[LPF] Buyer's Remorse

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Sorry I wasn't more help back there . . . couldn't get the rhythm right." Brân's expressive voice conveys his embarassment clearly; if Tengu could blush it's plain he'd be a nice, rosy red.

rb780nm

First Post
"I will take that silver longsword, if no one has any objections? Even if this isn't a werewolf, a silver weapon might be useful against it."

OOC: we each get ~120 gp worth of loot, if we're being even. I think the fairest way is everyone picks an item or so they really want, then if there's no overlap, we can distribute and then try to distribute the rest roughly evenly. Someone should definitely keep the cold iron sword to hand, incase the creature is sensitive to that...

I'll yield the longsword if there is someone else who'll use it.

"Never mind, friend," he tells Bran, "I suspect there will be plenty more opportunities to swing your whip tonight."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric is happy with the outcome, "Nice job there, Thaddeus. Glad you did not let the treacherous blighter live, he needed and deserved the harsh justice of steel."

"By all means let's have people take and use the items that benefit us all the most. I will take that cold iron weapon should this hound be a creature of the Planes while Iosef uses the silver sword. Maybe the injured or those with low thresholds for wounds take the potions. As far as I am concerned Syl can take both acid flasks for now. Anyone need anything else, armor maybe? If not we can just pack it up with us and worry about it later."

"But as for more permanent decisions, I suggest we wait until the end before anyone walks away from this job with any loot."

[sblock=OOC][MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION]; I will stick with the dark red, just as well. But I suggest either Thaddeus or Iosef change colors since it would appear that they are now the same.

re: Treasure Distribution
I suggest ALL treasure be community property until we reach the end of the adventure. We divide up usable items (weapons, potions, acid flasks, etc...) as they come up and if they are used up it doesn't come out of any one individual's share unless they were selfish about it.

When it comes time to split the group up and divide up all the loot, then for things like armor and weapons, we can let people take the value of the item out of their share of the treasure distribution, essentially buying the item from the party like a any shopkeeper would. Our treasury is also misleading since most items are really only worth 1/2 value as cash, something to remember when we divide things up.

I have used this method often and it is fair and ensures that isn't any squabbling over loot in the long run. If we had a place to keep track of the treasury, that would be nice[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC][MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION]; I will stick with the dark red, just as well. But I suggest either Thaddeus or Iosef change colors since it would appear that they are now the same.

re: Treasure Distribution
I suggest ALL treasure be community property until we reach the end of the adventure. We divide up usable items (weapons, potions, acid flasks, etc...) as they come up and if they are used up it doesn't come out of any one individual's share unless they were selfish about it.

When it comes time to split the group up and divide up all the loot, then for things like armor and weapons, we can let people take the value of the item out of their share of the treasure distribution, essentially buying the item from the party like a any shopkeeper would. Our treasury is also misleading since most items are really only worth 1/2 value as cash, something to remember when we divide things up.

I have used this method often and it is fair and ensures that isn't any squabbling over loot in the long run. If we had a place to keep track of the treasury, that would be nice[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure Distribution]Quite sensible, and I agree. Note, however, than in LPF items sell for book value. We decided that the added simplicity this brings in terms of bookkeeping and deciding how much treasure to hand out in adventures would outweigh the lack of realism.[/sblock]

Ace Cipher Zero

First Post
[sblock=Treasure Distribution]Quite sensible, and I agree. Note, however, than in LPF items sell for book value. We decided that the added simplicity this brings in terms of bookkeeping and deciding how much treasure to hand out in adventures would outweigh the lack of realism.[/sblock]
[sblock=My inner Econ Major is speaking out...]Unrealistic? Why? They're just doing that to build a working relationship with our characters, so that when we want a Masterwork item forged, we go to their shop instead of John's High-grade Weapons Emporium down the street. :cool:[/sblock]

OOC: Buuut anyways, if nobody has any complaints I'll be putting on that Chain Shirt then. Woohoo, less check penalty to both of my trained skills!

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The carriage rumbles onwards for a little over two hours and as the light begins to fade into darkness. Suddenly you begin to hear harsh threatening barks as if from a pack of ferocious dogs and between the booming barks the terrified screams of a little girl! The carriage skids to an ungainly halt as Florian Secalli screams,

"Elsa! Get away from her!"

Emerging from the carriage you see a large country cottage before you, the door is covered in claw marks as if the dogs have been scrabbling against it. But more importantly a terrified little girl eyes red with tears face sits in the branches of an apple tree alternating between screaming and whimpering. Around the base of the tree sit five black dogs, three are relatively small compared to the massive hound in the center of the pack, and a burly bull mastiff sitting to one side.

The hounds turn to regard Secalli and speak in one eerily unified voice, thick with regret and weariness,

"Yours I am as you agreed,
bound to me by lust and greed.
Jealous am I of those too near,
for owning me the cost is dear.

I shall bind you unto death,
until you join me with your last breath.
To be rid of me you must betray,
get your nearest love to pay.

Rejoice that you are so bound,
to the stolen wish the Golden Hound.
In full moons light the price is paid,
another shall die should one evade.

Know that death is no escape.
Your soul shall take another shape.
Hound and Master now transposed,
the iron collar bound and forever closed."

The hounds turn back to their watch upon the tree, baying at poor Elsa Secalli eveytime she so much as moves. Each does indeed wear an iron collar with what looks like a name etched into the metal. They show no signs of wishing to attack you or Secalli. The Goldsmith turns to you wringing his hands,

"Please, you have to save my little girl! I never meant for any of this to happen gods why are you punishing me? Nothing can happen to Elsa, I lost my son already, no more, no more."

BuyersRemorseMap2aa.jpg

Last edited:

Ace Cipher Zero

First Post
OOC: Well, I still haven't updated my character, but don't have the consciousness let to do it tonight. Anyways my AC's still the same, so I guess its time to roll init.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Brân's Initiative

[sblock=GM]As we'd have known (conceivably) when we were drawing close to the manor, can we say that Brân spent the last 30 seconds or so 'talking tactics' with the others, thus putting his 'Careful Tactician' ability into play? I think it's reasonable to assume that we'd be expecting trouble, and the benefits last for an hour so it would make sense that he'd 'prep' the group ahead of time.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads