in 1st Edition...did you...assume that Corellon Larethian put out Gruumsh's eye?

in 1st Edition...did you...assume that Corellon Larethian put out Gruumsh's eye?

• Yes

Votes: 64 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 54 44.3%
  • Gruumsh has two eyes, fool!

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Gruumsh put out Corellon's eye!

Votes: 5 4.1%

Sanguinemetaldawn

First Post
Only those who actively played during 1st Ed. AD&D should participate in this poll, but even if you never played D&D before, feel free to reply since the results will be just about as meaningful.

So, in 1st Edition...did you...assume that Corellon Larethian put out Gruumsh's eye?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Do we really need another thread on this topic?

[Edit: I voted 'no' but only because I never played AD&D 1e in anything but homebrewed settings, thus the official D&D pantheons never saw any use.]

Last edited:

Set

First Post
It was a crazy mix-up over too much mead. Corellon put out Gruumsh's eye the same way Set put out Horus' eye.

Ourph

First Post
No, that particular bit of esoterica didn't make it into the regularly accepted canon until 2e, at least in the games I was familiar with.

Rhun

First Post
No. In 1E AD&D Gruumsh was like a cyclops...he only had one eye. He didn't ever have a second eye to pluck out. From Deities & Demigods: "Gruumsh himself has but one large eye in the center of his forehead."

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I've played gobs of 1e (still do); Gruumsh and Corellon are archetypal deities that have survived every retcon and homebrew we've done to the pantheons over time, and if I've ever heard of C de-eyeing G (other than here, recently) I've forgotten it.

Lanefan

Gothic_Demon

First Post
In 1e the clerics in our DMs game didn't even have gods. Gods were a completely unknown quantity until 2e, and even then we didn't really use them. Not until 3e and Gods with domains did we see any real god use. I hadn't heard of Gruumsh or Corellon until then.

Remove ads