Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
I'm still considering it; Angus has no idea what a "level" is; he figures maybe the weapon is trapped or something. And he really doesn't want Tarrak to get it back. Is it within Angus' reach? 😛

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Eight (End of Round)
Demon Familiar (Eutharic): 27 (takes wand and moves to Crisenth)
Caerth (dire bat form): 22 (charges and misses)
Screech: 22 (doesn't attack)
Bleak Eagle: 21 (attacks Caerth using blood wind; critical miss)
Crisenth: 21 (casts area dispel magic)
Aureus: 20 (haste counteracted for 1 more round)
Phar: 20 (summoning a celestial giant eagle)
Senior Acolyte of Malotoch (Omen): 20 (using gaseous form spell)
Tarrak: 19 (moves and cast deific vengeance vs. Angus)
Rook-Harpy: 18 (slain by Quinn)
Rook-Harpy: 18 (charges Angus through the air; misses)
Rook-Harpy: 18 (grounded [near Angus]; slain by dwarf fighter)
Monstrous Ghast (Phre): 17 (gets up from prone; flies)
Lady Pendour: 15 (sickened; unarmed)
Galzadar the Fallen: 13 (fails to cast dispel magic spell; draws blade)
Scarborax (sorcerer): 13 (unconscious [dying])
Quinn: 12 (charges and slays rook)
Maur: 12 (moves towards Tarrak; has AoO vs rook)
Wieland: 12 (sickened; near death; hiding)
Ailward Stepney (cohort): 12 (attacks and hits last flying rook)
Acolyte Zombies [x12]: 12 (motionless)
Acolyte Zombies [x3]: 12 (Spd 5 feet/round; motionless)

Henry Hawtrey (wild. rogue): 11 (moves and retrieve potions from Syndra)
Sir Ghal: 11 (tries to pick up Azurak, loses a level, drops it, attacks rooks)
Temperance Redding (fighter): 8 (panicked; paralyzed; prone; sickened)
Ghast: 4 (moves and attacks Temperance; hits)
Dwarven Militia Fighter (male): 4 (sickened; slays rook)
Dwarven Militia Fighter (female): 4 (sickened; unconscious [dying])
Elle Redding (cleric): 3 (moves and hits ghast)
Angus: 3 (sickened)
Zephora Chyrche (militia fighter): 2 (unconscious [dying])
Annabel Ufford (militia fighter): 2 (panicked/cowering)
Tristan (militia): 1 (sickened) ⬅️

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm still considering it; Angus has no idea what a "level" is; he figures maybe the weapon is trapped or something. And he really doesn't want Tarrak to get it back. Is it within Angus' reach? 😛
Yes, it is and there are no foes that can make an AoO near Angus. If Angus picks up the Star Arm, the following vision flashes in the centaur's mind.

Angus sees a massive battlefield in the Underearth. Dwarves are battling goblins and evil foes lead by an evil warrior. Azurak is held high by a tall dwarf who is dressed more like a barbarian of the Northlands than a dwarf. The dwarf is painted across his entire body and a horde of similarly dressed and armed dwarf warriors scream and yell at their foes.

Angus here's a voice in his head. "Battleragers attack!"

The chaotically-aligned dwarves rush forward towards the goblins. They yell out to a god that Angus has never heard of before. "For Tholas the Titan!"

Then, the fury of a hundred dwarven battleragers grips Angus's heart, as Azurak activates its special power: rage. Angus can either let the rage take him or make a Will saving throw (DC 14) to keep the rage from affecting him. If he accepts the rage, Azurak will force him to drop the weapon angus has been using.

Azurak's name in Common is Titan's Fury and was forged by dwarves to be a weapon wielded by dwarven battleragers. It can communicate telepathically with its wielder but not others. It has a Wisdom and Charisma of 14 and a Intelligence of 10. It is a +2 anarchic adamantine great mace.

It is a two-handed unique weapon that does 1d12 bludgeoning damage with a critical of x2 on a Natural 20. It does not resize itself for smaller or larger wielders; it is sized for Medium-size wielders. It cannot be thrown. It weighs 20 lbs. It's alignment is CN. It has an Ego of 8.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Posted for Angus. 😎
Note that it is Azurak that activates the rage power. The Star Arms can activate their powers without wielder intervention. So, either Angus tries to save vs. the effect or accepts the rage on his turn this round. He doesn't need to make an action next round.

Yes, he can't attack with the rage this round, but it comes into effect nonetheless.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
@Knightfall Since Angus can wield large weapons normally, can he wield Azurak in one hand, or does it still require 2 hands? I'm fine either way, just wanting to know for the sake of whether or not I'll be able to use it with my shield. (Angus is sensing that maybe this weapon is a "keeper.") LOL 😛😎

If an exotic weapon proficiency would allow me to wield it one-handed, I could acquire that feat next level, once I gain enough XP to level up.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Knightfall Since Angus can wield large weapons normally, can he wield Azurak in one hand, or does it still require 2 hands? I'm fine either way, just wanting to know for the sake of whether or not I'll be able to use it with my shield. (Angus is sensing that maybe this weapon is a "keeper.") LOL 😛😎

If an exotic weapon proficiency would allow me to wield it one-handed, I could acquire that feat next level, once I gain enough XP to level up.
While it is sized for a Medium character, it is also very heavy. The module says it is supposed to weigh 40 lbs., but I've cut that in half to 20 lbs. I would say that it can't be wielded one handed without extra training. I guess that would be a Exotic Weapon Proficiency taken at a later date.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Yes, Maur's spells were reset at the shrine, but not spells on magic items. (I should have clarified that before now, but I forgot about the anklet. Sorry about that. [†]) It's uses are per day, not every 8 hour rest period. It has not been over 24 hours since Maur used it. An item like that has its restrictions for a reason, and we're going to stick to it.

It didn't occur to me to ask. We always treated night rest as the reset point for everything.
Anyhow, I need to check if I used it TWICE in the last combat since that is the daily limit.

If I cannot teleport, I will not move, but cast Divine favor (losing one bless in the process) from the Cord of Favor (because I don't have enough bonuses to hit and damage :p )

Remove ads