• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanee

First Post
Heavy G had already stated on the old boards, that we can edit our post, if the change is reasonable and it hasn't been resolved yet (or used in any other way).

This change is surely reasonable, since Ubaar schould know how his own spells work! ;)

So, go ahead and edit it, until it's too late! :D

Bye
Thanee

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
We are all 2nd level characters.
Would any of our characters really know anything about 2nd level spells?
Cause as far as Ubaar would know, the witch would be completely invulnerable to arrows and they're all f^&ed right now.

But obviously, as a player, i know she likely has Protection from Arrows up.

This is more a matter of spellcraft than level.

So far, nobody has passed their spellcraft rolls (17+). I made them for everyone who interacted with the witch.

Also, if you want to justify continuing shooting at her, Ivellios obviously damaged her with his last arrow, even if it's only a little bit.

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
What do you guys think of this gaming conundrum?
Play our characters realistically, and you might die.
Play our characters effectively, and risk having them do actions that they might not normally do or know about.

This is a common situation in rpgs (and especially D&D).

Fortunately, it does not apply in this case. A logical response to an invulnerable opponent would be to flee and try to approach the problem with a different angle, which I fail to see how this would kill you. :)

HeavyG

First Post
Since only three people posted, this being the weekend and all, and Ubaar hasn't edited his post*, I'll wait until tomorrow to update.

Later.

* Too bad magic weapon is the only weapon-boosting spell that can't be cast on 50 arrows IIRC.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
HeavyG said:
magic weapon is the only weapon-boosting spell that can't be cast on 50 arrows IIRC.

That's the general consensus, yes. I agree with it, I think, even though it does us no good now.

Quick, OT question - are any of you any good at drawing?

Not myself, but I have two good friends at my school which are really talented at drawing, though they do mostly anime characters-which look fantastic in my opinion.

Edit-And next time I need to be an illusionist! That way the main villain can blow all their spells and such while I'm invisible or hiding :)

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
CR - my wife can draw a bit, but we both use HeroMachine to get a pictorial representation of our characters.

Heavy G: I edited it.
And anyone else with thoughts on that conundrum i asked about?
It was more of a general question that just slightly pertains to actions in this scene.

And now that it seems that Sollir has been resurrected :) (Sollir - HOW many in-character thrads are you IN? LOL It seems like you're keeping busy roleplaying on the boards ; Psionicle, Game of Death, Non-Iconics, any YB?)

Now can we resurrect Ivellios?
Anyone seen Dopp around?
I'm wondering how many times Heavy is going to have to NPC any of our actions if he tries to keep with our standard 1 round per day pace (which i think is a good pace... I don't see why we should run it any slower after the holiday break than before)

Lets make a list shall we:
Non-Iconics Adventure-Sollir Furryfoot, Cleric/Fighter
The Psionisicle-Sahgrim, Telepath
Game of Death #2, Garion, enchanter
YB! 2 characters, Nightmare and Kazz't
YBA! 1 character, Demitri
Industrial Revolution, Hellmaster Phibrizzo, half-machine, half-celestial, advanced to 45 HD, CE Death Slaad with over 100 levels

Thats about it, I was going to sign up for another play by post game but the DM seems to have run off :)

Sorry for not posting for a bit, I thought Kytess and Ubaar were on their own little side quest and I didn't know where to insert myself in.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Sorry for not posting for a bit, I thought Kytess and Ubaar were on their own little side quest and I didn't know where to insert myself in.
There's a bad joke there about Ubaar knowing where he wanted to insert himself in.... ;)

(not sure what side quest you're referring to, tho, Sollir.)

Oh- Sollir - you also might be joining the Iconic Thread too, right?

How do you find time to keep up with all of them>?
Especially the GoD, IR, and YB threads...

Well I'm currently not in any game in DnD right now in RL, I have a hard time getting my friends to play, til then I'm playing on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads