Rando Recommendations: What Pop Culture Thing Do You Recommend (Not Geek Media)

Hex08

Hero
TV: I generally avoid comedies but absolutely loved The Good Place. For TV, that's about it since I generally watch mostly genre (geek) TV.

Movies: I recently watched Faster Pussycat! Kil! Kill!. It's an older movie, I think made in the 1960's
I Care a Lot was really good. It's about a woman who is the legal guardian of elderly people and drains their bank accounts.
The Courier with Benedict Cumberbatch. It's based on a true story and set during the cold war.
There are two Daaniel Radcliff Movies I would recommend. Swiss Army Man and Guns Akimbo (just hysterical).
I also recently rewatched The Basketball Diaries. It's an adaptation of Jim Carroll's childhood. I was a big fan of his music back in high school in the 1980's.

If you have time to kill and belong to your local library you can use Hoopla or Kanopy to watch The Great Courses. There are some great lectures there. I'm currently watching The Skeptic's Guide to American History. I usually watch lectures on history and science but there is a lot to choose from.

Remove ads