• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ooc]Traveller T20 - Full

Maerdwyn

First Post
Douane said:
Thanks!

I think I would like to continue for another term, staying with the Corps. After that it's time to strike out on my own. (Unless you feel that makes me too much of an "old man" for this outfit and/or my special background. :D)

Folkert
For your next mission, you are sent to probe the defenses of one of the Imperium's neighbors with whom war seems iminent (who exaclt this is depends on whether this is your last term or not). Your intelligence ends up being vital, as war breaks out two years after your assignment.

Time, 4 years, XP 8000

Watus

First Post
They made me an officer? Gah! People will think I'm a pansy!

Alright, so four tours would make me, what... 34? Not old enough. I'll take another, please. And then I'll take one of Traveller, if that's alright. 42 is a good age. I'd say that's about as young as you can be and still be a little grizzled - if you work at it hard enough.

Also, if someone could tell me what a Marine's starting feats are and how many skill pts/lvl they get, that would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
For your next mission, you are sent to probe the defenses of one of the Imperium's neighbors with whom war seems iminent (who exaclt this is depends on whether this is your last term or not). Your intelligence ends up being vital, as war breaks out two years after your assignment.

Time, 4 years, XP 8000

Excelsior!

Thanks! (and just as I was typing my above post) :)

Would you mind if I shuffle the second and the third term around? That way it would tell of steadily increasing danger on his misions, which should fit very well with the PC.

Another bit:

The bonus languages for high Int: are they Speak only or Read/Write and Speak or choose 3 (either Read/write or speak)?

Thanks,

Folkert

Maerdwyn

First Post
Douane said:
Maerdwyn,

Thanks for the great PDF! (Just received it.)

Unfortunately this forces me to be a nuisance again: :)

1. Could you tell us about the actual number of skill points these classes have? (At least for the Academic, Belter, Navy, Marine, Professional and Traveller? They should cover the classes taken by us poor ones without the book.)

2. Do all Classes follow the same path: Feat at 1st, 2nd, 5th, 7th ... ?

3. Does the "Entertain" skill cover practical jokes? :D

4. Some details for the linguistics feat?

5. My fourth prior term, please? (and the following mustering-out)

Sorry for this, but now I'm more than ever before raring to go!

Folkert
GAK! knew I'd left some info out.

Every character gains feats Every three levels, plus one at 1st level (1st, 3rd, 6th, 9th. 12th, etc.) in addition to ones granted by class. Most classes also get feats granted by class. There is a LOT of info - not sure i can type it all now, as my wife is in need of the computer (now the only one in the house)

Looks like I'll need to do another pdf - I'll do so as soon as possible.

Note to Seonaid: Okay, this *is* work! ;)

Ian

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Watus said:
They made me an officer? Gah! People will think I'm a pansy!
But with a heart of gold! :p

Watus said:
Alright, so four tours would make me, what... 34? Not old enough. I'll take another, please. And then I'll take one of Traveller, if that's alright. 42 is a good age. I'd say that's about as young as you can be and still be a little grizzled - if you work at it hard enough.

Also, if someone could tell me what a Marine's starting feats are and how many skill pts/lvl they get, that would be great. Thanks.

That's the right "Traveller spirit". [Old Geezer "fondly" remembering a time with original Classic T, when you had to do up 7 terms to get any decent amount of skills. Of course then old age did get you! :) ]

Folkert

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
GAK! knew I'd left some info out.

Every character gains feats Every three levels, plus one at 1st level (1st, 3rd, 6th, 9th. 12th, etc.) in addition to ones granted by class. Most classes also get feats granted by class. There is a LOT of info - not sure i can type it all now, as my wife is in need of the computer (now the only one in the house)

Looks like I'll need to do another pdf - I'll do so as soon as possible.

Note to Seonaid: Okay, this *is* work! ;)

Ian

Well, then thanks for your work! ;) :)

Perhaps you should concentrate on the classe I mentioned (Academic, Belter, Navy, Marine, Professional and Traveller) since all of us seem to be set on our courses and the classes to take. I sincerely doubt anyone is going to branch into barbarian. ;)

Speculatively eyes the human marine: "Though I have heard some strange rumors concering the lesser civilizations and their 'thugs'." :D

Folkert

Maerdwyn

First Post
Okay - all the classes get bonus feats at 1,2,5,7,10,11,12,13,14,17,19
I'll have to send the list of bonus feats later

Acad- 8+ INT mod/level. (8+Int mod)x4 to start
Belter-6+INTmod/Level(6+INT Mod)x4 to start

Gotta go for a while - more later - If anyone with the book could add some info, that would help a lot

Thanks,
Ian

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Watus, here we go... [...]

Term 2
After reenlisting, you are sent on Counter Insurgency detail, and make quite a name for yourself while helping to quell a Vargr rebellion against the ruling Luriani on Qaarz.

Pardon me?! :D

Douane

First Post
Please take your time, Maerdwyn. (And give our thanks to your patient wife.) :)

We really appreciate the time and work you put into this for those of us without the book.

Thanks,

Folkert

Last edited:

Watus

First Post
Douane said:
I sincerely doubt anyone is going to branch into barbarian. ;)

Hand to God, I will not multiclass into Big Game Hunter.

And yes, please take your time. I hope it's understood that we all have lives. Or something approaching them, in any case.

However, in addition to this:
Watus said:
I'm afraid I don't know what to roll for a Marine's stamina. No hurry, though. I swear.

No, really. I mean it: no hurry.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads