• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pogre's model and figure thread

pogre said:
Help me out Joe - when you say a book mock-up what do you mean? A sculpture that resembles a book?

sometimes I'm a bit daft...

Yes. The 3 core book's covers are actually scuptures that were painted and photographed.

joe b.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
jgbrowning said:
Yes. The 3 core book's covers are actually scuptures that were painted and photographed.

joe b.

I did not know that...

I guess it would depend on the "look" you were going for - if you wanted gems and hinges I might be able to do that. If you wanted a more sci-fi look with sharp clean edges I would not do well with that. If you wanted something like an old style medieval German stamped leather look with a leering demon face on the lower half and an angel at the top - I could totally get into creating that. If you have a rough sketch or design in mind send it to me - I'll give you an honest assessment of whether it is something I am capable of.

Last edited:

pogre said:
I did not know that...

I guess it would depend on the "look" you were going for - if you wanted gems and hinges I might be able to do that. If you wanted a more sci-fi look with sharp clean edges I would not do well with that. If you wanted something like an old style medieval German stamped leather look with a leering demon face on the lower half and an angel at the top - I could totally get into creating that. If you have a rough sketch or design in mind send it to me - I'll give you an honest assessment of whether it is something I am capable of.

pogueclan AT yahoo DOT com

Cool. I actually don't have designs formed in my head solidly enough to work on concept sketches right now, but I just had a bolt-of-lighting idea for a great d20 product and thought about making a cover similar to the core books. Then I saw this thread again and thought, "Hrm, maybe pogre could do it?"

I'll probably contact you in a month or so with some idea and start the negotiation/idea phase once I have firmer desires.

joe b.

pogre

Legend
jgbrowning said:
Cool. I actually don't have designs formed in my head solidly enough to work on concept sketches right now, but I just had a bolt-of-lighting idea for a great d20 product and thought about making a cover similar to the core books. Then I saw this thread again and thought, "Hrm, maybe pogre could do it?"

I'll probably contact you in a month or so with some idea and start the negotiation/idea phase once I have firmer desires.

joe b.

Sure. I'd love to take a shot at it! The timing works well for me as I am taking off for China for a couple of weeks Friday.

pogre

Legend
People in my D&D campaign please stay out of the link to Connor's Monster thread it will ruin some of our fun.

Folks interested in seeing a monster I painted last week can check it on Connor's Monster Thread.

Please do not comment here about it - my players deserve the surprise!

pogre

Legend
Here's a 40K fella' I just painted for a friend. I used just my desk lamp - so the pic is a bit subpar, but it's not fantasy so who cares right?;)

Seriously, I like the flesh on this guy, but some of the other blending could use help.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Nice work man.

I especially like the armor and the detail work on the book; at scale size it really, really makes the model stand out, and the close-up pic lets you see how you did it which looks very elegant.

I finally got back into some recent painting myself and checking your thread today makes me inspired to post some pics back in my old and nearly dead thread.

pogre

Legend
A new speed painting article is up over at d20 Magazine Rack.

It's taken a while between Steve's move, my laziness this summer, and other factors in getting my painting column going, but I'll try to be a bit more regular/monthly from here on in.

If you try the speed painting technique let me know how it goes. I plan on putting up another speed painting technique in the near future.

pogre

Legend
All the pictures below are thumbnail links to larger pics.

Here are some shots of projects I have been painting. I’m pretty frustrated right now, because I thought I had been making progress on my photography and all of sudden these look pretty bad. Back to the drawing board…

First up is a really old ogre figure. This ogre was put on the market by Marauder, which was a subsidiary of Citadel minis. The old Marauder Imperial ogres are some of my favorites. Kind of sad I had this guy for fifteen years and just got around to re-painting him!

Next up is a monster I cranked out fairly quickly, but I really like how he turned out. Fear my favorite garbage eater the Otyugh!

kengar

First Post
Nice stuff! That's the Chainmail otyugh, right? I just painted that one myself last week, though I'm not done with the base. I like the green color scheme (I went with a greyish-brown and bruise purple for the tongue & mouth.)

Remove ads