Planescape Planescape IS D&D Says Jeremy Crawford

Front & center In 2024 core rulebooks.

Planescape is Jeremy Crawford's favourite D&D setting. "It is D&D", he says, as he talks about how in the 2024 core rulebook updates Planescape will be more up front and center as "the setting of settings".

Less than a week to go.
I think this might be the most excited I've been for a product release in 5E.

One thing about Planescape is that it's great for players that don't like race/species restrictions.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Ok, so you want to argue based on usage? People generally mean “universe” to mean a single spacetime continuum and use “multiverse” to mean a multitude such continuums. Neither in science or in common parlance does “universe” mean everything that could conceivably exist.
Lol “conceivably exist” is all you, I never said that.

And frankly, I don’t care enough to “want to argue” anything, here. You’re coming across as getting pretty heated over people using a word differently from how you prefer.

I’m sure you’ll recover. 🤷‍♂️

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Lol “conceivably exist” is all you, I never said that.
It’s definitely not all me. Have you actually been following the conversation?
And frankly, I don’t care enough to “want to argue” anything, here. You’re coming across as getting pretty heated over people using a word differently from how you prefer.

I’m sure you’ll recover. 🤷‍♂️
I’m not getting heated at all. I’m literally just responding to the arguments being offered.

teitan

Legend
Sorry for the tangent, but I was wondering if you could tell me what you like about Dragonbane? I look at it briefly but decided not to get it. What am I missing?
I prefer simpler games without some of the crazier dials of D&D5e myself. It is simple, smooth, much like it's origin game BRP but more modern. It leaves room for house rules and homebrew as well. Boss fights feel like very hairy situations and not just whittling down meat sacks of hitpoints. I do like 5e, do not get me wrong but my tastes lean to less powerful characters and more like Warhammer FRP scale than D&D level 7+ unless it is 1e or Basic. I do run a bi-weekly DCC which can be quite gonzo for sure but its more Moorcock than Jack Kirby. For me Dragonbane can give me the old D&D cartoon style as a game and stay toned down without making it seem like the characters never progress or get bogged down like WFRP does sometimes. WHich I prefer the 2e version of that but I like that the 4e version is more complete out of the book with WFRP. See now I have gone into other games.

I think Mork Borg is danged near perfect as a rules system though.

Remove ads

Remove ads