• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Men, women, insecurity & alcohol [** NEW UPDATE, DEC 2005 **]

Rel

Liquid Awesome
fusangite said:
Most people, not just women, are loath to say "no" to people unless absolutely backed into a corner.

Some are spineless enough that they won't even say "no" then. This is why I always recommend backing them into a corner. ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Joshua Dyal said:
You can "back me into a corner" anytime, Rel, you sexy beast.

This reminds me of an old saying that I just made up...

"A day without D&D is like a day at ENWorld without friendly homoeroticism."

fusangite

First Post
BOZ said:
it always seems to be more easily intuited when watching one person flirt with another, than it is to be on the recieving end when not expecting it. :)
It's true. Wishful thinking can result in serious data corruption for some people.

glass

(he, him)
fusangite said:
If you ask for someone's number and they don't give it to you, they mean "No. You can't have my number." Any response to a request for a number that does not include the correct sequence of numbers is a "no." Examples of statements meaning "no"
- any sequence of more less than or more than 7 (or 10 if you have ten-digit local dialing)
That'd be 8 digits in Coventry (or more likely, 11 digits for a mobile no).

I would suggest that you avoid asking questions with yes/no answers. Most people, not just women, are loath to say "no" to people unless absolutely backed into a corner.
I've heard that bit of advice before, but I always seem to forget it when it comes to the crunch.

glass.

glass

(he, him)
StupidSmurf said:
Oh indeed, indeed....I meant in general :) Lord knows, I like to let loose with a pressure-relieving polemic now and then!
I know that this is vitriol, no solutions, spleen venting but I feel better having railed on you...
-'Ignoreland', REM
:)

glass.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads