LOST - Wednesday 10/05/05 9:00 PM EDT

Cutter XXIII said:
Can't recall their names, but the orientation film mentions the two Doctoral students, husband and wife, who came up with the Dharma Initiative. I think those two are the season 1 cave-corpses dubbed "Adam & Eve."

I just watched that episode a couple nights ago, and Jack says that it would have taken 40 or 50 years (can't remember exactly) for the bodies and clothes to deteriorate as much as they had.

As I said, I can't remember exactly how many years he said, but it was a lot longer that the 25 years since that Orientation movie was copyrighted.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Fast Learner said:
The psych ward patient that gives Hurley the numbers doesn't have to have been Desmond's partner: he could have been anyone who was subjected to the experiment in the last 25 years.

Any reason to disbelieve the story that they overheard the numbers on a radio frequency while listening to transmisions in the Pacific Ocean? We know it was being broadcast (for whatever reason), as the French woman told them that she got the numbers from the transmision before chaning it. He seems to have gone insane because of the horrible luck brought about by the use of the numbers, as Hurly can attest.

I don't believe he was ever involved in the experiments on the island.

I don't think the countdown is just a psyche test. That would be too anti-climatic, I think, unless they can offer up something beyond it just being their new bed and breakfast. Admittedly, why it can't be automated, or whatever I can't explain. However, on an island as weird as this one, I can't help but think this isn't the place to run across a normal psyche test. There's something to it.

Taelorn76

First Post
Here on the east coast the re-aired this weeks episode. But the previews for next weeks were different.
[sblock]They showed the Charlie confronting Hurley and the shower seen. The they cut to Micheal and Sawyer and say we will find more answers about the others(tail section peeps) Shows Ana Lucia leading them thru a dark tunnel and into a bigger room with a blonde woman. I could't tell who said it but it sounded like Sawyer saying "I thought you said there were twenty three" With the blonde woman replying "there were". Then they cut to Jin speaking english.[/sblock]

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Cutter XXIII said:
4 5 8 15 16 23 42. What does that do, mathematically speaking?

I have not yet seen anyone come up with anything it fits - no meaningful sequence, no obscure mathematical model or lost/unsolved function - so it's probably just something they came up with.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Michelle Rodriguez's character may have been another marshal. That could explain why she turned on the guys the minute Sawyer told her whom the gun had belonged to.
Well, that and she doesn't want her big black companion shot. :confused:

Remove ads