Metal School

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
In January 2020, it was announced the Unlocking The Truth had ended and frontman Malcolm Brickhouse would be pursuing a solo career under the moniker Malxolm Brixkhouse. Here’s a taste of early UTT:

And later stuff:
I like how in the first video, clearly the videographer (a parent? Friend?) was rocking along to the music, the camera was bouncing subtly...

Mad_Jack

Legend
Posted these guys in the thread about Black musicians, but I figured I'd put it here as well...

Since the early 2000's there's been a pretty fast-growing metal scene in Africa.

This is ARKA'N, from Togo. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any translations of the Ewe-language lyrics.

Side Note: Somehow, looking up facts about this band led to me discovering the existence of an all-female Deep Purple tribute band from Europe called Strange Kind of Women, lol.
Gotta love them random rabbit holes you fall down when you get on the internet...

Last edited:

Stevie T. has been doing a whole series on Metal from different countries on his YouTube channel. Bloodywood was the first band, Voice of Boceprot is pretty good (Danny you're gonna love the solo). But I highly suggest you check them out.

Mad_Jack

Legend
VoB is awesome - when's the last time you heard deep social commentary metal that could also be the big inspirational song in a Disney movie? Those girls need to be the next Disney princess, lol.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The first afrometal band I heard was Skinflint. They’re a trio.

Wrust is another Botswanan metal band, and they’ve toured with Skinflint.

Ryujin

Legend
For your Metal School experience, might I suggest the movie "Metal Lords" on NetFlix? I appreciate that they didn't take the usual high school romance narrative route too. (You'll know it when you see it.)

Remove ads