Knights of the Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

anest1s

First Post
To tell the truth, I like both organizations. They are so insulting and evil, that I think that it is realistic for humans to think like that. In my campaign I enjoy having the PCs between the evil, the eviler, and the sick evil- both of those two organizations are SO sick evil. I would let their members to be paladins (actually blackguards advertised as paladins) just to make the PCs wonder wtf is going on. Also almost every commoner, if asked would support one over the other :devil:

The only thing that would worry me, is that maybe the players will think that I think in real life that one of them is good/but no real risk- I know them for years.

As a PC, I would join for the free armor, then I would tell them that I will join the opposite side as a spy, then join the opposite side, get an armor from there too, then go chaotic and make an organization against both. Maybe one equally sick evil, just for the lulz (Slave Knights of the Female Queens anyone? Male members castrated)

edit: And I would force them to join of course.

Last edited:

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Why is it when anyone does stuff like this in a game it usually involves the subjugation of woman? I would like to see just once this done to male NPCs.

I know very well that woman were subjugated and are still be subjugated in our world.

But in DnD rules woman can be just as strong as men. There is also magic I would really like to see some man try and control a female sorcerer who can turn invisible, fly and rain fireballs from the sky on him.

Woman can be clerics and get the same power from the deity as a male character and what about druids they get their power from nature.

I just find it hard to believe that the fate of woman would be the same as it is here. Unless of course you hit them with strength modifiers, say the the gods want to see them subjugated and that woman bodies can't do magic of any kind.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. In D&D women and men are physically and socially equivalent in the rules, but for some reason some gamers like to keep playing up the realworld inequalities, regardless of how utterly illogical it is in the context of the game mechanics.

(In all fairness, though, surely someone somewhere has played the Amazon setting? Though of course that usually just swaps extant M/F disparities in the realworld; that is, it just slaps boobs on real world male stereotypes, and makes men effeminate.)

That said, playing the roles of women in the campaign Hunter99 has outlined, with the understood goal of bringing down that world's order through a combination of physical prowess, subversion, altruism, individualism, liberty, and all the other things these Orders apparently revile... now that could be an interesting game.

Assuming, of course, the subjugation, violation and rapey shinola is played way, way, way down by the GM.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Yes, but how many sorcerers, clerics and druid are there?

The majority of people in D&D are commoners and experts.

And if a few powerful women wanted to create trouble, how long do you think they could last since every society/organization would be against them. (or at least the majority.)
And, guided only by counter-intuitive unconscious* assumptions...

A tropical island indeed. Picturesque, even.

* Er, I hope.

Elf Witch

First Post
Yes, but how many sorcerers, clerics and druid are there?

The majority of people in D&D are commoners and experts.

And if a few powerful women wanted to create trouble, how long do you think they could last since every society/organization would be against them. (or at least the majority.)

Are the gods against them as well? Because unless they are then right there you have an issue. Unless of course there are no good clerics in your game world. No good god would allow this to happen and if a cleric follower did these things they would lose their access to spells.

What about nature? A group of female and like minded males could give these socialites a hard time.

The reason why woman were able to be subjugated here on earth is two fold. The majority of woman are not as strong as men and can be easily overpowered and two Because woman have children and for the most part birth control was not that reliable then they were dependent on men to protect them and their offspring.

I take it you want reliable birth control in your world so there goes that one and unless you choose to make all woman weaker then men there goes the other.

And as you point out most people in DnD are commoners or experts all it would take would to give these guys a bad day is a good cleric, wizard, druid, fighter. A paladin with his smite ability would give these knights a bad time.

Dandu

First Post

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
One point that needs to be brought up is that many responders talk about how they would bring down this order by starting their own knighthood etc. It seems to imply that the road will be full of roses. (Not necessarily what the responders were intending)

If the world that these PCs are living is this dark, it should be remembered that the effort to bring these orders down will be difficult and the possibility of their perishing in the effort is real.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Are the gods against them as well? Because unless they are then right there you have an issue. Unless of course there are no good clerics in your game world. No good god would allow this to happen and if a cleric follower did these things they would lose their access to spells.

All it would take would be one pissed off goddess of Love, the Hearth, or what have you.

Hera would go on a rampage (using Zeus' parts as a bludgeon if she had to) to scour the lands of these jokers where her worshipers dwelt.

In any given FRPG, magic is kind of like a Colt .45 Peacemaker...The Great Equalizer. Unless males have a monopoly on the divine AND the arcane, some of those "troublemaking" females will make a lot of trouble indeed.

Dandu

First Post
If the world that these PCs are living is this dark, it should be remembered that the effort to bring these orders down will be difficult and the possibility of their perishing in the effort is real.
All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.
-St. Francis of Assisi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads