• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please say it ain't so

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Someone told me Disney had bought Star Trek from paramount? Please say this was franchise confusion. I don't think I could stand seeing Trek disneyized. Also, that fan-project with Walter Koenig (which looks pretty decent, especially compared to JJAbrams) would be destroyed.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
And Disney ruined Star Wars. Look at all the positive responses the trailer got. Where is all the rage, the disappointement and Jar-Jar?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Well, it hasn't appeared in the Memory Alpha wiki, so that's a good sign. I hope it truly was a particularly ugly April Fool's joke.
And sorry, but Muppets hasn't been doing well under Disney. I think the last time the Muppets were even half-way decent was Muppet Treasure Island. And that came out back when I was still in college. (Yikes!)

delericho

Legend
And sorry, but Muppets hasn't been doing well under Disney. I think the last time the Muppets were even half-way decent was Muppet Treasure Island. And that came out back when I was still in college. (Yikes!)

When we went to see "The Muppets" (the one with Jason Segal, not "Most Wanted") the audience actually clapped at the end of the film. I've never experienced that in a cinema in the UK, ever - it's just not done.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, it hasn't appeared in the Memory Alpha wiki, so that's a good sign. I hope it truly was a particularly ugly April Fool's joke.

Note: Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island were co-produced with Disney. The next movie, Muppets from Space was *not*.

Unfortunately, the franchise wasn't doing well. Now, they have a couple new movies in the past few years, and (*fingers crossed*) a TV series coming up, which they probably couldn't have managed without Disney.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads