• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Placing Weapon Enhancements Upon Natural Attacks?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Another question in my quest to craft a groovy Shifter Totemist.

Other than Kensai (Which I am considering but it's awfully feat-heavy, especially for a non-human), are there any other options for placing weapon enhancements upon Natural Attacks?

Maybe an Artificer Infusion upon, what, a glove or bracelet?

Any feats/gear that would pull this off?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Monk, of course...and possibly the only other option.

Touch spells & powers that are held can boost efficacy, but don't add enhancements.

Arcane Strike feat won't let you add actual enhancements, but will let you channel arcane energy into strikes. Spellfire let's you do something similar.

Classes that also let you channel energy or spells into melee strikes include the Duskblade, Spellsword and Suel Arcanomach, as I recall.

emoplato

First Post
Another question in my quest to craft a groovy Shifter Totemist.

Other than Kensai (Which I am considering but it's awfully feat-heavy, especially for a non-human), are there any other options for placing weapon enhancements upon Natural Attacks?

Maybe an Artificer Infusion upon, what, a glove or bracelet?

Any feats/gear that would pull this off?
Necklace of Natural Attacks, Savage Species

Wyvernhand

First Post
Somewhere between 3 and 4 different natural attacks, the Amulet of Mighty Fists actually becomes more economical. Unfortunately, AoMF doesn't allow you to place non-enhancement enchantments on it, while NoNA does. Also, check where you are placing your essentia. A few melds like Girallon Arms give you a +e enhancement bonus with the attacks. This does not make them count as magical alone, however, and does NOT stack with magical enhancement bonuses, since they all have the same name.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I'm looking for applying utility enhancements, like +2 Vampiric on 6 claw attacks and a bite for 7d6 healing per full attack, for example. Or anything that adds a significant amount of damage, or can hit things better, like Force.

And so on.

emoplato

First Post
I'm looking for applying utility enhancements, like +2 Vampiric on 6 claw attacks and a bite for 7d6 healing per full attack, for example. Or anything that adds a significant amount of damage, or can hit things better, like Force.

And so on.
Well force is something specific for bows. A +2 enhancement on the Necklace of natural attacks for 7 comes to 56,600. You should look into Synergy properties in the MIC rather than stacking as normal those that have the signature allows to treat the weapon as the larger of the two enhancements. A few which actually are equal these being the energy surge qualities. These require the respective energies properties but you get to add another 3d6 damage worth of x energy for 1+con. mod. times a day per weapon. Charging(+1) adds another 2d6 and Valorous(+1) adds x2 multiplier both on a charge. Magebane is always good as there are many things with spell and spell-like abilities. Sure Striking(+1) is an enchantment that automatically aligns against the foes for damage reduction. Metalline(+2) allows to treat it as any metal for damage reduction. If you have room the Shape Soulmeld Crystal Helm can make things easier against outer dimensional foes.

Last edited:

Nezkrul

First Post
arms and equipment guide provided rules for bracers of armor trading +'s for abilities, don't see why you can't do the same thing for AoMF

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads