Pathfinder 2E [OOC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Pathfinder 2 Playtest Adventure. (Closed)

Then perhaps Pharasma butted in as you were departing Irori's realm. "Clean my temple." It'll make more sense when you enter the next room. :)

And yes, Fitz, 17 misses. You might notice that his studded leather armor, while covered with dried blood stains that you suspect aren't its blood, the armor is well made.

Kaodi

Hero
So I think I have my level 4 character pretty much ready to go. There is some room for equipment additions as I have gold left over, but I think I am mostly satisfied. Changed the name though.

[sblock=The Lightning Rider]Antony Doss, the Lightning Rider
Male Versatile Human Scholar Sorcerer 4
AC: 16 TAC: 16
HP: 32, Resonance: 8, Hero Points: 1
Speed: 25 ft, Perception: +6 (E)
Align: LN, Deity: Erastil
Languages: Common, Elven, Gnome

STR 10 +0, DEX 12 +1, CON 10 +0
INT 16 +3, WIS 12 +1, CHA 18 +4

FORT +4 (T), REF +5 (T), WILL +6 (E)

Weapons
Melee Strike Lesser Staff of Fire +5 1d4 B, Two-hand 1d8
Melee Strike Dagger +5 1d4 P, Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10 ft., Versatile S

Skills: Academia Lore +7 (T), Acrobatics +5 (T), Athetics +4 (T), Arcana +7 (T), Crafting +7 (T), Intimidation +8 (T), Medicine +5 (T), Nature +6 (E), Society +7 (T), Survival +5 (T)
Feats
Ride (Heritage-1)
Natural Ambition (Reach Spell) (Ancestry-1)
Assurance (Nature) (Background-1)
Cavalier Dedication (Order of the Dragon) (Sorcerer-2)
Cat Fall (Skill-2)
Alertness (General-3)
Arcane Evolution (Sorcerer-4)
Intimidating Glare (Skill-4)

Class Features
Trained in All Simple Weapons
Imperious Bloodline (4 Spell Points, Ancestral Surge)
Arcane Spellcasting (w/ Detect Magic, Fear, Invisibility added to Spell Repetoire)
Spell Repetoire
Spontaneous Heightening

Spells (+8, DC 18)
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Electric Arc, Light, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Shield
3 1st-Level: Fear, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, Summon Monster
3 2nd-Level: Endure Elements, False Life, Invisibility, Pest Form

Equipment (Bulk 2 L 0)
Lesser Staff of Fire, 1st Bracers of Armour, Hand of the Mage, Scroll of Mending, Scroll of Command, Scroll of Phantom Steed, Scroll of Create Water, Scroll of Create Food, Dagger, Material Component Pouch, Backpack, Belt Pouch, Ordinary Clothing, Compass, Flint & Steel, Satchel, Scroll Case, Waterskin

Saddlebags (Bulk 4 L 1)
Bedroll, Basic Crafter's Book, Ordinary Clothing, Cookware, Hooded Lantern, 3 Pints of Oil, 7 Days Rations, 50 ft Hemp Rope

Money 31 sp 7 cp

Bolt the Colt
Male Horse Young Animal Companion
AC: 15 TAC: 15
HP: 36
Speed: 40 ft, Perception: +6 (E), Scent

STR +3, DEX +1, CON +1
INT -4, WIS +1, CHA -1

FORT +5 (T), REF +5 (T), WILL +5 (T)

Melee Strike Hoof +7 1d6+3 B, Agile
Work Together: Charge

Skills: Survival +5 (T)[/sblock]

Radaceus

Adventurer
I assume this, sans an epilogue, is the end of the party#1 playtest?

I will probably bow out of PbP now, I have a lot on my plate currently. This being the last I was involved in. The others were all run by @EarlyBird, I hope nothing serious became of him, I was really looking forward to the 'living' campaign of Keep on the Borderland...it was a great idea ( 1E feel with 5E rules)
But I digress,

Thank you for the opportunity to playtest this, you did a great job GMing it for us! [MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION]

I doubt I will play PF2 over D&D(5E), it just didn't grab my attention

my critique of PF2:
~The guide is all over the place, and needs to be better laid out ( dont tell me to 'see pg etc etc' and then tell me to ' refer to page etc etc')
~To many variables involved in the actions ( crit fail/crit success normal fail/normal success), it's cumbersome,(reminds me of THAC0 and having to look up the chart every time and check my weapon type versus the Armor type and then the modifier...)
~Action Economy for melee versus arcana caster feels weighted, a melee class making 3 attacks to an arcane casters 1(ish) spell, coupled with the melee's (I'm looking at you rogue/ranger) additional feats and tricks, puts the spellcaster back in the squishy back of the party role of 1E days.
~stabilizing/healing...Gritty realism mode?

that's all I can think of from this short test. but its possible some of the above has been adressed already ( I have not read any of the updates since the playtest bundle was handed out)

GL with the rest of yoru adventures everyone
take care out there!
~Rad

This was the last encounter but there's still a few rooms to check out. Thanks for playing, Radaceus.

Everyone else, divvy up the loot and keep moving. The epilogue sets up the next few chapters.

Kaodi

Hero
Can you tell us at this point what the stuff in the chest actually was? I assume the crossbow was an expert crossbow, but what of the potions, scrolls, and the wand?

An expert quality crossbow, a feather token (bird), three light arrows, a scroll of bless, a scroll of magic weapon, a wand of produce flame, a vial of oil of mending, a collection of rare inks and powders (worth 8 gp), a series of related esoteric books (worth 10 gp), a bag of gemstones (worth 80 gp), a small sack filled with coins (5 gp, 74 sp, and 183 cp), the Star of Dessa, and an ancient tome with the words Notes on the Last Theorem etched into the cover.

There's also another pair of rooms to look through.

All the errata applies. So as of now that's "Update 1.6 — Release Date: 11/5/2018". If an errata comes out in December, we'll probably use that one too.

Remove ads