Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
What Angus would like to have for 32,500 gp value:

--25,000 = Have his Mithral Chain Armor enchanted to +5;

--4,000 = Gauntlets of Ogre Power

Plus, the remainder (3,500 gp.) in cash (75% in platinum, remainder in smaller denominations.)

😎

Is this possible?
Anything is possible. ;)

Of course, for such a transaction, he will have to visit one of the cities in the Strandlands to get the work done on his armor and find a pair of gauntlets to purchase (or commission the creation of) and that's after he's brokered a deal with Aries and the Soldiers of Iron for Azurak. Remember that Aries doesn't have that kind of wealth on him and that his contact is likely located somewhere beyond the Strandlands in the Eastern Shores (where the Kingdom of Stonn is located).

Aries has already told the PCs, previously, that the Soldiers of Iron don't have guild hall in any of the cities of the Strandlands. They are more of a foreign military force than a mercenary company. While the are respected by many of the Strandlands' warriors, they are not completely trusted due to the group's steadfast allegiance to Stonn.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Tellerian Hawke,

A reminder that Harqualian dragons typically do not have the same alignments as listed in the MM. They are usually partially neutral but then again, not everyone on the continent knows this fact. Perhaps Angus's knowledge of dragons is based on his peoples previous dealings with dragons or legends Angus has heard.

The same is not always true for dragons on other continents, but dragons are considered part of the natural world on Kulan, regardless.

Knowledge about Harqualian dragons falls under Nature while it can be either Nature or Arcana for dragons from other parts of the world.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Of course, there is also the term rogue dragon, but for Angus to know the difference between standard Harqualian dragons and rogue dragons, it requires a Knowledge (Nature) check. ;)

Note that while most dragons' alignments are partially neutral this doesn't stop them from being NE.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
DM's Note about Skill Checks
I know I've already mentioned that a Natural 20 on the die when rolling skill checks is considered a 30 for determining success for tough DCs. However, I can't remember if I've noted that I do the same thing for a Natural 1. If you get a 1, it is considered to be a roll of -10.

This means that the roll isn't automatically a failure. If you have a large enough bonus to a skill, the result could still be a success if you beat the DC. For Knowledge checks, the bare minimum to beat is DC 10 for any kind of success.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I figured Angus would know about dragons and their alignments in general, and therefore his remarks make perfect sense. These dragons, specifically, can be of a different alignment, and not knowing too much about them, Caerth is still hesitant to approach any of them.

Even True Neutral dragons can be opposed to our goals and/or hostile towards us. An audience with a metallic dragon is often safer, but then again, these are dragons. Nothing is certain. :)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As a player, I really should be more careful about making broad statements, in a world so heavily-customized as Kulan. I am used to DMs who customize small things, such as implementing house rules, and creating groups and organizations; I am not used to playing under a DM who changes staple concepts, such as chromatic vs. metallic dragons, LOL 😛 But I should know better by now, since I have been playing with Rob for like 7 years now, ha ha ha. 😂 At any rate, I plan to be more careful in the future. Loose lips sink ships. 😎

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
When it comes to Knowledge (nature), like Phar, Angus has basic knowledge of the Balance and how dragons fit into the natural world. The Harqualian centaur knows that most Harqualian dragons follow the Tenets of the Balance, which urges an even divide between the natural world and civilization.

The Majestic Dragons are known to be the greatest champions of the Tenets, and they are greatly respected by druids and rangers, as well as the followers of the North Gods (and a few Interloper Gods).

Angus is aware of one old female white dragon of the Northlands who follows the Tenets. He doesn't know if that dragon, Cinxan, is a Majestic Dragon, but she is highly respected by the Northlanders and that she has the ability to cast powerful healing magicks. Of course, Angus's homeland is very far from the Strandlands and she is unlikely to take an interest in the southern lands of Harqual.

Angus hasn't been in the Strandlands long enough to have heard of any of the local dragons, so this is the first time he's heard of the green dragon "The Son of the Hunt", the blue dragon Thunderback, and the bronze dragon Summerwind.

These types of dragons rarely live in the Northlands but Angus has heard of such dragons. There are rumors of a greenish-colored dragon living somewhere deep in the forest known as the Wormwood, which lies just north of the Broken Hills in the Northlands. That dragon is not considered to be friendly, so it is likely a "rogue" dragon who has rejected the Balance.

I have a map of the Northlands and the Ragik Peninsula that I put together some time ago. I'm not sure if I've posted it to the FB group or not, but I'll check. It's not vital to the game but it might help you better visualize where Angus's centaur tribe is located. :)

EDIT: Ah ha, it was a map you asked for... heh.

Last edited:

Remove ads