Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
@Knightfall, what kind of dwarves would be appropriate wherever the characters are now? And what are available deities?

Also, if Dumathoin is available, anyone know what is mattock/maul and where are the stats? There is maul in Arms and Equipment but it is 1-handed 1d10 weapon. Impressive, but...not really a maul.

Can it be 2d8 (1d10 --> 2d8) or at least 2d6 and be heavy 2 HD weapon?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Knightfall, what kind of dwarves would be appropriate wherever the characters are now? And what are available deities?

Also, if Dumathoin is available, anyone know what is mattock/maul and where are the stats? There is maul in Arms and Equipment but it is 1-handed 1d10 weapon. Impressive, but...not really a maul.

Can it be 2d8 (1d10 --> 2d8) or at least 2d6 and be heavy 2 HD weapon?
This post in my Lands of Harqual thread shows details for the specific region of the campaign, called The Strandlands. Hill dwarves are common in the region; they are the second most plentiful race. Most of the dwarves of the Strandlands live more towards the hills and mountains. The game is set in a seaside village called Carnell, but even in that small place there are some dwarves. Most notably the blacksmith.

Dumathion is one of the major dwarven deities for the Strandlands.

For the maul, let's go with 2d6 instead of 2d8, as a two-handed weapon.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here is the regional map for where the Strandlands are located: Thunder Mountains Region. The Strandlands are the lands east of the mountain range; its capital is the large town of Ironsoul. Note that there is a link to a full-sized version of the map on that blog post. It's a big map, so it might take a bit of time to load.

There are lot of hill dwarves in the forest hills of the Iron Woods, as well as the area known as The Quarry Heights, but they can be found everywhere in the Strandlands. Note that while some of the clanhomes in the region are dwarven some of them are also human clanhomes. The ones in the Thunder Mountains are dwarven, however. But some of those clans are allied more with Highhelm -- a dwarven land that acts as a buffer state between the Strandlands and Vish'Na'Ka to the west. Basically, anywhere there are mines, there are hill dwarves in larger numbers.

Near Carnell, on the coast, the largest settlement with dwarves is Belporte, although they aren't as numerous there and aren't as well thought of. Belporte is very human-centric and its people have a bit of a superiority complex. The largest dwarven community near Carnell is the Bahyrsti Clan in the green hills near Ebonstrand Castle and the Silent Shrine. That clanhome used to be a human clanhome but it was lost to monsters during the Second Ogre War. The dwarves that reclaimed it took the Bahyrsti name as there own and there sons and daughters are some of the best fighters defending the walls of Ebonstrand and the streets of the port city of Blackwater to the south. The port city of Helt also has a significant dwarven population and dwarves are considered equal to humans and other races.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, I think I'm going to reply to the other game, first, to give @Neurotic time to work on his PC. We'll bring his character in almost right away. I see his PC being sent to help the other PCs by Lady Pendour. Will figure it out.

Remove ads