Metal School

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Been listening to the postumly released videos from Static X.

I’m told the new vocalist (Ethan Dope?) sounds a bit like Wayne Static so I’m not sure which parts are Wayne’s last recordings and which Dope is doing.

Back to work... The Cult is definitely born out of old metal. They were around long before they hit it big and opened for many AOR acts in the late 80s. Fire Woman was the hit that launched them to fame which was in the same vein as Gn'R. New but not quiet grunge. Stripped down but not naked and left wanting. They were part of the last true metal warriors of the 80s that were able to eek out an existence through grunge. Not many acts were able to do that.

Huh I see another chapter in the works...

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Just dropping by with this early '80s memory. I would occasionally see this gorgeous, tiny (about 5'-nothing) creature around our local shopping mall, the Bramalea City Centre. Later in life she started singing Torch Songs and showed that she actually had one hell of a voice.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I've been a fan of folk metal for quite a while now, and ever since discovering the HU I've been interested in finding new bands from different countries you don't normally think of as having metal bands.
I just recently discovered Bloodywood. They're a Hindu folk metal band with sort of a nu-metal Rage Against the Machine vibe... (Their self-produced documentary is actually called "Raj Against the Machine", lol)
They're all about a positive message and calling out negative crap, everything from bullying to government corruption, and are heavily involved in charity work. Despite not being signed to a label, they just put out their first full-length album.
It's pretty good stuff.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In January 2020, it was announced the Unlocking The Truth had ended and frontman Malcolm Brickhouse would be pursuing a solo career under the moniker Malxolm Brixkhouse. Here’s a taste of early UTT:

And later stuff:

Remove ads