• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Parallel Lines (OOC)

Eluvan

First Post
This is the discussion and recruitment thread for my story driven, RP heavy Eberron campaign of exploration and high adventure.

Recruitment is closed.

The Rogue's Gallery thread can be found here.

The IC thread is here.

Last edited:

Badger

First Post
I would like to sign up for the game..I am able to post everyday most of the time, and really like the Eberron setting so far.

I can work on a concept later on tonight when I get back in from dinner, but I am thinking of trying a warforged artificer if the group is not full of them by the time I get back..:)

DemonAtheist

First Post
i would like to play, but I don't know much about the eberron CS. when were you planning on starting?; depending on that I might have time to read it.

Eluvan

First Post
As I said, it'll probably be a while yet. You can assume at least a week, proably closer to two, maybe a little more than that, depending on how fast character creation and the conceptual stages of planning go.

Last edited:

DocHazard

First Post
I too would like to get in on this game..BUT I don't have the Ebberon book. Is that a huge issue? If so, I totally understand.

I'd like to play a wandering archer (probably a Ranger) who is looking for something/someone (Not sure what just yet).

Thanks!
DocH

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Here is a statless character history and idea for approval before I flesh him out with stats:

Systar os Taer Cyjyl (CG Male Valenar Elf Bard1)
Systar grew up in a small fort city in north Arenal called Taer Cyjyl. Systar spent most of his youth training to develop his skill as a feared elven archer and to learn from his father all of the sacred bow-songs of the Valenar people. Systar's favorites were those of his patron ancestor, Kelaerys Thousand-Stings. Systar's father was a Keeper of the Past, and a collector of ancient elven Xen'drick relics. Shortly before the elves that would become the Valenar nation left Aerenal for Khorvaire, A large raiding party attacked Taer Cyjyl, and killed nearly all of it's inhabitants, including Systar's father. Young Systar took up his bow and killed many of the raiders, but was eventually forced to flee. Before he left the area Systar saw an elven man, dressed in black and bearing what could only be a dragonmark across the right side of his face, enter the temple, and scream in rage "It's not here!" Not knowing what the man sought, and fearing that the man would come looking for him, Systar joined the Valenar expedition to Khorvaire. Forgetting his painful loss for a time, Systar fought in many battles of the Last War, becoming a fovorite if somewhat novice member of the Taelus Ral (Roughly translated: Arrow Swarm) war band. Since the end of the war, with a renewed sence of purpose, Systar os Taer Cyjyl has departed from his warband and travels the lands searching for clues or signs from his father's killer and what the object is this man so desperately sought.

Long term advancement: I would probably go straight-class Bard until I can take Arcane Archer. I would likely take some of the alternate Bard song abilities from the ECS as well.

Campaign Ideas: I would love to play a group of adventurers brought together by common foes: and foes that none of can even clearly identify. I like providing a possible campaign villain in my backstory, and I would love to see other PCs do this as well. I DON'T expect the campaign to revolve around me, but I would love to see a game where back-stories constantly come back to haunt us, and by facing our pasts, we are able to save the world. Politics and Cinematic Combat Sequences in similar shares are really appealing to me. Dungeon Crawling, occasionally fun, less appeal overall.

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Okay, let's see.

Ferrix: You realise that the numbers you rolled can be changed around to whichever stats you want, right? You may already have realised this and done it, as your rolls look like they've been tailored for a rogue, but something about the way you expressed yourself seemed to imply that you had been lucky to get such a distribution; so I just thought I should clarify this.

Shaggy: Looks promising. Your camapign ideas seem as if they will gel well with my DMing style. As an idea your character is approved. Before the final decision is made, however, I will need to see a history that more fully expands upon the rest of his life. It doesn't need to go on for pages and pages, but brief mention of his formative influences, relationships, and so on (basically something to give an idea of his outlook and personality) is needed.

DocHazard: That depends. Do you know your way around the Eberron setting? Can you effectively roleplay a character in it without constantly going OOC to ask me 'I'm pretty sure my character would know what he's talking about, so can you explain to me?'? If you can, it won't be a problem. If not, sorry but I'm not sure this is the game for you.

Last edited:

Torillan

First Post
Room for one more?

I'm interested in the game. I DO have the ECSB, and would love to be a player (I DM a pen & paper game, and am starting a PbP game on these boards) rather than running a game.

If you have room, I'll give you a concept within a day or two.

Thanks!

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Still Recruiting?

Hi, is there still room in this game? I can post daily (limited before 4pm EST) but afterwards no problem.

I don't have the 3.5 books, but have the SRD (and the 3.0 books).

Looking forward to this if theres room. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads