log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] Buyer's Remorse

Gerald007

First Post
After the children are put to bed, Syl engages in a quick discussion with the group. "I'm not going to be able to sleep for a while, guys. And I know we killed the dog, but just to be on the safe side, we should probably be sure nothing else is coming for the family. Waltor and I can stay up the first few hours if someone else can handle the tail end of the night."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric pulls a cloth from his pack and starts dabbing at the wound, watching Syl bring Thaddeus back from the brink of death. He claps both men on the back, "Jolly well done, mates! Thought we were going to buy it for sure there in the end."

He checks the satchel and smiles at their employer, "See? That blasted piker of a mage didn't know what caliber of men you hired. Well, he might have been right about Iosef, but at least the boy is alive. Hey guys? I do believe we are pretty rich. Not bad for two days work and practically dying twice. We shall drink heavily in honor of our fallen comrade tomorrow. Then some good whoring too."

As congratulations are passed around and talk of a banquet is mentioned, Borric is all smiles at the prospect of free food and drink, allowing him to save his money for other pursuits. He still isn't used to the fact he has just come into a sizable amount of coin.

"I will stand a watch whenever, as long as I can drink. Secalli, you got any ale or wine around here. I need something to deaden the pain from my wound."

He grabs a chair and sits his armored butt down, prepared to drink for a few hours keeping Syl company. He can sleep tomorrow morning in the coach ride while he and Syl head together to look for a new job.

OOC: Treasure distribution: Those spent items were for party benefit, split the cost evenly. Borric wants to take the following:
Silver longsword - 30gp
Cold Iron Shortsword - 20gp
Chain Shirt - 100gp
2 x CLW Potions - 100gp

Remaining treasure: 1399gp, 5sp, 5cp

Updated my sheet, BTW. Now, off to spending my money. :p

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 1
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (w/ +1 Cloak)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & nothing[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins
 

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: I'll keep the Silver Long Sword (30 gp) and take the 1619,5,5 in gold (or generic stuff that is equivalent to gold). Iosef is not that inclined to take a souvenir of this fight


The young paladin sleeps fitfully, haunted by his failures. In the morning he is taciturn and reserved, gathering his treasure and riding back to town in silence.
 

Gerald007

First Post
"Keep your head up, Iosef. I am sure tomorrow will bring another chance to prove your faithfulness! I would suggest chalking this up as a learning experience" Syl tries to be as comforting as he can to the young paladin.
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric banters, "Yes, let's keep the faith. Just head with me down to the Temple of Her Heavenly Bosom and we can get that frown turn right-side up."

OOC: I actually have a 2nd level Monk playing for me. This dude went through an entire kobold lair, missed every crossbow bolt and unarmed attack. Worst luck. And he came away with 2 injuries as well.

First combat in the next adventure, he finally hits once, but rolls a 1 on damage. LOL. After the battle he gained 2nd level.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 1
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & nothing[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Secalli finds Borric a cask of young, but pleasant red wine, as well as offering up a cask of Magatha's Cider - a potent brew which the old woman has christened Apple Knobbler. After handing pewter tankards over to those who want them Secalli turns in, obviously elated but exhausted.

The next morning mrs Secalli and the servants are up with the dawn and the deliscious smells of cookery waft through the house. Breakfast, for those who can bring themselves to attend is flatbread soaked in egg and fried with bacon and cheese on side platters to top it off - Magatha refers to the bread as Eggy Cobbles which seems to amuse young Nate.

Bertrand takes the coach into the City, dropping off any who don't wish to attend the feast, and returns in the afternoon laden down with provisions. Soon a whole pig is turning upon a spit in the fire place, and Magatha stands before a cauldron into which a small shark is placed along with a bewildering assortment of vegetables and spices. Florian Secalli takes the children out to pick apples for a pie. And drink flows freely ensuring a convivial atmosphere.

In the late afternoon the feat is ready and Mrs Secalli emerges with a beautiful flute, while one of the servants produces a battered lute. The food is delicious especially Magatha's shark soup - with bite - for those brave enough to try it and with a taste for spice. Secalli breaks open a small cask of Blackspur Brandy which is supposed to be used by the famous Blackspur Knights to keep them warm in the air upon their weird flying mounts - and certainly warms up anyone who tries it.

Once things eventually begin to settle down, after some impromptu dancing in which a cackling Magatha attempts to force Borric onto the dance floor. The Secallis insist the heroes stay the night.

The next morning with fond fairwells, and promises of eternal welcome if they are ever nearby the Secallis see them off and Bertrand drives them back to Venza in triumph.

THE END

OOC: Of course the tavern has not advanced at all since you left, and its been 3 days in game. Just don't worry about it, tavern threads don't work if you get too caught up with accurate time keeping. Assume you have plenty of time to visit shops, and pop into the Mystic Pearl for magic items, etc.



OOC: Feel free to RP more, and even retroactively if you wish. But for all intents and purposes this ends the adventure. Well done folks, I enjoyed playing with you! Still 1 more place left in A Soul Indiscretion, but we kick of shortly so let me know!
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
 

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Thanks for running the game, DM. Had a blast!

And I think we all have an experience like Iosef had this game. I usually play casters and have had at least one that had every spell saved against at first level. Sleep? Will save 19, Grease? Reflex save 18. And so on. It's a nightmare while you are living it, lol.

DM, I am going to run over to the magic shop and look around. Do you want us to post again in the tavern, or will you have a thread up soon for the game?
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Yes post in the tavern please, the thread for A Soul Indiscretion is already up, you can post there once you have introduced yourself to Cororal Lorrazio, etc.

I've run two Paladins from 1st in PF both have succumbed to fear effect at least once, then as soon as they became immune never a one to be seen grrrr. It really adds insult to injury being a pally.
 

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Last question, DM, and I'll be good to go. I bought some scrolls from the Magic Shop to teach my familiar new spells. May I have time to attempt those rolls before the next adventure? And if so, should I make the spellcraft rolls in this thread, or should I make them in the new thread?
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: 1 day, or 2 if you went in with Bertrand picked up the scrolls and spent the feat day scribing, so only 1 or 2 would be familiar insertable, assuming they take a similar time to wizards. I believe you can scribe during adventuring days now - I know you can craft, it counts as 1/4 of a day or something - so you might be able to "scribe" them to your familiar during the adventure.
 

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Actually, per the witch rules, I only need 6 hours. 1 hour per spell level of each scroll...so 6 first level scrolls. I think they balance the shorter time with the fact that the scroll is destroyed if the spellcraft check isn't made.
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Go for it. Not really a balancing factor imo, not that it really needs to be, as most Witches can likely take 10 and auto succeed. They do have a far more limited spell list than Wizards afterall.
 

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: I wasn't sure if I could take 10 on Spellcraft checks for this purpose. If I can do that, I will, giving me totals of 18, and auto succeeding.
 



An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top