Oathbound : Homecoming (full up)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Voadam - sorry I didn't comment sooner - The race looks ok, but I think the PrC will be a little much; that a lotta HD, spell casting and BAB. I may have to look it over in the book (think I got that one floating around) and propose a mildly toned down version. I'd replace the evolve feat, I'll probably stick to journeys to the special areas for prestige races for the time, but there will be a ready opertunity for that - once you've started a prestige race that way the evolve feat will become available.

oh, and your spell list is confusing me a wee bit, do you have two domain spells listed per level?

kahuna Burger

Verbatim

Explorer
While I do not have any of the Oathbound books, I think the concept of a battle planet might be pretty easy to grasp. If there is still openings, I would really like to try something a little out there like an awakened char. I was thinking either an awakened Baboon or Ape Druidic Avenger.

Awakened by an druid in his twilight years, it was raised to protect the lands the druid had protected for so long. However, even the druid's powers could not prevent old age from finally claiming his spirit, and as the body was returned to the earth, the protector realized for the first time what being alone, and different from everyone around you was truly like.

From there, I thought we could work something out, but that is just my 20 sec brain storm idea..

Voadam

Legend
Kahuna Burger said:
Voadam - sorry I didn't comment sooner - The race looks ok, but I think the PrC will be a little much; that a lotta HD, spell casting and BAB. I may have to look it over in the book (think I got that one floating around) and propose a mildly toned down version. I'd replace the evolve feat, I'll probably stick to journeys to the special areas for prestige races for the time, but there will be a ready opertunity for that - once you've started a prestige race that way the evolve feat will become available.

oh, and your spell list is confusing me a wee bit, do you have two domain spells listed per level?

kahuna Burger

Yes, two per level.

The domain spells are marked with a (D) in the listing

When I wrote:
1-5DD
bless, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, divine favor, endure elements (D), hide from undead, magic weapon (D)

That was first level spells known - five choice spells from the cleric list plus two domain spells
1 bless
2 comprehend languages
3 cure light wounds
4 divine favor
5 hide from undead
sun domain endure elements
war domain magic weapon

I'll think about a different feat choice and edit the above when I've chosen.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Is the Sacred Exorcist prestige class from Defenders of the Faith an option? if so I will switch concentration for planar knowledge and be two levels away from being an exorcist which fits the supernatural warrior against evil character concept as well.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Verbatim said:
While I do not have any of the Oathbound books, I think the concept of a battle planet might be pretty easy to grasp. If there is still openings, I would really like to try something a little out there like an awakened char. I was thinking either an awakened Baboon or Ape Druidic Avenger.

while thats the sort of thing I would like in most games, it wouldn't really fit the background of this one. As you may have gathered from the near identiacal ages and matching tattoos, the charcters have a shared history as well as future, (and are all adopted :p ) so an awakened animal wouldn't fit the motif. if you wanted to play an animalistic character, there are several options in oathbound and other sources, including a four armed kitty people...

kahuna Burger

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Voadam said:
Is the Sacred Exorcist prestige class from Defenders of the Faith an option? if so I will switch concentration for planar knowledge and be two levels away from being an exorcist which fits the supernatural warrior against evil character concept as well.

I'll have to look at it, book not on hand at this very moment...

kahuna burger

Verbatim

Explorer
If you wouldn't mind shooting me the info or some other basic ideas off list, I'd like to work something out like that. I just don't want to clog the boards down with you filling me in when I ask alot of dumb questions..:)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kahuna Burger said:
As you may have gathered from the near identiacal ages and matching tattoos, the charcters have a shared history as well as future, (and are all adopted :p )
kahuna Burger

We're all adopted? And I always thought my parents were my parents, I can't believe they lied to me! You're gonna have to pay for my therapy!

Oh, you mean the characters.

Hmm, were we all switched at birth perhaps? Must've been a shock for Baja's mother. :p

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I'm interested. I was looking through the Bad axe games Halflings book and kind of fell in love with the Paladin/Rogue concept. I think I'll try that. But Obviously not a halfling.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Verbatim said:
If you wouldn't mind shooting me the info or some other basic ideas off list, I'd like to work something out like that. I just don't want to clog the boards down with you filling me in when I ask alot of dumb questions..:)

sorry, I think most of the basics are covered in the first couple of posts... all characters must be between 20 and 23 years old. You may or may not know that you were adopted/foundlings. You have a magical tattoo on your left hand (which does not detect as magic) consisting on one dot connected to several others by fine lines. the positions of the dots have changed in large and small ways in your life. You have alwyas experienced a feeling that life is somehow muted and muffled - you barely taste foods others call overwhellmingly spicey, emotions don't feel as strong, etc.

I do not allow obstructionists, loners, evil, kleptos, or anyone else who the party should really have left for dead five miles back if they weren't a PC. ;)

Kahuna burger

Remove ads