DDAL Jasper Dms Season 8 spoilers

jasper

Rotten DM
Waterdeep Heist Chapter 1 to 3 Second play thorough.
Ok this time I am tossing out anyone over 5th level. My group so far has been half Sunday Regulars, and half new to D&D or new to AL. So far they have no even commented a minor crime. Solved Lif's murder. And turned over the Nimblewright detector to the cops. Ages are preteen to 60s.

jasper

Rotten DM
Second play thorough. Had the mom of one the players sit in, and seen her son to another table. Well the crime spree has began. I ran them through a combination Chapter 4 and 6. They ended the chase scene due to good tactics and a broom of flying. But the evil goblin, and bouncer were arrested. Ok it was their own fault.
The goblin Eldritch Blasted one cultists, and two rogues to death. They captured the other cultist and Rogue. After they questioned the cultist, the goblin and bouncer took them to the cops. Needless to say, the poor mostly innocent NPCS brought charges against them.
So bouncer was charge with breaking the peace. 25 GP Fine and 7 days obey the law. Goblin has 3 days to settle up his affairs and is facing a 5 year banishment from waterdeep. Since the player whined about maybe if he finds the gold and prisoners for the rest of the session, I going to enforce it. So his goblin would be banished to Season 12 from Waterdeep.

jasper

Rotten DM
Second play through end game. I ran the climax Sunday. I first include them returning to the manor to find out a huge party had taken place in their absence. The Goblin extended family show up to party. However the goblin player was a not show so half of my script was toss. One player did try to sell the goblin down the river. I had him "sign" the inn and all things in the inn over to the slimy person who wanted the inn. The player did not read the contract.
Amosdues now owns everyone soul that was in the inn. Yes they sold their soul to the company store. I will be using this if I do any season 9 stuff.
They went back to Chapter 2 to get the brass dragon scale. Most of the fights in the dragon dungeon were a walk. And the person who signed the contract nearly got eaten.
Oh. I had one father bring his two sons. And a new father son team. I had dm for the father of the father son team at a local con. So I had 4 new people which did slow down the game. But some of the teens had some interesting ideas.

jasper

Rotten DM
My general thought on Heist is, great for homebrew but difficult for AL. The 4 season thing is hoot but I had difficulty shoehorning the last chapter into play. In the first play through I would had double the npc to capture the party. In the second play through, I ran most of Chapter 4 and then threw them into Chapter 6. And conclude with the dragon dungeon.

jasper

Rotten DM
Reran 08-00 Waterdeep Heist Friday. Had 1 kill from the only nat 20 of the night. The father son team was great with the son helping dad understand the rules. Also no one could climb the house to get to the down pc. But they did capture the main villain. After murdering the two npc with clues. Four hour game done in under 3 hours due to them going way off script. And this module seems to in courage that.

Remove ads