Metal School

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ian, more than anyone else but possibly Rob Halford, pretty much defined my ideal metal vocalist- power, range, control...had it all!

Herschel

Adventurer
Well, the Queensryche divorce rages on. Tate's "Frequency Unknown" came out yesterday and I have to admit, I like a lot of it but really find myself missing Scott Rockenfield's playing and sound. The bass is fine and the guest guitarists are okay, but it was missing a lot of that instrumental chemistry I expect.

Contrast that with "Redemption" the single put out by Rockenfield/Wilton/Jackson et al. Todd LaTorre doesn't have the pipes of Tate, not even close to the depth and tone. Michael Wilton also sounds like a guest guitarist on the solo and kind of directionless. Rockenfield's drumming is there and gives it that familiar foundation with Jackson along side. It's only one song and hard to extrapolate to a whole album but from teh evidence at hand neither side are as good without the other.

Herschel

Adventurer
I know a lot of people like the Doors, but I'd really love to see Ian Astbury and The Cult tour. It seems he ends up splitting his time a lot.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I think he's also losing his control a bit, too. The last few times I've seen him perform- on video- he hasn't sounded as sharp as he has in the past.

Remove ads