[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

Songdragon

Visitor
Zelena shakes her head at Iserd and turns to leave with the others. She then looks up and nods to Borric, "Please. That fly spell should still still be in effect as well... On the way back, you might want to give Eneko a little fly around. It would make his day."

Back in Gist she thanks Eneko for his time and asks with a smile, "So what are the damages, as one might say, for your help?"
 
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Visitor
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric had forgotten the fly spell was still working, and looking down he sees himself a few inches off the ground. He takes Zelena's suggestion and gives the little guy ride to remember. At one point Borric is flying around dangling the halfling by his ankle and laughing. "All in good fun, mate. All in good fun."

"I think the trip through the air should be worth most of his payment. It is not like he will get a chance to do that everyday. Unless he befriends some giants and they take a shine to some hobbit tossin'."


Diplomacy Aid Another: 1D20-1=7

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Eneko's shrieks of delight (tinged with more than a little fear, perhaps) ring out over the misshapen trees of the edge of the swamp. He laughs so much he can barely stand.

"I should stick to land and water, I think! You all can keep this flying business for yourselves." He laughs again when Zelena asks him the price for his help and Borric tries to bargain the price down. He makes a round and shakes everyone's hand. "Adventurers! Tighter than a..." The halfling glances at Zelena and flushes red. "Ah, a miser's moneypurse. Keep your money. I've some new stories to tell in the tavern tonight."

He grins, puts a knuckle to his forehead in a sloppy, half salute, and saunters off down the dock of Gist.
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric waves farewell and remarks, "Heh, I sorta like the lil' bloke."

"Let's go see about returning these bones and rescuing the sage."
His expression turns from humor to more seriousness at this last remark. While Eneko was entertaining to have around, the rats and stuffy sage will likely be more business-like.

He begins walking towards the residence of Aquos.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
The walk familiar from the previous journey from Aquos' library-temple to the docks is made quickly. Upon entering the building the swarm of rats that comprises Aquos' flesh rushes to greet them. They run around the group in a chaotic circle until the bag of bones is opened and laid upon the ground. The rats rush over to the bones and as the creatures scramble over them the rats seem to dissolve and reform on the bones as twitching muscle, organs and finally skin.

Naked as the day he was born Aquos stumbles to his feet though he does have the decency to grab the bag and wrap it around his waist to cover his skinny cheeks and other parts unmentionable.

"Quick! The Holy Fish must be returned to the waters of the pool!" He turns and darts deeper into the temple though he stumbles and in his attempt to keep his feet inadvertently flashes a glimpse of his backside to those behind him.
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric doesn't move after the sage, looking at his companions for a moment in silence.

Then he asks, "What do you think he is going to say when he hears about fish fritters?"

While the attractive looking hag had her secrets, the part about the holy fish appeared to be the truth. He begins to wonder if they should not have gone to the fishmonger on the way.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
 

Songdragon

Visitor
Zelena looks up to Borric, "Not likley to take it all that well."

With a sigh she takes a step forward and tries to calm the frantic man running about, "Aqous." And calls his name again to get his scattered attention, "Aqous!"

"We do not have good news regarding the... Holy Fish." She decides to add some reverence to the fish to please the man. "It would seem that Iserd, cooked up the Holy Fish and ate it."

And stop any myriad of questions the man might through at them, "Yes, we are quite sure on this matter. The woman was rather forthcoming on the matter and yes, we all were able to sense she was telling the truth. She had no beleif that it was holy at all and did it to spite you over some matter. I am sorry Aqous."
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric is glad he did not taste the fish himself, though he remembers being tempted at the time. He doesn't think he could stand there and look innocent if Aquos goes off about the fish's becoming dinner.

He adds his two coppers, "Yeah, sorry about that... Couldn't you just find a new one or something?"

The brash fighter wonders if there is a combination temple and fishmonger in Gist that they missed while walking around.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
 

Gerald007

Visitor
"By the time we arrived, it was too late for the fish. The witch had already polished it off."

Syl was worried how Aquos was going to take the news about that, so he waited for the sage's reaction before mentioning any of the other strange goings on at Iserd's. Maybe he could shed some light on the undead activity as well.


Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Aquos returns to the room hastily belting on the robe that was left lying on the floor when Iserd used her curse to turn him into a swarm of rats. He blinks rapidly as if trying to process the information given him, then when he does, the blood drains from his face and he looks as if he is about to faint.

"It is gone? But, but..."

The tiefling's shoulders droop, his head drops til his chin is nearly resting on his chest and his twitchy ears for once fall still.

"Ah, the world is a darker place now that the light of knowledge of the Bradan Feasa has gone out of it! I am sure you did what you could to stop it. Gloom and despair until a bitter end, now, I fear. Alas and alack, I find myself made speechless with the loss that rises within like a black tide that drowns hope..." Aquos raises his head and looks scandalized at Borric's suggestion that he simply find a new fish but there is a new light in his eye. "A rededication? Perhaps there is more under those plates of armor than the muscled oaf I took you to be!" He gets a far-away look as plans begin to churn through his mind.

Finally, he shakes his head and turns back to the group. "I am restored because of you and you, you have returned triumphant from the mount of dwarves and the nest of that viper, Iserd! Such heroes! Even if you couldn't save the Holy One that is no reason to not cherish those accomplishments! Knowledge is not dead; tell me what you learned during your sojourn into the depths of Khuldun."
 

Gerald007

Visitor
"Well, this probably isn't a big surprise, but there were a lot of undead present. Oh, and there was what appeared to be a magical gate there. Zelena might be able to describe it better, but it appeared to be sort of a large teleportation circle. We weren't sure we wanted to use it without knowing exactly what it did, to be honest."


Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric notices the reaction of the sage and how is already appears to be looking for the next holy fish and looks at his companions with an arched eyebrow and a knowing nod.

He comments rhetorically, "We can sure pick them, can't we?"

The brash fighter looks back to Aquos and adds to what Syl said, "I think there was some mention of the dangerous and ancient foes on the other side of these portals too. I think we are most interested in what me might face and our ability to come back after going through the thing."

"There were symbols and such around it, like we could possibly determine where it might lead, maybe?"


[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
 

Songdragon

Visitor
Zelena nods at the others descriptions and adds, "I had expected more of a dwarven keep, but perhaps it was more legend than fact."

She seems to think on the matter a moment and says, "Perhaps it was not so much a dwarven hold, but more of a way station of a sort. As my friends have mentioned there was a what I believe to be one of the Gate of E'n. I believe that I have figured out the basics and could activate the gate, but I convinced the others to try and get some more information first."

She then goes on to describe the gate they discovered as well as the dark elemental guardians. After her descriptions, "So Aqous, do you think you have anything that might help us?"
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Aquos rubs his hands together eagerly warming up for the rambling lecture to follow.

"Yes! Yes, legend does frequently outstrip fact. A fascinating topic of research I would imagine though difficult to study... But set that aside for the moment. After the last time you were here I took it upon myself to study more about this Khuldun. The written record is notoriously thin, like all things dwarven from ages long past. Recent history, not a problem, but ancient history and their origins... next to impossible. But I persevered! And the clues you have provided me draw the pieces together like iron filings to a magnet.

That armor you wear, Master Hawkins, the purest dwarven style I have yet seen which leads me to believe that Khuldun is old. Very old. But it was incomplete, never finished. Barely started even, when its residents were destroyed though in trying to find out who those destroyers were I failed miserably. That dwarves still remained there, twisted and mad? The implication is that they were refugees from one of the ancient lost holds of the dwarves. The dark creatures you described lend credence to that thesis and could have been remnants of the dark powers that cast the dwarves from their ancestral fastnesses!

I'm sure you have made the same conclusion that I have by now: that gate could very well travel beyond this mortal plane to the lost Paths where sit the lost fortresses of the ancient dwarves! The foes beyond could be very dangerous indeed. Legend is extremely varied on the subject and it would be impossible for me to give you any fact on what you might find. If you risk it, you should expect the worst."


