NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya mate! :)

Pssthpok said:
Do multiple Rotting [Effects] stack, like in the case of being in the area of a Rotting Storm, or being struck multiple times by an entity with Rotting Strike?

Thats a very good question. Rotting probably needs a good going over (much like Withering [Effect]).

My gut instinct is that they should stack (ability drain attacks stack), but that looks like an incredibly dangerous proposition.

Pssthpok

First Post
I'd prohibit the same effect from stacking without using Telluric Effect, for sanity's sake.

Also, when to Portfolios are synergistic, such as Death and Entropy, does that mean that similar portfolio powers are 'stacked'? With the aforementioned portfolios, would Uncanny Negative Energy Mastery 'stack', in that the deity would be treated as having double their HD for purposes of determining the effect? Suppose for instance that a deity has Double Death and Double Entropy... would they quadruple their HD for UNEM?

Pssthpok said:
I'd prohibit the same effect from stacking without using Telluric Effect, for sanity's sake.

Also, when to Portfolios are synergistic, such as Death and Entropy, does that mean that similar portfolio powers are 'stacked'? With the aforementioned portfolios, would Uncanny Negative Energy Mastery 'stack', in that the deity would be treated as having double their HD for purposes of determining the effect? Suppose for instance that a deity has Double Death and Double Entropy... would they quadruple their HD for UNEM?
Double Death & Double Entropy... Perhaps 'triple' hit dice then? Thats still a lot of Energy Drain. Mathematically, it auto-defeats any god of lesser status. And Quadruple is worse, being almost as powerful as Omega effect...

Hey guys! :)

regarding Synnergistic Portfolios the idea was for them to be some sort of halfway house between Single and Double Portfolios...a sort of 1.5 Portfolio.

Of course I don't have the time, space or inclination to rustle up a third portfolio breakdown so I am still looking into the best way of incorporating this. It may ultimately disappear altogether.

WarDragon

First Post
How about just a short statement saying, "if both of your portfolios give the same benefit, it stacks as if you had the double portfolio?"

Hey WarDragon mate! :)

WarDragon said:
How about just a short statement saying, "if both of your portfolios give the same benefit, it stacks as if you had the double portfolio?"

I'm thinking thats a tad too powerful, also it basically eliminates the need for anyone to every take a double portfolio. Just take two synergistic portfolios and you get two double portfolios...its a bit too much.

Here's one: What if you include text saying that if you take 2 synergistic portfolios, you can only take one of the two portfolio's weaknesses?

It messes up the exact ECL balance of the portfolios, but provides a good, meaningful incentive to take two related portfolios VS one double portfolio or two unrelated ones.

Pssthpok

First Post
I'd just drop the idea here and now, since "synergistic portfolios" will be similar in theme and execution anyway, so it'll be like having a nice suite of powers that work well together without the fuss of compound mechanics.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
As much as I hate complications, seperate portfolios with identical powers should have those identical powers stack. I vote for the 3x effect if one has a double portfolios and a single portfolio and a four times effect for two double portfolios, ect.. Because any deity who has that many portfolios is essentially blowing his wad on portfolios instead of a slew of vastly more powerful abilities such as Transcendental Blast or Transmortality.

I also vote that Krusty bring back Fecundity and Earthly Ancestry. Fecundity, though seemingly boring plays a vital role for nature deities and Earthly ancestry does as well, since it allows for subtypes and types normally available to mortals only.

I also propose some sort of Divine Druidery or Divine Clergy abilities, as well as perhaps variations on enlightenment and ensorcelled to go with them and some sort of cosmic weather controlling ability.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads