OOC: The Enemy Within, using 4E

Dr Simon

Explorer
Been doing a bit more delving into PHBs 1,2 and 3, plus the various Power sourcebooks, and I reckon I can narrow down character choice to:

Races (in descending frequency):
Human
Halfling
Dwarf
Elf (Wood Elf)
Eladrin (High Elf)

Common Classes (no particular order):
Fighter
Warlord
Ranger
Rogue
Cleric
Wizard

Also possible, but less common:
Runepriest (possibly Dwarf only)
Druid (human only, member of Old Faith)
Shaman (occur amongst wood elves, some Kislevites and goblinoids)
Paladin (no great precedent for them, and would likely be quite unique individuals)

Other classes that may exist, but are more of a "bad guy" option:
Sorcerer
Warlock
Wizard (Summoner build)
These will probably cause some kind of corruption effect in those who take the class.

I think all of the options from the various ~ Power books for the permitted classes seem reasonable, some actually make the characters more "normal" again.

On reflection I'm not including the barbarian - if you want a berserker kind of character you'll need to work up a suitable martial build, the barbarian class is too magical to fit. Not that there are many berserkers in the setting anyway. I've checked the stat-blocks for dwarven troll-slayers: no berserk frenzy; mainly power attack type of skills.

Insight

Adventurer
If you're looking for character ideas/submissions, I have an idea for a Human Grappler Fighter (MP2). He hails from the true dregs of society and has worked his way up to working as a jail guard. He got busted for something unseemly and is now out of work, looking for some new way to make a living.

That's all I have for now. I can provide greater details later.

FourMonos

First Post
Still leaning toward rogue, but can't decide between human and dwarf. Human would be clean cut and classy, like an agent of the empire. The dwarf (and I know I'm stealing the idea from G&F) would be a slayer, dishonored and sour... hmm.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I actually thought Storm sorcerers might be immune to the taint, since they seem more like old WHFRP elementalists than dabblers in Chaos.

Ok, I'm officially opening recruiting so start putting together some character ideas. I'm looking for 3-6 players, see the (edited) first post for details.

Theroc

First Post
I might be crazy, but the edit doesn't seem to have chargen details. Ohwell. I'll boot up the CB while checking to make sure I didn't just jump in too soon. :p

Theroc

First Post
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Alain, level 1
Human, Sorcerer
Spell Source: Storm Magic
Background: Society - Noble (+2 to Insight)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 16.

AC: 12 Fort: 12 Reflex: 13 Will: 17
HP: 25 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Insight +8, Arcana +5, Intimidate +9, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +1, Heal +1, History, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion, Stealth +2, Streetwise +4, Thievery +2, Athletics

FEATS
Human: Tempest Magic
Level 1: Die Hard

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Blazing Starfall
Sorcerer at-will 1: Acid Orb
Sorcerer at-will 1: Lightning Strike
Sorcerer encounter 1: Whirlwind
Sorcerer daily 1: Howling Tempest

ITEMS
Dagger, Adventurer's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

I am not too familiar on the particulars of the setting, but I was thinking that Alain would be an aloof noble of a nearby settlement or something, deciding to put his innate gifts to use. He's amiable enough but not necessarily the most generous either, helping without complaint as long as it doesn't cost him much... and enjoying the prospect of using his talents.

Remove ads