• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Men, women, insecurity & alcohol [** NEW UPDATE, DEC 2005 **]

Women, Men and Liquor

So once upon a time in a land far far away:

Four guys went to a bar, after much drinking ( about 8-12shots of shapps, goldslagga, southern comfort and some mysterious black concoction):

Guy 1: I have been thinking of pick up lines and i have come up with the perfect one

Guy 2: Cool..pick up lines suck...you should just go up and say hello, it always works

Guy 3: so what is it? hmmm

Guy 1: Fat Penguins

Guys 2, 3 and 4: Whattt???

Guy 1: It's perfect! look a fat penguin...what happens when a fat penguin walks on ice?
Guy 2: huh?
Guy 3 ( science professor): It moves faster because of its weight and the lack of friction on a flat surface
Guy 4: You are an idiot.
Guy 1: you are all stupid...a fat penguin breaks the ice! get it, you are trying to break the ice!
Guys 2, 3 and 4: You are an Idiot!
Guy 1: anhuh, i will bet it will work.
Guy 2 ( a bit too drunk): hmmm (goes wandering off)
Guy 2: Hi there
Unsuspecting Girl: Hi
Guy 2: Fat penguins!
Girl: What???
Guy 2: Fat Penguins
Girl: How dare you call me fat*****
Guy 2:I am trying to break the ice, get it
Girl: you are such an***
Guy2: I need a drink..(passes out on the bar before it was finished and spent countless hours in the bathroom)

I have left the names out to protect the guilty and the innocent...errr..i mean dumb ***

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
You know what's wild? I bet I can reconstruct the conversation from her point of view.

glass's conversation from GFB's presepective said:
GFB: Are you going to do a glass-collecting run for me?

glass: No.

Let's cut her a bit of slack. Maybe she was fishing for a joke or funny response and misinterpreted your remark as being angry and bitter. But even then, the gal has got a bit of thin skin.

No matter how you interpret things, it doesn't look like it would have panned out past the first date. Sorry man. Better go back to juggling anvils.

glass

(he, him)
BiggusGeekus said:
You know what's wild? I bet I can reconstruct the conversation from her point of view.

Let's cut her a bit of slack. Maybe she was fishing for a joke or funny response and misinterpreted your remark as being angry and bitter. But even then, the gal has got a bit of thin skin.
I thought 'I might have done if you'd rushed over and hugged me' was a funny response. OK, so it wasn't going to win any Perrier awards, but it wasn't bad off-the-cuff.

As for angry and bitter, I'm pretty sure I said it with a smile. :)

EDIT: Also, thinking back, I think I said something like 'I don't think so', rather than a flat no.

No matter how you interpret things, it doesn't look like it would have panned out past the first date. Sorry man. Better go back to juggling anvils.
Since I joined a gym a couple of weeks ago, I feel like that's what been doing! :heh:

glass.

Last edited:

glass

(he, him)
BiggusGeekus said:
Actually I did feel a bit bad about not helping her, because I knew she wasn't getting paid (although she was getting free drinks for the evening).

But per this bit of advice upthread (and lots of similar advice I have heard over the years)...
Joshua Dyal said:
Indeed. And you've got some great responses there, yourself. This harks back to patented Teflon_Billy advice: don't be a sop to the girls; they like to see that you can stand up for yourself. He would call it being just a bit of a jerk; I suppose that's one way to look at it.
...I didn't think doing favours just because a pretty girl smiled at me was a particularly smart move. It would have removed the incentive to do anything more than smile. ;)

And I did load the empties from our table into the carrier for her, as a consolation prize.

glass.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
fusangite said:
It's true. Wishful thinking can result in serious data corruption for some people.

there's that, and "she can't possibly be flirting with me could she? nah, must not be."

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
fusangite said:
Seriously, outside of Hollywood movies, when do men ever make that error?

until my mid-20s, i did all the time. then i said, "hey stupid, i think she's trying to tell you something." ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads