Walking Dad

First Post
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 1
Dwarf, Fighter
Fighter: Combat Superiority
Fighter Talents: Two-handed Weapon Talent

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 9.

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Reflex: 11 Will: 12
HP: 31 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +10, Heal +7, Athletics +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +4, History, Insight +2, Intimidate -1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion, Stealth +1, Streetwise -1, Thievery +1

FEATS
Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Brash Strike
Fighter at-will 1: Cleave
Fighter encounter 1: Hack and Hew
Fighter daily 1: Driving Attack

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Scale Armor, Mordenkrad, Handaxe
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Background after weekend :)

Insight

Adventurer
Hans Bitterden, level 1
Human, Fighter

Fighter: Combat Agility
Fighter Talents: Brawler Style
Background: Geography - Urban (+2 to Streetwise)

ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 11.

[sblock=STARTING ABILITY SCORES]
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 11.[/sblock]

DEFENSES & HP
AC: 19 Fort: 19 Reflex: 14 Will: 11
HP: 29 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +9, Endurance +7, Intimidate +5, Streetwise +7, Thievery +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Arcana, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +0, Dungeoneering -1, Heal -1, History +0, Insight -1, Nature -1, Perception -1, Religion +0, Stealth +2

FEATS
Human: Brawler Guard: +1 shield bonus to AC and Reflex with one hand free
Level 1: Sneak of Shadows: Rogue MC; Thievery as Class Skill; Sneak Attack 1/encounter

POWERS
Class Feature: Combat Challenge: Martial, Weapon; Immed. Int.; Melee; Effect: Whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy.
Class Feature: Combat Agility: Martial, Weapon; Opportunity Action; Melee weapon; Trigger: An enemy adjacent to you takes an action that provokes an opportunity attack; Effect: After the triggering enemy completes the action, you shift 2 squares. You must end the shift closer to the target than you were when you began the shift. Then, make the following attack; Scimitar: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+4 dmg; Short Sword: +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4 dmg; Hit: You knock the target prone.
Bonus At-Will Power: Grappling Strike: Martial, Weapon; Std Action; Melee touch; Target: One Creature; Requirement: You must have one hand free; Scimitar: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+4 dmg; Short Sword: +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4 dmg; Hit: You grab the target. The grab ends automatically at the end of your next turn; Brawler Style: When making an opportunity attack, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.
Fighter at-will 1: Slash and Pummel: Martial, Weapon; Std Action; Melee touch; Target: One Creature; Requirement: You must have one hand free; Scimitar: +6 vs. AC, 1d8 dmg; Short Sword: +7 vs. AC, 1d6 dmg; Hit: Make a secondary attack against the target; Unarmed: +4 vs. Reflex, 7 damage.
Fighter at-will 1: Knockdown Assault: Martial, Weapon; Std Action; Melee weapon; Target: One Creature; Scimitar: +6 vs. Fort, 4 damage; Short Sword: +7 vs. Fort, 4 damage; Hit: You knock the target prone. Special: When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.
Fighter encounter 1: Passing Attack: Martial, Weapon; Std Action; Melee weapon; Scimitar: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+4 dmg; Short Sword: +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4 dmg; Hit: You can shift 1 square. Make a secondary attack against one creature other than the primary target; Scimitar: +8 vs. AC, 1d8+4 dmg; Short Sword: +9 vs. AC, 1d6+4 dmg.
Fighter daily 1: Villain's Menace: Martial, Weapon; Std Action; Melee weapon; Target: One Creature; Scimitar: +6 vs. AC, 2d8+4 dmg; Short Sword: +7 vs. AC, 2d6+4 dmg; Hit: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls and a +4 power bonus to damage rolls against the target; Miss: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against the target.

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Scale Armor, Thieves' Tools, Scimitar, Short sword

BACKGROUND IN BRIEF
This is VERY brief... I'll add more later.

Bone Picker -> Rat Catcher -> Jailer -> Mercenary

OOC: Character Builder PDF attached

Attachments

• Hans_Bitterden.pdf
    311.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Whoa, didn't know we needed to get the characters out there that fast! Alright, I decided to go with a warlord as we'll need someone to play the leader:

Garold Riechenberg, level 1
Human, Warlord
Build: Insightful Warlord, Battlefront Leader
Background: Borderland Nobility (+2 to History)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 14.

AC: 18 Fort: 15 Reflex: 15 Will: 14
HP: 25 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +5, Heal +4, Endurance +3, History +9, Diplomacy +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -3, Arcana +2, Bluff +2, Dungeoneering -1, Instight -1, Nature -1, Perception -1, Religion +2, Stealth -3, Streetwise +2, Thievery -2

FEATS
Human: Lend Might
Level 1: Inspired Defense

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord at-will 1: Commander's Strike
Warlord at-will 1: Rousing Assault
Warlord encounter 1: Shielded Assault
Warlord daily 1: Lead the Attack

ITEMS
Longsword, Chain Mail, Heavy Shield, Adventurer's Kit

If other leaders are available I would likely switch to striker. Quick story: Young human male, son of a borderland noble, but last in line for anything. Sent to University to study and learn, but bored with city life. Trained in fighting since a young age. Secretly leaving for life of adventure.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
If you look close at my dwarf, you will notice that he nearly deals striker damage :D

If we absolutly need a controller, I could do a wizard build, too.

Theroc

First Post
I am open to any advice on either fluff stuff that I hadn't taken into account(I know nothing of how nobility and the like would work near Ostland(I just know that it's very European in feel, ancient woods, etc...) or on mechanics, such as my level 1 feat, as I had no idea what to pick. :p. The basic idea is Alain wandered off without explicit permission to go adventuring with his gifts since no one knew what to do with his talents. He knows a bit about being a noble and can be pretty charismatic...(Gee, I wonder why...:p)

Walking Dad

First Post
Here would be the mage build. I will post 'fluff' later:

level 1
Human, Wizard
Arcane Implement Mastery: Orb of Imposition
Background: Geography - Forest (Perception class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 12.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 15 Will: 15
HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +7, Arcana +9, History +9, Religion +9, Insight +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +2, Heal +2, Intimidate +1, Nature +2, Stealth, Streetwise +1, Thievery, Athletics -1

FEATS
Wizard: Ritual Caster
Human: Unarmored Agility
Level 1: Enlarge Spell

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Winged Horde
Wizard at-will 1: Chilling Cloud
Wizard at-will 1: Thunderwave
Wizard encounter 1: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Wizard daily 1: Sleep
Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Flaming Sphere

ITEMS
Spellbook, Accurate orb, Adventurer's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Dagger
RITUALS
Brew Potion, Comrades' Succor, Make Whole

Padreigh

First Post
I went for the Dwarven Paladin. Very devout and the dwarven equivalent of a Human templar or Priest of Sigmar (I have to look up the dwarven gods for Warhammer this weekend,but I think Grungi should fit the bill)

level 1
Dwarf, Paladin

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 15, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 13.

AC: 19 Fort: 15 Reflex: 12 Will: 13
HP: 30 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +5, Intimidate +6, Insight +7, Endurance +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -2, Arcana, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +4, Heal +2, History, Nature +2, Perception +2, Stealth -2, Streetwise +1, Thievery -2, Athletics +2

FEATS
Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training

POWERS
Lay on Hands: Lay on Hands
Paladin at-will 1: Ardent Strike
Paladin at-will 1: Holy Strike
Paladin encounter 1: Divine Pursuit
Paladin daily 1: Blazing Brand

ITEMS
Plate Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Waraxe, Light Shield

Insight

Adventurer
Hans Glieben, level 1
Human, Rogue

Rogue Tactics: Ruthless Ruffian
Rogue: Rogue Weapon Talent
Background: Geography - Urban (+2 to Streetwise)

ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 13.

[sblock=STARTING ABILITY SCORES]
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 13.[/sblock]

DEFENSES & HP
AC: 16 Fort: 14 Reflex: 17 Will: 12
HP: 23 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Athletics +8, Bluff +6, Intimidate +6, Stealth +9, Streetwise +8, Thievery +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +0, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering -1, Endurance +0, Heal -1, History +0, Insight -1, Nature -1, Perception -1, Religion +0

FEATS
Human: Backstabber: Sneak Attack to 2d8
Level 1: Two-Weapon Fighting: +1 damage when wielding 2 melee weapons

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Disheartening Strike: Martial, Rattling, Weapon; Std Action; Melee or Ranged weapon; Target: One Creature; Requirement: You must be wielding a crossbow, light blade, or sling (or club or mace); Mace: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+8 dmg; Dagger: +8 vs. AC, 1d4+5 dmg.
Rogue at-will 1: Clever Strike: Martial, Weapon; Std Action; Melee weapon; Target: One Creature; Requirement: You must be wielding a light blade (or club or mace); Mace: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+5 dmg, Dagger: +8 vs. AC, 1d4+5 dmg; Special: if an ally is adjacent to the target and is able to attack it, you have combat advantage for this attack.
Rogue at-will 1: Sly Flourish: Martial, Weapon; Std Action; Melee or Ranged weapon; Target: One Creature; Requirement: You must be wielding a crossbow, light blade, or sling (or club or mace); Mace: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+6 dmg; Dagger: +8 vs. AC, 1d4+6 dmg.
Rogue encounter 1: Termination Threat: Martial, Rattling, Weapon; Std Action; Melee weapon; Target: One Creature; Requirement: You must be wielding a light blade (or club or mace); Mace: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+9 dmg; Dagger: +8 vs. AC, 1d6+6 dmg; Ruthless Ruffian: If the target is already taking the attack penalty from one of your rattling attacks, the target is also immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Rogue daily 1: Checking Jab: Martial, Rattling, Weapon; Std Action; Melee weapon; Target: One Creature; Requirement: You must be wielding a light blade (or club or mace); Mace: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+8 dmg; Dagger: +8 vs. AC, 1d4+5 damage; Hit: Target is slowed (save ends). You have combat advantage against the target while it is slowed by this attack. Miss: Half damage and the target is not slowed.

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Dagger (3), Mace, Thieves' Tools

BACKGROUND IN BRIEF
Again, VERY brief. Will flesh this out later.

Bone Picker -> Rat Catcher -> Jailer -> Rogue

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Well, that was quick. So far the party looks like:

Padreigh - Dwarf Paladin
FourMonos - Human Warlord
Theroc - Human Sorcerer (Storm)
Insight - Human Rogue or Human Fighter
WD - Human Wizard (Orb) or Dwarf Fighter.

Given the relative scarcity of arcane power, WD's fighter might be a better option than the wizard, making Insight's Rogue choice the better one, although it could work the other way around.

Regarding background for minor nobles, there are hundreds of nobles who own rule a village and a manor, and little else. The title system seems to have shifted around a lot from the original feudal heirarchy, and you can have Barons on the same level as Arch-Dukes, so almost any title would work, most likely Lord (a minor knight) or Baron (typically a minor landowner). Delberz is ultimately ruled by Grand Duke Leopold of Middenland, but almost anyone could run his holdings for him.

"Alain" sounds Bretonnian (ie French), so the sorcerer could come from a long way away. Although the wargame version of WH presents the Bretonnians as pseudo-Arthurian knights, in the RPG setting they owe more to the court of Louis XIV, all wine-guzzling decadent courtiers indulging in intrigue (so the people of the Empire see them), which sounds like a good background for a lesser son to try to get away from.

Insight

Adventurer
The party is very melee heavy.

Well, I suppose if we went Wizard and Sorcerer, it would be 3 melee (Paladin, Warlord, and either of my characters) and 2 ranged / area. But if Dr. Simon only wants 1 arcane character, it would be Paladin, Warlord, Sorcerer, and Fighter. In that case, I can offer up a Ranger or something to balance things out. Or not. Hey, I like making characters.

Remove ads