D&D Movie/TV New Footage & Poster For D&D: Honor Among Thieves Movie

There's a brand new poster and new footage available for next year's Dungeons & Dragons movie, Honor Among Thieves. The new footage is a featurette of various pieces, incuding new monsters, and a look at the animatronics and CGI. The film comes out on March 31st, 2023 and stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Rege-Jean Page, Justice Smith, Sophia Lillis, and Hugh Grant.

29771E10-9F44-4CEB-B65D-9986CF1E00DC.jpeg

There's a brand new poster and new footage available for next year's Dungeons & Dragons movie, Honor Among Thieves. The new footage is a featurette of various pieces, incuding new monsters, and a look at the animatronics and CGI. The film comes out on March 31st, 2023 and stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Rege-Jean Page, Justice Smith, Sophia Lillis, and Hugh Grant.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Crowd-sourced approval scores are not regarded as worth the paper they're printed on these days. They'll measure it in dollars, not reviewbombs, as they should. The days of crowd-sourced reviews are very much numbered. Sucks for Rotten Tomatoes and the like, but that's how it's going.
Streaming services decide success/failure based on bums in seats and eyes on screen within a finite period after release.

The difference between a streaming service and traditional broadcasters is that Streaming services know -- for sure -- if you watched it and when. They aren't guessing. While they do not know how many people were sitting down in your living room to watch it at the same time, they don't care about that. They count em all as "1" and build their data models from a point of certainty.

The confidence streaming services have in their uptake data is robust AF.

So the subject of the Willow series coming up compels me to point out how much better the Willow series's poster that I just now saw is than this D&D poster:
1670294358683.png

That's what a high fantasy movie poster should look like, and this isn't even a movie. Earlier I was forgiving thinking, "oh maybe the days of the epic illustrated character and scene composite poster were dead and gone and that kind of mediocre photoshop job is all we can hope for", but no, sorry D&D movie, you just dropped the ball. Hire an illustrator.

So the subject of the Willow series coming up compels me to point out how much better the Willow series's poster that I just now saw is than this D&D poster:
View attachment 268887

That's what a high fantasy movie poster should look like, and this isn't even a movie. Earlier I was forgiving thinking, "oh maybe the days of the epic illustrated character and scene composite poster were dead and gone and that kind of mediocre photoshop job is all we can hope for", but no, sorry D&D movie, you just dropped the ball. Hire an illustrator.

I like both.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
View attachment 268887

The teaser image is similar to D&D:HAT
willow-poster-810x1200.jpeg

Willow stands to benefit from the D&D movie. The show's biggest obstacle is it can't, for obvious reasons, say it's a D&D TV show. If the D&D movie proves popular, then there will be the inevitable "If you liked the D&D movie you might like this..." articles springing up all over the internet.

Willow has a better poster, but D&D has better brand recognition.

I remeber when I was a child when the movies Star Wars or Conan the barbarian were superhits in the box-office then the videoclubs had got a lot of serie B movies of the same genre, trying to imitate the same success.

If this action-live movie is a hit, at least in the same level of transformers, then other movie studios could try to imitate the same path. Now Warner is with "House of Dragons", the prequel of "Game of Thrones". Disney wants to try it with the sequel of Willow. Netflix has got the "Dragon Prince". And manga+anime publishers could relauch old titles of sword&sorcery genre. And these companies really worry about to tell good stories.

A mistake could be avoided is about the ideological neutrality. Some titles have failed by fault of this.

* If 2023 is going to be a year with radical changes in the entertaiment industry, about mergers and acquisitions, we could find some surprised with Paramount Pictures, the current Hasbro's partner.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I remeber when I was a child when the movies Star Wars or Conan the barbarian were superhits in the box-office then the videoclubs had got a lot of serie B movies of the same genre, trying to imitate the same success.

If this action-live movie is a hit, at least in the same level of transformers, then other movie studios could try to imitate the same path. Now Warner is with "House of Dragons", the prequel of "Game of Thrones". Disney wants to try it with the sequel of Willow. Netflix has got the "Dragon Prince". And manga+anime publishers could relauch old titles of sword&sorcery genre. And these companies really worry about to tell good stories.

A mistake could be avoided is about the ideological neutrality. Some titles have failed by fault of this.

* If 2023 is going to be a year with radical changes in the entertaiment industry, about mergers and acquisitions, we could find some surprised with Paramount Pictures, the current Hasbro's partner.
As a reminder. The Magic: the Gathering show will be on Netflix. Hasbro is not locked into a Paramount deal. Heck the D&D tv series is currently being shipped, as it isn't exclusive to Paramount either.

Netflix has two Witcher live action shows as well as Shadow and Bone doing good numbers. Prime Video has Rings of Power and Wheel of Time doing extraordinary numbers

Willow, the series, is coming out because people are eating up fantasy right now. It's not about D&D, but the whole genre.

Remove ads

Remove ads