• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murhid

First Post
I might not be able to post for the next couple days: so Murhid will just try to attract attention from the witch

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Quick thoughts regarding our group, character class, and Sean's rant:

Kytess doesn't consider herself a "fighter"; for her, a "fighter" is a boxer or pugilist. She considers herself and Ivellios warriors, those who prepare for war. ("I'm an adventurer now, but a warrior always.")

She sees Murhid as a fighter, obviously; Jalon is a warrior-priest or judicator. Sollir and Taz are spellcasters. Kytess doesn't know how to classify Ubaar. :)

So much for not calling wizards sorcerers!

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
reapersaurus said:
Ubaar sees the arrows bouncing off the sorceress, and notices Murhid being stung by the devil.

He looks for and runs behind some cover from the witch and places his faith in Uthgar.
He decides to pray for his strength to infuse Ubaar's bow.
(Magic Weapon on the +4 Mighty Composite Longbow)

DMG page 183:
Only the ammunition's enhancement bonus is applied against damage reduction, since it is the only part of the weapon actually striking the creature.

reapersaurus

Explorer
well... crap!

I really don't know what to do here.
There were 2 reasons why i had Ubaar burn the Magic Weapon spell.

1) It might get thru the witch's defenses, he thinks (and _I_ thought it would get past the 10/+1 defenses, too)
2) he knows there's a imp around that Jalon told him could be hurt (and more importantly - KILLED) with a blessed weapon.

Would a Magic Weapon'ed bow kill an imp (i think you know what i mean)

If not, there's no point in him doing that; I'd just have him continue to shoot at the witch.

reapersaurus

Explorer
on a discussion point:
This is exactly where i have problems with roleplaying vs. playing effectively:

We are all 2nd level characters.
Would any of our characters really know anything about 2nd level spells?
Cause as far as Ubaar would know, the witch would be completely invulnerable to arrows and they're all f^&ed right now.

But obviously, as a player, i know she likely has Protection from Arrows up.

I VERY seldom see people playing their charcters anywhere near as ignorant as they probably would be realistically.
(not just in our adventure, but anywhere)

What do you guys think of this gaming conundrum?
Play our characters realistically, and you might die.
Play our characters effectively, and risk having them do actions that they might not normally do or know about.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Kytess knows next to nothing about magic:
* Some "priest" magic can heal wounds
* Some "priest" magic can remove disease and poison
* Some "wizard" magic can blast people
* Some "wizard" magic can blast many people at a time (she's seen one fireball from an orcish wizard)
* Magic can do other things
* Generally, it's a good idea to kill the 'caster first in a fight

I usually have enough metagame knowledge that I could tell Heavy G the odds I'll hit and miss, and well enough that I could compuet my optimal Power Attack amount (in my case, +2/-2 is best). I don't do this, though; I rely on Kytess' judgement. In this case, she's Power Attacking because she want to hurt the wolf quickly - she's worried about Taz. (She'd never admit it.)

I trust Heavy G to keep out characters alive as long as he plans to have us around. If a character dies, though, I wouldn't mind; I'd simply continue to RP Kytess (or my new character). Just think of the roleplaying opportunities of a character *really* dying, anyway! If Kytess died, Murhid would be forced to reconsider Kytess' (dark) philosophy on life, Ubaar would lash out in rage against everyone and everything, Ivellios would try to lighten the mood with a joke or pun, but would feel too depressed to get into it, etc. I'm not saying that I want a character death, but look on the bright side - there's a lot to be done, and I'm sure we could all make a new character if neccissary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads