D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

Last edited:

Regardless of how one feels about the direction of the changes, I have to say that having this sort of half updates creates a mess. 5e has for a while had mutating design paradigms which results older stuff being designed with different logic that the newer stuff, and it is just getting worse. It is simply system-aesthetically unappealing and unprofessional. If I pay for stuff, I want it to be polished and coherent. 5e no longer really feels like that.
Yep this. The old stuff almost feels like it belongs in a different game to the newer stuff and it's becoming a mess. I guess it's down to not wanting to invalidate peoples printed books.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Yep this. The old stuff almost feels like it belongs in a different game to the newer stuff and it's becoming a mess. I guess it's down to not wanting to invalidate peoples printed books.
I think they just wanted to sneak a new edition in as soon as possible, mostly to answer their detractors, and had to save the core books for the anniversary. Also they know 5e is super popular, so they couldn't make the edition change too obvious. So they started with the supplement they still wanted people to use, and hope people just focus on those.

Vaalingrade

Legend
That whole thing never made sense to me; how can a race that can think and problem-solve and innovate not think creatively enough to make up their own sounds? That sounds cultural, not biological.
It's supposed to be a curse.

And it makes a lot more sense for a quirky NPC type where the DM does it for a session or two and then it's done instead of an entire campaign of a PC reaching kender levels of annoying.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases