• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mercucio said:

Hi mercucio matey! :)

mercucio said:
What I currently do for non-humanoid deities is take the + value of each artifact and use that buy Divine/Cosmic Abilities inherent to the deity. Now while provides the equivalence I desire between humanoid & non-humanoid deities vis a vis powers accessible it has one flaw: its far easier to negate/sunder/destroy artifacts than it is to do the same to inherent powers (only Cozen allows this). The solution I am contemplating, and maybe of equal use here is to double the cost of selecting Divine/Cosmic Abilities from the artifact + pool to better represent the advantages inherent to intrinsic Divine/Cosmic abilities vs. those granted by artifacts.

Could work I suppose.

Each artifact is roughly meant to equal your divine rank (in terms of how many divine abilities its worth).

So instead of worrying about converting from item '+' (and running into the weapon/armour problem) you could instead convert from divine rank itself.

Simply take a number of divine abilities equal to half your divine rank for every missing artifact.

...in other news...

Dante - you have posted that stuff in the wrong thread! DOH! :confused:

Hi Pssthpok mate! :)

Pssthpok said:
It's Tuesday... *hint hint*

There won't be an update tonight. I had to go out again today (real world stuff) and last night I got caught up working on the Ascension cover (which is slowly but surely coming together).

I'll update my website tonight (I have some extra stuff from S'mon and a handful of other articles on the website hovering at about 75% completion) and let everyone know that the next update will be Thursday. I could probably squeeze it in tomorrow, but this being me (and tomorrow being my team Liverpool in the Champiions League semi-final), I'll play it safe and give my self an extra day just incase.

Hey all! :)

Update either in 1-2 hours time (midnight or 1am GMT).

At this moment, I'm down to the last 9 problem portfolio powers and about three incomplete paragraphs from Chapter One of being finished.

Okay, I am stuck on the last three. I'm just going to update and then I can sort the last few lines out in the morning.

Last edited:

Pssthpok

First Post
Maybe for Revenge (Quasi-deity), you could have a +20 bonus on any reaction-attempt to disarm/trip/etc when an attacker fails to pull off that sort of move on you, and a +40 for double.

WarDragon

First Post
Here's something that occurred to me while contemplating the history of my avatar character...

When an immortal's manifestation is destroyed away from his home plane, he rejuvenates. But, is that process akin to resurrection (his old body reforming and healing), or is the immortal's soul/spirit creating an entirely new manifestation from scratch?

You mention in passing that a rejuvenated manifestation doesn't have to look the same as it did before, but is that merely skin deep, or can gods change their manifestations' statistics as part of the rejuvenation process? If they can change them mechanically, does the process have a cost in xp or quintessence? How deep does it go; can they just change feats and skills, or could they become an entirely different class?

historian

First Post
Question U_K:

Regarding Table 4-4, "Fluid vs. Static Bonus," the "Alternately" column has a double for Cosmic abilities and an infinite for Omnific abilities. Would the doubling apply for both static and fluid bonuses, both, or neither? What multiplier would you ascribe to Divine and Transcendent abilities?

Phantom Llama

First Post
It's possible for an immortal to lose one of their portfolios by transgressing against it repeatedly, as described on page 47.

What happens if they have a double portfolio? Do they drop to a single portfolio and start the process over again? Do they lose the whole thing in one go? If so, does the 50% quintessence loss increase to 100% and the immortal lose their godhood altogether?

I personally find the latter option the most engaging.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
UPPER_KRUST TO BE OFFLINE FOR A WHILE

Hey everyone, I'm afraid I just received some bad news. A little while ago, I got an email from U_K, sent via a friend's computer.

A little over a day ago, U_K's graphics card died on him. Worse, given the age of his computer's motherboard, none of the newer cards at the shop will work with his computer. Given that, he's going to be searching (again, via the computers of some friends) ebay and similar sites for an older graphics card that will work with his computer. Sadly, just getting a new computer is too much of an expense, so finding a compatible graphics card is his only option.

He's guestimating a week to find, order, and install a card, but there's really no way of knowing exactly how long it'll take. :(

paradox42

First Post
Well, one potential up side is, this means he won't be spending as much time reading and replying on messageboards this week. So he'll be able to do more on the art for Ascension, and possibly truly finish up the text as well. This may have the silver lining of getting us a finished product at long last!

...Okay, I don't buy it either, but it was a nice thought, wasn't it? :p

Good luck to him, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads