TSR Now it’s WotC’s Turn: WotC Moves Against TSR3

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR. TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th. This filing is dated Dec 6th...

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR.

TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th.

This filing is dated Dec 6th, the day before TSR3 launched its campaign.

In WotC’s response, they cite fraud as one of the causes of action, alleging that TSR3 misled the trademark office in its original application.

Mike Dunford, on Twitter, breaks down the action.

4E621D4D-651A-4F27-B77F-CA7A222BDB91.png

3DC0A545-5258-45D3-A925-CF0D2B78ECF8.jpeg

Sir Brennen

Legend
Two minor things. First, Ernie has been the one posting as the DHSM recently, and LaNasa has been posting under his own name. No way to be 100% sure, though.

Second, when this was originally posted, it ended with "That's how this works!". Someone edited it sometime over the last day or so specifically to target Tenkar in their response. That seems pretty on brand for NuTSR though. They seem to thrive on having an enemy to fight against.
Wait... it starts out specifically addressing people working for WotC, with a secondary "and all others concerned."

So are WotC employees Tenkarpians? Is Tenkar the secret mastermind behind this whole lawsuit designed to end NuTSR? Behind the entire WotC Empire?!?

I knew it!

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Justin Lanasa is a person who isn't smart enough to be a businessperson, who still thinks of himself as a businessperson.

Should point that he has some accomplishments and is not living in cardboard box / his mom's basement / a van down by the river

I don't think it is all inherited wealth, though it might be

I figured it was something like Magikarp, but I'm not really a Pokemon fan.

Tenkarpians?

Someone want to stat one of these out?

Are these the same as the lemming people or something else?

I assumed it was LaNasa by the aggressive tone (and also the poor understanding of how that sort of post in the middle of legal action isn't exactly a good idea). But really, I could be entirely wrong and maybe it was Ernie.

Two minor things. First, Ernie has been the one posting as the DHSM recently, and LaNasa has been posting under his own name. No way to be 100% sure, though.

Second, when this was originally posted, it ended with "That's how this works!". Someone edited it sometime over the last day or so specifically to target Tenkar in their response. That seems pretty on brand for NuTSR though. They seem to thrive on having an enemy to fight against.

Justin Lanasa is a person who isn't smart enough to be a businessperson, who still thinks of himself as a businessperson.

Shakeshift

Adventurer
Should point that he has some accomplishments and is not living in cardboard box / his mom's basement / a van down by the river

I don't think it is all inherited wealth, though it might be
I really get the idea that considering that the tattoo parlor has been in business for twenty years or more, I sincerely doubt that Justin Lanasa was in charge of it. More likely it was a family member or older relative who kept it running.

Also, Justin isn't really known for any.... "business acumen" so I'm going to guess he has been playing around recently with family money, as opposed to being a self-made man and entrepreneur. Nothing Justin has said leads me to EVER believe he's a self-made businessman. He's terrible at business decisions and his CHA is his dump stat.

He strikes me as a person who had everything given to him by more successful relatives. He's hardly competent.

Last edited:

Emrico

Adventurer
I really get the idea that considering that the tattoo parlor has been in business for twenty years or more, I sincerely doubt that Justin Lanasa was in charge of it. More likely it was a family member or older relative who kept it running.

Also, Justin isn't really known for any.... "business acumen" so I'm going to guess he has been playing around recently with family money, as opposed to being a self-made man and entrepreneur. Nothing Justin has said leads me to EVER believe he's a self-made businessman. He's terrible at business decisions and his CHA is his dump stat.

He strikes me as a person who had everything dumped in his lap by more successful relatives.
Plus, there's a whole lotta space in between "succesful businessman/entrepreneur" and "living in a cardboard box". That space is where shady grifters can thrive.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads