[Living Pathfinder]The Green Faerie

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Arriving at the door, Ta tries to find out the most obvious: Was the door smashed from the out- or the inside...

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you." a male voice states from behind the group.
... The newcomer stands his weapons still at his belt, but he watches the group cautiously.

After moving with the grace of a hunting cat to face the speaker Ta asks:
"Why not? Who are you?"

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath
Ta-Am-Ath

gained: 2 potions of mage armor.
lost: 10pp

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

[sblock=OOC]
Nathan can have the scrolls. Note, though, that you aren't going TO the Green Faerie--it's just the adventure's name.

D'oh! Sorry 'bout that. Edited my previous post to fix the mistake.
[/sblock]

This must be the place; Carnemorto's apartments. Perhaps it belongs to a noble family long ago, but the place looks like it should be a little better kept if it is to be an nobleman's apartments.

But what gave Alnar pause, was the front door. It stands ajar, its heavy hardwood smashed in. The metal door lock lies bent on the floor in the doorway. A few drops of blood made a line from the apartments to the water.

This looks bad. Alnar says looking at the door. Someone go check the water to see if our employer is in there. I'm going in to have a poke around to see if I find anything.

"Are we sure splitting up is a good idea?" Nathan asks, pulling out his dagger.

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you." a male voice states from behind the group.

"See? Even random passers by think ... wait, who are you, exactly?" Nathan asks.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Guardsman..." the man starts to say and then sighs. "Sorry, my name is Markas. I was a guardsman but no longer. Guess I had that title so long it will be hard to..." he shakes his head sadly and then fits the helment over it.

"I was approached by a man named Umberto Gabbiano. He asked me to check this place out." Markas says looking over the group eyes widening a little at the tiger and small wild half-elf.

"And who are all of you and what are you doing here?" he asks guardedly hand resting on his pommel.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Guardsman..." the man starts to say and then sighs. "Sorry, my name is Markas. I was a guardsman but no longer. Guess I had that title so long it will be hard to..." he shakes his head sadly and then fits the helment over it.

"I was approached by a man named Umberto Gabbiano he asked me to meet him here, this morning." Markas says looking over the group eyes widening a little at the tiger and small wild half-elf.

"And who are all of you and what are you doing here?" he asks guardedly hand resting on his pommel.

"Red Hand Society, most of us," he says, undoing the bracer on his wrist to lift his sleeve and show Kanli's arcane mark. Then he frowns as he replaces sleeve and bracer.

"...which probably doesn't mean much to anyone outside the Dunn Wright since Kanli just made it up," he says. Then he pales.

"Kanli went with this schlub yesterday to get the body. What if they were together when whatever it is happened ... " Nathan shakes his head. "That's it. Nathan, Ta, Willow, Boon, Alnar," he says, pointing to each in a rapid-fire introduction to the newcomer.

"Introductions over. Answers now."

With that, he holds his hand palm up. "Okay guys, how about playing decoy?" he says. As if in response, small, glowing spheres rise up from his fingertips. They spin in the air rapidly a moment before coalescing into a vaguely humanoid form, then they 'walk' in through the gap in the door.

[sblock=OOC]I realize Kanli's just fine, but I figure there's no real way for Nathan to know that at the moment, so I also figured it wouldn't hurt to play up the uncertainty.

Nathan casts Dancing Lights, using the 'humanoid shape' option, and sending it through the door first in hopes of triggering an ambush if there is one.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Don't go in then. Alnar says to the stranger and Ethan as he walks over to the water, peering in to see if he can see anything in there.

[sblock=ooc]
Is the blood fresh of dried? Also looking into the water.

Perception = 7
[/sblock]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
The events of this scene actually occur the same day you met Umberto. Umberto arrives, asks for help, and asks to meet up with him again at the Dunn Wright Inn tomorrow. Alnar takes the address and heads off, the Red Hand Society heads off after him, and they all meet Markas here.
[/sblock]

Ta approaches the door, and notes that it has been bashed inward. Willow and Boon join him and examine the doorway. Boon sniffs the air, but does not grow tense.

Alnar follows the blood trail to the water. The drops are dried, and there could have easily been a boat here, but there is not one now.

Ta joins Markas and Alnar at the landing as Nathan sends in his light. There is silence. In the light, Willow sees no one, hears no one, smells no one. She sees a stairwell up, a broken sideboard, and some papers scattered about the hall. Of particular interest is that there is a bloody smudge on the wall, about 6 and a half feet off the ground.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] So right now Kanli and Umberto are headed to the swamp. Now I think I have what's going on. [/sblock]

"I'm sorry I was melodramatic," Markas says to the group. "What I meant was you shouldn't go in there first. I will." He says drawing his sword and raising his shield up till it is under his chin.

Crouching in a guard postion he keeps the sword held at the ready. (Strange the sword looks to be lightly stained yellowish-green in places. :erm:)

[sblock=Guard postion]
Total defense = AC 23 [/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
You should have been more specific. Alnar says to Markas as he walks into the room behind him. Wow this looks bad, looks like a break in. He walks over to the blood smudge on the wall. Someone was, or is tall... so either they escaped in boat or was taken away in one. Better look upstairs.

Here this will work better, Alnar says touching Markas's sword and which flairs with bright light.

[sblock=actions]
Light spell on the sword.
[/sblock]

Remove ads