OOC: [T20] High Law and Low Justice

Wilphe

Adventurer
The ship is in orbit, parking is after all more or less free up there...

It's needs some fitting out and fuelling, and some paperwork needs filling out

All of which is boring.

<handwave>

It's done.

There, you can go now.

Where you going?

Maerdwyn

First Post
Here's the Polo-Class deckplan from 101 Starships.

There was one minor change I made to the description when making it avaiable to you guys:
Six of the staterooms, the aft-most ones on the sides of the living area, not the one in the center or the one with an iris valve in front of it, have a stowable couch that can be folded down from the wall, effectively turning the stateroom into a cramped double.

Wilphe, of course, now has free reign with deciding how much the former owners (the rock band) messed the ship systems up, so I'll keep my ideas on that score to myself ;)

Attachments

• Polodeck.png
    Polodeck.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
As for destination:

How much of each cargo listed here: http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2738416&postcount=128

do we need to transport in order to expect a profitable (or at least a break even) run?

Would it be practical to simultaneously carry cargo for different destinations from Dukh? Maybe not given the size of our cargo bay, but:

If we bring some melons to Mistletoe, and then use that money to get to 460-687 to drop of the kitchen items, we could refuel at the gas giant, and figure out what they normally sell to Cyllene and see if we can get in on that trade route.

If we decide to hit Blue Mer on the way, though, it might be good to have some token amount of general supplies on hand to justify our presence landing there, but we should be able to pick those up at 460-687's Class A starport.

(Unedited) Ley Sector, Guadix Drift Subsector:

Attachments

• Ley Sector - Subsector F.pdf
    219.3 KB · Views: 118

Wilphe

Adventurer
Thanks for the map.
Dukh, where we are now, is in hex 1210 - just cut off at the top.

Shikirmi, where the Sydites want to go is 1730
Gashuki, where the Hiver mission is, is at 2232
Anapabar, where the Administrator wants to go is 1936
Gergigi, Ruzz'koff's HomeWorld is 2435

The first three cargos are "Take as much you can" and will probably be the most profitable on that basis.
The supply run to Bleue Mer is only 20dt, but ships on such runs normally take a bit of speculative cargo (entertainment media, games, booze, etc) to make something on the side.

Taking the Sydites back promises to be the most break-even way of getting in the direction of where you are going quickly, as they can pay enough for you to travel at J5 carrying just them, though you could fit in a few shorter jumps with cargo as well.

Ruzz'koff, for what it's worth, will take the foward stateroom on the port side, ie: Opposite the lab, and nearest the bridge.

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Class E starport:

You know the bush airstrips they have in Africa?
Like that.

The Imperial Starport Authority build these to a standard pattern:
A cleared space for ships of up to 1000 tons or so to land.
Maybe a cutter module to act as office for a few staff.
Basic navigation and traffic control, "You are cleared to land wherever you like, there's no one else here"

As we'll be on the frontier a lot, we'll probably run into those quite a bit. Those built by private enterprise have less of a standard pattern, but they are unlikely to be any better because of it. Construction methods range from "A Local Farmer gets out his bulldozer out every so often" to "Hundreds of peasents with hand tools". Traffic control is more or less non-existant and navigation aids can be anything from "bored local with shortwave set" to "A large bonfire."
Pharmacorp probably use slightly better tech than that, but they probably don't encourage visitors.

Fuel will not be a problem, it's a water world and you have fuel processors.

doghead

thotd
Apart from the Administrator question, I think that the plan looks good.

What are we looking at, two jumps there, two? back. That would be a month. Bit much for a 'test flight'. And not sure if Saanath wants to go back to Duhk. I think, if we can, we should fit the Administrator in, and continue on from Blue Mer.

Are the cabins single or double occupancy? If we need the passenger space, the characters could share cabins for a while. Not Saanath's ideal, but doable. If single occupancy only, perhaps we should just leave the yuppies and vet, grab the Administrator and go.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Staterooms, by default, have bunks for two people, but you generally don't share with strangers if you are taking High Passage.

We have 8, which is in effect 16 people.
If there are 6 crew (which I think is right) we could take 10 passangers. It's probably a bad idea for us to share rooms on a permanent basis, because we will end up on each other's nerves. We will anyway, but it will happen a lot sooner if we double up.

I don't think we have any Low berths.

I wasn't intending for a round trip back to Dukh, and was intending to resolve plot so we didn't have to.

doghead

thotd
I agree about sharing on a permemant basis, but for short periods, and with careful planning of the duty roster, we should be able to for a while if we need to.

So, we can take the Administrator and the yuppies it looks like.

Looks like we are set. Cool.

Rotten time to be heading off for Christmas. Oh well. I'll be away from tomorrow until about the 3rd of Jan. I'll have limited access, so I don't think I'll be posting much. Feel free to ghost Saanath as needed.

thotd

Wilphe

Adventurer
Maerdwyn said:
ooc: Re: Passengers, Don't we still need to count the director and his staff? (or are we figuring on coming back to Dukh before heading to Delta Quadrant?) Otherwise looks good to me, and we can get underway

I was including the Director and staff in those 10.

Did you have an idea about how many staff he would have?
I was thinking 2 or 3

We don't have any low berths do we?
Any chance you can post the data on the ship into the character thread at all please?

That would leave room for 4 other passangers just to Shirgegge, and allow a bit more room for the run to Bleue Mer (2 other passangers then)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases