• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pull up your pants!

BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
ON girls, Whale tails don't turn me on. Much. OK, well, you got me.

But seriously, lets say we are talking about a girl with low waisted pants, that isn't wearing ANY underpants. A girl with a thong wearing the same pants is more unappropriate? How can laws like this be enforced?

This is another Barsoomcore for Dicator thread!
I dunno, BFG. If more girls looked like Brittney Spears in the picture included with the article, I wouldn't complain. ;) And if barsoomcore wants to outlaw that, he's lost my support for Dicator.

der_kluge

Adventurer
God bless the politically backwards, close-minded, religious state I just moved to.

Jeez.

What I want to see is all the students show up with baggy pants, and then try to watch the officials slap fines on every single one of them.

We get the state senate on a channel on cable here in Richmond. They start every proceeding off with a prayer, and then they follow it up with introductions. "I recognize the distinguished senator from Kent county, do you have introductions?" "Yes, your honor, I would like to introduce the Kent county community college political science class who is visiting. Let's welcome them to the senate." (everyone claps) "Are there any more introductions?" "Yes your honor, I'd like to recognize the Powhattan middle school class which might or might not be watching us on closed circuit television, let's welcome them in case they might be watching." (everyone claps)

What a disgusting waste of taxpayer money.

Felix

Explorer
Monster Mash said:
Now just waiting for Virginia to outlaw Hong!
We did. I think the law had something to do with "cruel and unusual"...

Heh.

die_kluge said:
We get the state senate on a channel on cable here in Richmond... What a disgusting waste of taxpayer money.
Government conventions. We of Northern VA get the US Senate on TV, and it's much the same way. I'd continue, but passing a value judgement on how the government works would constitute political conversation, so I'll refrain. *cough cough*

God bless the politically backwards, close-minded, religious state I just moved to.
Good to see you're enjoying yourself; if you're not, however, there are 49 other states and a District that I'm sure would be happy to have you.

reveal

Adventurer
It's amazing how government doesn't change. In the 50's they wanted to ban rock n' roll because it "detrimental to society's youth." In the 60's the wanted to ban hippies.

New millenium == Same old closed minded government

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Torm said:
. . . but it seems to me that maybe someone needs to take a closer look at whether or not the Virginia legislature has too much time on their hands!

Best observation about this situation that I've read.

Warrior Poet

Torm

Explorer
Warrior Poet said:
Best observation about this situation that I've read.
Thanks. It is a pity that there isn't anyone to do so - these jokers aren't held accountable until the next election, and then everyone mostly votes for who they perceive to be the lesser of the evils, even if they've wasted time on junk like this.

We need something like an office manager for our government - someone who keeps up with who reports to work how often, who's goofing off when there, who doesn't understand the Constitution, etc, and reports to the people when someone needs to be canned. But then, they'd have to come from somewhere, themselves, and would probably be partisan and corrupt, too.

I might be getting too political here, but I've thought for a long time that banning lawyers from holding legislative office - there's a conflict of interest to be involved in making the rules for your own profession - and selecting Representatives entirely at RANDOM from eligible citizens, would go a long way to getting some stuff fixed.

I, for one, welcome our benevolent machine dictators, 3 Laws Safe. Or Barsoomcore - he'd do a good job, and I'm working on talking him into giving me Australia. ;)

Angcuru

First Post
Torm said:
I, for one, welcome our benevolent machine dictators, 3 Laws Safe. Or Barsoomcore - he'd do a good job, and I'm working on talking him into giving me Australia. ;)
As long as I get the Outback to set up my crazy kitten ranch . :D

Ranger REG

Explorer
Torm said:
I might be getting too political here, but I've thought for a long time that banning lawyers from holding legislative office - there's a conflict of interest to be involved in making the rules for your own profession - and selecting Representatives entirely at RANDOM from eligible citizens, would go a long way to getting some stuff fixed.
Meh. Singling out one interest group is just as worse as letting one interest group run the government.

As for "Random" selection, that's not a good idea. Some would akin to being picked for a jury pool, but not whether to convict a criminal but to run the government on taxpayer's money. And besides, that also means the village idiots are qualified to run.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
How does the line go? Isn't it something like:

"It's every New Yorker's right to treat everyone else like dirt!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads