! :)

dante58701 said:
What is the vampire tier exactly...

Is it ....

Vampire
Vampire Lord
Nosferatu
Varcoloc

Ghoul
Vampire
Elder Vampire/Vampire Lord
Nosferatu (top 'Pure' Vampire)

after that...

Welkin (Immortal Vampire/Mummy)
Varcolac (Sidereal Vampire/Mummy/Ghost)
Tamas ~ Unique being (First One of Entropy) Sidereal Umbral (elements of Vampire/Mummy/Ghost/Wight)
Un-beings (Beyond Umbrals, Time Lords from the Negative Dimensions)
Omega ~ Unique Template (The Adversary fated to destroy the Supreme Being)

dante58701 said:
......or are their more?

I am sure there are a number of off-shoots.

dante58701 said:
And what is a Varcoloc?

The Varcolac is a Cosmic Vampire.

dante58701 said:
We still think you should preview the nosferatu...though you should leave the Varcoloc in the next bestiary.

...I think I already passed my Will save on that one. ;)

Pssthpok

First Post
Good man, UK. Stay on target.

Do you think you'll have all of Ascension tied up by 1.3, or we looking at more releases?

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

Ghoul
Vampire
Elder Vampire/Vampire Lord
Nosferatu (top 'Pure' Vampire)

after that...

Welkin (Immortal Vampire/Mummy)
Varcolac (Sidereal Vampire/Mummy/Ghost)
Tamas ~ Unique being (First One of Entropy) Sidereal Umbral (elements of Vampire/Mummy/Ghost/Wight)
Un-beings (Beyond Umbrals, Time Lords from the Negative Dimensions)
Omega ~ Unique Template (The Adversary fated to destroy the Supreme Being)

That's excellent stuff.

Would a Nosferatu look human?

Rockhoward56

First Post
Ascension 1.2 is near!!!!!! :D
Varcolac, welkin sound interesting! the epic bestiary 2 will be awesome!
Ltheb Silverfrond you're list of adversaries (Mr T etc) seem very interesting!
Could you post their stats in a near future?i'm very curious about them!!
keep working! you are making a cool job! :p

Rockhoward56 said:
Ltheb Silverfrond you're list of adversaries (Mr T etc) seem very interesting!
Could you post their stats in a near future?i'm very curious about them!!
Well, the list may be tweaked a bit before I run the thing. The first 6 or so will be the first session, and the rest in the 2nd session. I am running this in 2 parts to save my players and my own sanity.

The stats... If I get my summery of events typed up Ill list any relevent stats to the notes. (Like if I list someone needed to make a saving throw, Ill give a breakdown of the DC) Note that most deities in the tournament that don't carry equipment will have increased ability scores or a few more divine slots to bring their CR up a bit. I anticipate 3-4 players, and since they can fully heal/restore spells between battles, I have to make each fight really hard.

So far one player has decided on playing Agent Smith. (Fighter w/ Construct Traits, Gimmick: Takes Epic Prowess as much as possible, and every Expertise/Power Attack upgrade, High strength. May take other divine abilities to give other attack options/extra actions)

Saturday looks to be a bit of fun, depending on how much of Ascension is finished by then. (I may hold it off 'till the 28th as a backup.)

Rockhoward56

First Post
oh seems great!
I'm interesting to make a simple tournament , to test the powers and portfolios.
maybe next saturday ,but i want to see the portfolios rules and effets before.

I don't know but Transcendental Architect and Omnific Architec are litlle useless for me.
Time creation in minutes is great , in second (why not , if you want to do it fast why not , but you're immortal :p ) I don't like so much Omniarchitect. :uhoh:

For the omni power , are we limited to a single universe , or the entire multiverse,metaverse and so on?

Mode gros bill on: Omnipotent: You encompass the Omniverse , you gain the right to change the Akashic Records.
Prerequisite: all Omni abilities and defeat the 12 spectrals who guard the entrance to the tenth dimension. :p

historian

First Post
Mode gros bill on: Omnipotent: You encompass the Omniverse , you gain the right to change the Akashic Records.
Prerequisite: all Omni abilities and defeat the 12 spectrals who guard the entrance to the tenth dimension.

This sounds like something beyond Metempiric. :eek:

historian said:
This sounds like something beyond Metempiric. :eek:
Warning: Insanity at work. Use caution next 12 miles.
[sblock]You know, I was thinking about meta-empiric powers and such. Since they would pretty much only be available to Highlords, The Omega, and the Supreme Being, (You know, everything outside of most levels of play) and since infinities are pretty much covered in omnific powers, meta-Empyrical powers would simply have to be rule-breakers. Literally break the rules. (The DM can Rule 0, and the supreme being is the DM...) Like perhaps allowing you to stack a power that shouldn't. (Like Interdimentional)
Possible ideas: How about one that just gives you an Infinite damage [Effect]. Yes, everyone will take Storm. Or my favorite: Meta-Dimentional - Like Omnidimentional, but phased in manifestations also have the Meta-Dimentional power! (So each round, your numbers double)
Silly - Yes.
Important - Not really.
Broken - Of course.
Perhaps, since U_K suggested the Supreme Being be rank 14,400, someone should throw him together. :) Just give him every power with every combination. I am sure he has the divine slots for them all. Heck, things like Theopaea, Adjuration, and Goetic Blood become just as deadly as anything else at that point.
The point? I don't know. Perhaps if a player doen't like a ruleing their character could go into hostile negotiations. (Not that they could ever have any chance of possibly thinking it were possible of maybe succeeding.:))
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads