• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Living Pathfinder]The Green Faerie

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Guess that tells us what we need to know about the connection between his crush and his disappearance," Nathan mutters as the lion leads the group to the opera house.

"Well it looks like we will get to see a show after all." Markas says with a nod to the opera house. "Who wants to do the talking?"

Nathan shrugs. "I'm no foreign liaison or anything, but I've been known to do alright spouting rhetoric," Nathan says. He looks down at his clothes and frowns.

"This won't do, though," he says.

He smoothes down the front of his tunic, saying, "You're too drab. A little brighter, huh?" As his hands move across the fabric, it does just that: the darker maroon brightens to a flashy, bright red, the black of his detailing becomes a much more ostentatious silver. He holds out his trousers at the sides. "You, too." With the smallest shudder, the trousers, too, brighten to match the tunic's pallet. The sorcerer shakes his head, and his hair falls into place with perfect grooming.

"Don't think I forgot about you," he says, pointing to his boots. The dirt and mud that has accumulated on them throughout the day leaps off as if fleeing in terror, and the boot leather is shiny and polished.

"Now," Nathan says, finally addressing the group again. "Anyone else want some sprucing up, or are we ready to go?"

[sblock=OOC]Looks like no one took ranks in Diplomacy, but Nathan has a +4 cha modifier and +8 in both Bluff and Intimidate, so he and Alnar are probably the closest the group has to a proper 'face.'

Nathan's using prestidigitation to clean and color his clothing in order to look more the part of someone a bit more upper-crust. The spell can't give any real skill modifiers, but it seemed like a reasonable application of its abilities from a fluff perspective. :)[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
"No, I like being out of place." Alnar says, wondering why Nathan is talking to his clothes.

[sblock=ooc]
Nathan's personality seems better at the "nice" diplomacy stuff if I'm not mistaken, while Alnar's is better suited with the more threatening approach ;)

Or we could go the tag team Sorcerer route.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

"No, I like being out of place." Alnar says, wondering why Nathan is talking to his clothes.

[sblock=ooc]
Nathan's personality seems better at the "nice" diplomacy stuff if I'm not mistaken, while Alnar's is better suited with the more threatening approach ;)

Or we could go the tag team Sorcerer route.
[/sblock]

"Suit yourself," he says with a shrug. "Spent enough time in rags 'cause of grandpa; it's nice to be able to at least fake nice things now I'm on my own."

[sblock=OOC]He's not built to be especially polite (that's why there's no ranks in Diplomacy), though he is fairly benign for the most part, so Nathan can play nice for the group until it's time not to. :)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Thank you but no, I think I can come off as a bodyguard," Markas says looking over the group. "And Ta a man servant of some sort, but the other." He lefts his arms in a shrug.

[sblock=OOC] I would have Alnar try aid another to help with Nathan's diplomacy check. While Ta watches using his sense motive. Markas and Williow to stand guard?? [/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Willow an Boon are preoccupied with a bit of something or other at the water's edge, so miss the whole discussion about who is going to talk pretty in the building Boon lead them to. A peal of girlish laughter escapes the feral druid as she playfully dunks the big cat's nose under the water. This elicites a soft snarl before he slathers the whole side of delicate face in canal water and his saliva with a large tongue.[sblock=OOC]If the group would like Willow's radar up during the next encounter you just need to ask.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I would have Alnar try aid another to help with Nathan's diplomacy check. [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] Sounds like a plan.

If people ask:
"This is my older brother Alnar, don't mind him he was dropped on his head as a child and has been anti-social ever since" might work :p[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

... "And Ta a man servant of some sort, but the other." He lefts his arms in a shrug.

Ta looks at his powerful frame, at least equal to Markas', his various weapons and thinks of the blood red hand on his bald head: "The servants here look like me?"

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath

gained: 2 potions of mage armor.
lost: 10pp

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Willow an Boon are preoccupied with a bit of something or other at the water's edge, so miss the whole discussion about who is going to talk pretty in the building Boon lead them to. A peal of girlish laughter escapes the feral druid as she playfully dunks the big cat's nose under the water. This elicites a soft snarl before he slathers the whole side of delicate face in canal water and his saliva with a large tongue.[sblock=OOC]If the group would like Willow's radar up during the next encounter you just need to ask.[/sblock]

Nathan shakes his head at the druid pranks the lethal cat.

"I guess we're ready to go, then? I'll see if I can make a decent enough impression; you guys watch my back, keep your eyes and ears open. I'm a fair lier, but I'm sadly not at good at catching them in others."

With that, Nathan starts into the opera house.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Nathan leads the Red Hand Society (and Alnar) into the opera house.

Inside the Opera House

The opulence of the Venza Opera House is staggering. The ruling houses wanted to make sure that there would never be any question about their cultural superiority, and so they all coordinated and constructed one of the most beautiful buildings in all of E'n. Here, in the entrance hall, the effect on the eyes is dazzling.

As for the acoustics... the walls and floors echo out in a single concert: "NO, NO, NO!"

Footsteps fill the hall as a slight, if portly, figure descends the staircase. Bedecked in finery from head to toe, he totters along, his voice shrill yet firm.

"No, you cannot be serious! Calpurnio cannot expect to perform yet another grotesque at this time, we have just completed performing Ronaldo the Jungle Orc, and we haven't yet gotten the stench out of the front seats! You would not believe the price of velvet these days, let me tell you!"

As he approaches, his diminutive stature becomes more and more apparent; between that and his accent, he is clearly a halfling. He takes one more appraising look at you, and a look of realization blossoms across his face. He slumps into a nearby chair, takes off his hat, and fans himself.

1010014002_848a9ff216.jpg

Tilsit slumps into a convenient chair to observe you.

He shakes his head. "Fine, so Calpurnio did not send you. Thank the heavens for that. My name is Tilsit Dimplecotton, opera set director extraordinaire. I have just two questions. First, what brings you to the opera, and second, is that beast properly housetrained?"

[sblock=Photo Credit]
[Opera House staircase, Paris, France] (LOC) by The Library of Congress, on Flickr
Photo of Tilsit by nessachan.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads