D&D 5E Realigning the races post tasha's

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I still have not heard an excuse for argumenting on a different presumtion than what you presented to us. And then you treated me as if I am wasn't able to read. But the mistake was on your side.

I am not sure we are on the same level about the definition of a 5 min workday.

In my opinion, It is the ability to burn all resources in a single fight. Recovering resources on a short rest exactly counteracts this. You need to take short breaks to recover some resources.

So what you propose was recovering on a long rest, and you could spend everything you have on healing resources in a single fight, effectively doubling your health. Recovering a tiny fraction on a short rest afterward does not help your argument. At least you can now say, that you did not nerf the free uses, so it is a straight buff... but it is way imbalanced and terrible for the game overall. I don't know why you think +1 to a stat and armor proficiency for a wizard is that powerful. Very useful for a wizard (that did not dump str to 8), yes. Nice to have +1 stat point on your main stat, also nice to have. Probably 5% chance to have your spells stick on target or make a con saving throw. But deciding between this and reducing damage - as you propose - a number of turns equal to level +1, so I do not actually have to make the concententration save at all - is no decision at all.
Also, stick that on an enemy spell caster with 5 hd and 30 hp and you will see how it goes.
It recovers one use on a short rest and takes two long rests to recover their full hit dice. The goal was to bring races up to match mountain dwarf, variant human & the like... None of those have a 1 per rest you can benefit from +2/+2 & medium armor or or "Feat: you gain one feat of your choice & can use it once per long or short rest". Stone's endurance requires a reaction & you only get one per round so if making a dc10 concentration check or bringing a 26 point hit down from dc13 to dc10 is your big concern the simple solution is to hit bob twice in a round as only one of them can theoretically get soaked if he has a hit die to spare after the free one. People weren't save scumming with short rests for stone's endurance before when it was 1/long or short rest & still won't be.

I don't know how you could be so confused as to ask "So what you propose was recovering on a long rest" after I previously posted
1606240071179.png
That is still true.

Stone's endurance by RAW works like
1606240130250.png
That part is the same except you can expend an unspent hit die to use it additional times. Those expended hit dice are still something you "regain spent Hit Dice, up to a number of hit dice equal to half of the character's total number of them"

I admitted a mistake earlier when I explained it, you keep attacking that point as if that since corrected mistake is a big bone of contention... drop it.

Remove ads