Aquos sighs deeply seemingly worn by his excited monologue. He holds up one finger in warning.

"Presuming, of course, that you are correct and can indeed activate the gate. The metal disc does seem like a key and if you carry it with you you should theoretically be able to use it to return. The detail surrounding the gate is most intriguing and would require further study before I could say with any certainty whether it affects the gate operation. I have never heard of any of the ancient gates that could tune to different locations but I won't rule out the possibility."

The tiefling stops his discourse and stands blinking as if he has lost his train of thought or been derailed onto other possibilities.

"Ah, yes, so..."
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric listens to the sage talk about the dwarven stronghold. When he finishes, the brash fighter quips to his companions wryly, "The armor was dwarven, huh? Well that explains why it feel tight in the crotch and I don't have enough room down there."

He looks back at Aquos and continues, "I am not a painter so trying to make a picture of the symbols that we saw is not going to happen... at least not by me. You want us to take you back out there and you can look for yourself?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
 

Gerald007

Visitor
"It's a long, uncomfortable trip, Aquos, but if you don't have anything to do for a couple months, I'd be fine with you accompanying us. We also met a set of hags that might fancy you as well," Syl smiles, remembering their last interaction.

"Sigh...yes Waltor, I remember that the pretty one liked you. Don't get too arrogant."





Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
"I've had my fill of hags, thank you very much." Aquos shudders. "No, I couldn't possibly go with you. Who would do the temple work? And then there is my research and correspondences. I just could not get away." He looks at Sylvain and waggles his fingers in the air. "Don't you have some sort mystical ritual you can perform to let me see through your eyes or the like?"
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter



Borric shakes his head, "Sorry, mate. I am fresh out of magical talents myself. Unless you are counting what I can do to the ladies between the blankets, heh, heh. Some have said what I can do there is magical. Some have even admit to finding God."

"But that is not going to help you see through my eyes out there in the dwarven stronghold. What about leaving the temple acolytes to take care of things and...? You don't even have the holy fish that needs feeding anymore."


Borric doesn't have any idea what temple the sage is talking about.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]
 

Gerald007

Visitor
"I wish I did, Aquos. I'd feel much better trying this gate,if I could get a bit of your advice and knowledge about it. But unfortunately, that sort of magic is beyond me. Do you have any books around here advising on the proper operation of one of these magical circles?"





Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock][/QUOTE]
 

Songdragon

Visitor
"Well..." the gnome seems to consider the issue at hand. "There are scrying spells. I am unable to cast such spell at this time. I beleive you might be able to cast such a spell too Syl, if you had the spell that is." The gnome starts to walk about her companions as she goes over the issue, "But there are ways around this, scrolls of instance. I believe that there might be items, mirrors I believe, that can do so as well."

"But it is not us that would need to scry upon Aquos, it would be he that would look in on us. And if given something like a lock of hair or the like, would be able to do so with relative ease." She looks up to everyone, "I guess the question is, if we were able to acquire the spell in some manner, can you use it? I suppose another could cast it and as long as you were present you could view the same image through the water or bowl that would be needed, depending on the caster. First things first.

Zelena looks directly at Aqous and asks, "Are you a spellcaster of any sort, and if you are, which and how powerful?"

[sblock=Scrying] Scrying spell... Level bard 3, cleric/oracle 5, druid 4, sorcerer/wizard 4, witch 4

So this is out of Zelena's ability right now. But there are scrolls which depending on the type of caster is the cost of...

There is a good chance that a message spell can be uses through such a spell (only 20% at 4th level... 25% at 5th) or you goo with Greater scrying and it does work for sure

700 gp for a 4th level scroll
1,125 gp cost for a 5th level scroll
2,275 gp for a 7th level scroll

Or we hire a spellcaster or someone with a crystal ball. I am not sure if it would be much cheeper.

And I will assume a Crystal ball is out of the question at 42000 for a normal one.[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top